Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Well done!!! Excellent last show of the first season - a dash of resolution, plus a whole lot of get ready for what's coming!

I really, really want a dragon!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Nice one CDLV - Tyrion has, and is the Hand - ol' Joffy boy is for a rough time. Sensa shoulda done it.

Charles Dance, the actor who plays Tywin, has nailed the part just perfectly. Superb representation of the cold, calculating, and ruthless character.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

AHHH! Such a good ending to the first season! Can't wait for season two, can't decide if I should read the books or wait.

I can't wait for Joffre to get his comeuppance.

(Any of you history nerds find his name to be a little telling?)
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

King Joffre Jamunda, of the kingdom of Zumunda?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2010-07-06-17h53m17s230.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	98049  

yea there really is no huge battle scenes until at least the midpoint of book 2, book 3 for sure. book 1 is all plot and setup

Wish this would come out on Netflix soon. Reading the books right now. Just finished GOT. Great books. Haven't read scifi/fantasy for many years and these books are great for getting back into it.

My son just started reading the books but I'm trying to resist the temptation and wait for next season but I'm desperate to see what happens with Kalise and the dragons.
    Agree Charles Dance is perfect.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

I've just finished ADWD (yeah 7/12 official release, but the german Amazon screwed up and released a few early copies 3days ago )

Think of it as a storm of swords with more fantasy elements.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I've just finished ADWD (yeah 7/12 official release, but the german Amazon screwed up and released a few early copies 3days ago )

Think of it as a storm of swords with more fantasy elements.
    Nice - cant wait till the 12th to pick it up.

Finished the first book in 3 days. Well worth the read.
    Any other ladies reading these books? Not my typical read, but I am hooked.
    Looking forward to finishing the next 4 by Labor Day.
    ---
    Who motivates the motivator?

Not a big fan of award shows but Game of Thrones got 13 Emmy nominations. Awards to be presented on September 18th.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/20...ions-2011.html
    ---
    Who motivates the motivator?

Whoa!! George is back, and all is (almost) forgiven! 100 pages into dances with Dragons and it's solid cracklin'! Still seems like Feast for Crows was a serious tactical error, but I'll reserve final judgment. And of course, he's already promising the next book ..... (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Whoa!! George is back, and all is (almost) forgiven! 100 pages into dances with Dragons and it's solid cracklin'! Still seems like Feast for Crows was a serious tactical error, but I'll reserve final judgment. And of course, he's already promising the next book ..... (face palm)
    I liked Feast. It really drove home the point that all this kingfighting BS is absolutely raping the common man.

Just bought DwD's today and am at the beach for a nice long vacation. Hope to have it finished before I'm back in DC in August.

Just picked up all 4 of the first books at costco for 19.99! I've already read the firs two but it was cheaper to buy all four than the rest separately.

Just marathoned the whole season and do not understand why this story takes thousands of pages to tell. Love the story line of the Night's Watch on the Wall but, hell, the political intrigues of kings were done to death already. I sure hope this series cuts out the mountains of flab hanging off the central plot. Watching characters scheming and plotting in rooms is like having to sit down and reread Shakespeare's Richard III through Henry VI over and over. Especially when, just like Shakespeare, the big battles happen offstage and we just hear about them. Major fail for the producers to give us virtually no action from either big battle. At some point, a writer has mined out the major themes of his work and the rest is just excess filler.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-16-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Dude. Stick to comic books then.

Wait ...... you're saying Martin is as good as Shakespeare??

That's assbackwards

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman50 View Post
    My son just started reading the books but I'm trying to resist the temptation and wait for next season but I'm desperate to see what happens with Kalise and the dragons.
    Agree Charles Dance is perfect.
    The books are infinitely better than the series. Use your own imagination rather than borrowing another's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post
    All books are better than Films/Shows/Plays based on them.
    Fixed......

Hot damn. Just finished the season... in about a week. Couldn't stop watching.

Sounds like I need to get into the books. Had a hard time getting excited until the second half of the season, and then I was blown away.

I was pretty shocked when they beheaded Stark. Such a pivotal character on the show. I love when a story is willing to make big sacrifices. His son is going to tear it up.

For the record, the boobies on the show do not suck. Yes please