Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Wait ...... furs don't make you hot?!?

2 episodes left in this season with quite the slim body count compared to last year - wondering who they will snuff out in next couple of weeks. Knowing there is no way to follow all the threads of the books, It is kinda fun watching it shape up, and which storylines they will dump to make it understandable in an 8-10 hr season.

I never expected anything different from a network that could pull off something as awesome as deadwood - but this has exceeded expectations...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Be careful what you wish for ..... Warning: potential spoiler alert - I'm guessing this season's grand finale involves a disgruntled father-in-law

That would be kind of far to jump ahead but would make a doozy of a cliffhanger.....but since they already sped up the other woman angle, you could be right.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Oddly enough the Robb-Talisa thing never happened in the books, to my knowledge.

Bwahahahaha:

yup, it happened - I think it was third or fourth book and a little diff circumstances, but as mentioned earlier...it will reap the same results.

The only reason I made that prediction for the Grand Finale is because someone said this season combined books 2 and 3; I'm starting to have second thoughts, though - there's so much between the last episode and my predicted GF, including the events surrounding Tyrion's "beauty treatment" ...... without massive cuts, it's hard to imagine everything fitting in the last two episodes. Given the heavy emphasis on young love, though, I'll stick with my guess.

bronn setting off wildfire = money...great scene and interesting single plotline episode. My thought was that they would ditch the whole angle with joffrey/sansa/tyrion/margary/wedding pigs...but now that the brother rolled in, they still might go that way. I think that frey/tully wedding will be the early shocker of season 3 - if they rush that in the last remaining episode they won't do justice to one the the great/shocking turns of the whole series.
    Awesome scene where dog and bronn almost dance before battle starts...

Yeah, that didn't disappoint.

"The best weapon a woman has is between her legs."

"There are some very honorable people out there with swords - let's go kill them!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    bronn setting off wildfire = money...
    A shame they didn't use the chain tho, I had such a vivid image of it in my head I was really looking forward to seeing how they did it..

Overall thought the massacre on the ships was underdone. The hound quitting and Tyrion taking charge otoh, now that was well done.

Overall still pretty pleased with the series, it was nice to see them devote a whole episode to the battle rather than jumping around to the different storylines!

If there's only one episode left in the season than someone big's got to die.. I know who my money's on.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 05-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.

that boy king needs to go in a big way and give sansa a much needed timeout - let her go on walkabout w/dog in the N....

I thought the red headed witch said she had a spell that was going to ensure Stannis's victory. Was that meaningless chatter, or was it cut out of the show?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    The only reason I made that prediction for the Grand Finale is because someone said this season combined books 2 and 3
    Based on what I've read this doesn't seem to have been the case, though. Seems to me the primary action has stuck to the second book.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Based on what I've read this doesn't seem to have been the case, though. Seems to me the primary action has stuck to the second book.
    Insofar as it has stuck to the book at all. It's weird how the first season follows so closely and the second deviates wildly.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Have to agree; I guessed ...... poorly. Now I'm actually a little nervous based on the previews - seems to be another Daenarys/dragon finale, which, as good as the first season's finish was, won't work that well this time.

I was hoping for the Chain too, but no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I thought the red headed witch said she had a spell that was going to ensure Stannis's victory. Was that meaningless chatter, or was it cut out of the show?
    Stannis may be down, but he's not out yet....

Red Wedding = Season Finale. Has to be.

Edit: not according to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112510/

with not one frey on the entire cast of characters for the episode that seems highly unlikely....
    they have to bring in the blackfish and the brother for that story arc

Anyone dies with a clean sword, ill rape his fucking corpse!

GREAT EPISODE!!!
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Red Wedding = Season Finale. Has to be.

Edit: not according to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112510/
    Don't fucking spoil that shit for anyone. That's next season.

during the end credits is that dog singing a dire straits tune?

Danaraeys ordering her dragons to spit fire and then standing there with her eyes closed while they torched that weirdo was one of the best moments of the season...

On another note: Last we saw Stannis, he was being captured on top of a wall in Kings Landing, all his troops were running away. All of a sudden, he's free and back home??? WTF??

Is Sansa portrayed as stupid & naive in the book as she is in the show? Last week she had a chance to leave and now she's going to be the prison whore? And she still wants to live in Kings Landing???? Damn, she is stupid.

Is Stannis now certifiably insane or did he really see something the fire? I go with full blown nuts.

I'm routing for the dragons.

Maybe it's just me but the dragons, smoke demons and ice zombies are turning me off. I think the complex int/er/ra house/family rivalry is plenty of story...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

can someone please explain to me why Stannis is still alive