Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    The worst part of that link is the stupid, long, annoying Samsonite ad that can't be bypassed.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    The worst part of that link is the stupid, long, annoying Samsonite ad that can't be bypassed.
    Not getting that, but here's the text:

SANTA FE, NM—In the wake of last year's highly successful publication of the fifth installment in his A Song Of Ice And Fire series, author George R.R. Martin assured fans Tuesday the final two books in the fantasy saga would be "complete turds." "For starters, there'll be no mention of the dragons at all, because I'm pretty much sick of writing about dragons at this point," said Martin, who added he would also be introducing an entirely new storyline set on a completely different continent and featuring a cast of at least 50 new characters all vying for the same throne. "And I'm going to take even longer to write these last two, at least a decade each. Who knows if I'll even be alive to finish them? Who cares? My son knows how to spell most of the characters' names, so maybe I'll let him wrap the whole thing up." Martin said that while he didn't want to give too much away, he was certainly going to kill off Tyrion and never resurrect him, because "that fucking dwarf" was annoying the shit out of him.

I can probably thank this thread for putting these books on my radar. I just finished the first book and really enjoyed it. I want to start right in on the next one, but I've got a hold on it at the library and I'm something like 50th on the list, so looks like it's going to be a while! Maybe I'll watch the HBO series in the mean time. The first season comes out on DVD soon.

The AD, this one just for you:
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

Yeah, that's about right. Actually I don't really mind waiting for the HBO series. Right now I'm waiting for the second book to be available from the library. I'm a ways down on the waiting list. Unbroken became available while I was waiting, so I read that and it was OK, but now I'm ready for more Westeros, dammit!

Season 2 starts 4/1! WooHoo!

So fucking bummed you have to be a cable subscriber to watch this.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Season 1 available on Netflix 3/6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    So fucking bummed you have to be a cable subscriber to watch this.
    Torrents dude. Pirates are taking over. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Torrents dude. Pirates are taking over. Just sayin
    Not worth the risk to me. I'd rather just read the books and wait until it's released on DVD. I have had several friends busted for piracy and it pretty much fucked their lives.

On a related note though, how safe does a VPN keep you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    Not worth the risk to me. I'd rather just read the books and wait until it's released on DVD. I have had several friends busted for piracy and it pretty much fucked their lives.

On a related note though, how safe does a VPN keep you?
    What happened to your friends? What were they downloading? (If you dont mind sharing)

I cant wait for Game of Thrones, too!! Badass!!!
    パウダーバカ!!

You can prebuy it for 35$ on amazon right now. out 3/6

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    What happened to your friends? What were they downloading? (If you dont mind sharing)

I cant wait for Game of Thrones, too!! Badass!!!
    They were downloading (and then selling i think) movies off of Pirate Bay. Lets just say they could each buy a nice house with the total of the fines they are having to pay.

Sucks to hear that man...I wonder how long it is till everybody is getting busted.

T-minus a month and counting!! With school finishing here I may need to rewatch season 1. Damn I cant wait.
    パウダーバカ!!

Looks to me like season 2 will combine some of both book 2 and 3. I'm not positive about this but based on the trailers it definitely looks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
    Looks to me like season 2 will combine some of both book 2 and 3. I'm not positive about this but based on the trailers it definitely looks that way.

Thinking I don't like this, but I guess we'll see...

I don't really mind. Book 3 is incredibly important and book 2 consisted of mostly moving chess pieces. As long as they do it right I'm down. My only two gripes: At least show one major battle. And in addition to that, I really hope they work out the kinks in the fight choreography. It was subpar at best (except for Drogos last fight and the water dancer). Still, easily one of my favorite shows. Super pumped for season 2!

Edit: upon re-watching season one, they also REALLY need to incorporate the direwolves much more.
    Last edited by k2rider; 03-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through "A Clash of Kings" and, without giving any spoilers, does anyone else agree the Daenerys storyline is a bit boring? I thought it was the weakest part in the first book and it's not getting any more interesting. I've got to assume at some point it gets good. I think all the other storylines are good. Tyrion is probably the best. He's great!

Quote Originally Posted by k2rider View Post
    Edit: upon re-watching season one, they also REALLY need to incorporate the direwolves much more.
    I think this will be difficult due to the fact that they get so big. The scenes where they direwolves played an important role felt a bit weak (like the Greatjon scene) because the wolves were normal sized. I hope they find a way to do them justice without turning the show into a CGI nightmare like so many shows/movies tend to do.

I hate to say I'm pretty sure they're going to be cgi. Although after watching the grey, it could be worse (80s style animatronics).

POWER is power.

So fucking good.

Fuck me. Free HBO weekend and actually watched probably 5 hours of GoT.

Anything else I can do to justify a subscription? Aside from softcore on cinemax?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    POWER is power.

So fucking good.
    That part rocked...
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    POWER is power.

So fucking good.
    Best reply ever to "knowledge is power." I wished she had cut his throat. That guy's a twat along with that little prick King Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Fuck me. Free HBO weekend and actually watched probably 5 hours of GoT.

Anything else I can do to justify a subscription? Aside from softcore on cinemax?
    No, not when you can just download the show you want.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer