Page 57 of 110 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I think she just turned into a survivalist. I also think that her humanity is broken, but might be repaired (like Theon's.) Who would help her in that I have no idea.
    I just have this inkling that down the road Tyrion being a gentleman toward Sansa will have an impact on future relations. If Sansa were to fuck over everyone that ever screwed with her, Tyrion would be ok. Like his relationship with Dany.
    Decisions Decisions

Dead Pool for final week of season. We know that there will be a surprise. But, who will die?
    My money is on The High Sparrow
    Tommen and
    Cersei

Also, I would love to see The Hound kill his brother
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Margery
    Decisions Decisions

Cercei's death brings chaos to Kings Landing

I vote for the writer who can't make up their mind about Sansa.

On a not much more serious note: big money on Melisandra - she's had her run/served her purpose, and the youngster in Meereen can easily take over as producer of womb demons. fits better than killing off bigger characters, which would overshadow the usual second to last show being the the big reveal

I could be wrong I suppose.
    It happened once or twice before.

I would agree, and she may go too. But, this is the season finale and next season is the last ( or so I hear), so I am expecting big things

Two more shirt seasons like the sopranos from what I've read

I thought Cersei had reached the end of her arc and was bound to go this season but now I think she will make it to the next. She'll burn KL to the ground but will escape somehow. Seems to much conventional wisdom that she's done for it to happen predictability wise. Then again, the writing has been pretty predictable this year...maybe they go really bold and turn her into lady Stoneheart instead of Starkmom. That would be interesting.

Also, I hope the final has about 40 minutes dedicated to Dorne.

Winner in the death pool, All the minor characters..

Loved arya. Her mask was hot too
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Were you taken by surprise?

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Dani is bringing dragons, a navy, and a powerful army to Westeros (w/ calvary). She also has Dorne & the iron islands (maybe via Yara) & potentially house Tyrell before she even lands. House Lannister is in for a shock; crazy fire shit ain't gonna help.

&

Arya is a stone cold assassin.

Arya is awesome. You go, girl.

That was a satisfying season ender. I'm happy they didn't leave on some lame cliff hanger. They killed off enough people and left some questions to be answered fro next year.

And shit...Tommen!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    The father of Jon Snow is still to be named. Brann wasn't in on Lyanna's whisper to Ned just before she died.

After watching the show, that is what I thought. But, according to this article, he may, or may not be a bastard, but he definitely has dragon blood running thru his veins. With all that talk about power thru marriage, wouldn't it be wild if he and Danny have wild sex, get married and raise incest kids to sit on the iron throne?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Dani is bringing dragons, a navy, and a powerful army to Westeros (w/ calvary). She also has Dorne & the iron islands (maybe via Yara) & potentially house Tyrell before she even lands..
    There were Tyrell and Martell ships in the fleet (look for the rose and the sunspear on the green and yellow sails). That's what Varys was doing; brokering the renewal of the old alliance between house Targaryen and the two houses that remained loyal to the crown during Robert's Rebellion.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 06-27-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    The father of Jon Snow is still to be named. Brann wasn't in on Lyanna's whisper to Ned just before she died.
    No, it is implicit. Lyanna says Ned must promise to protect the baby from Robert. This occurs during the mop up after the rebellion when Robert is hunting the Targaryen house to extinction. The only real motive for Robert to harm the baby (the nephew of his best friend, mind you) is that the child is a Targaryen heir. Therefore, it is implicit that Prince Rhaegar is the father.

Great episode!
    I thought Rhaegar was married to Prince Oberlin of Dorne's sister, or was that the Mad King, or another offspring?
    Ew, there's gonna be some cousins or step siblings marrying.
    The bomb was amazing. So many great houses in ruins now.
    Also, why don't people call Jame Lord Lannister? Is that not what he is now?
    And Varris can sure move between continents fast, lol.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My thoughts:
    1. Great episode.

2. A friend of mine from high school is a film historian (https://www.amazon.com/Vivien-Leigh-.../dp/0762450991). She met Natalie Dormer recently because Dormer optioned her Leigh book for a mini-series. She said that they were in the midst of filming for next season. So I'm curious if that's still true or not. (And, yes, Brock, given that I was going to bail on my part of the bet if I won. :-)) I still appreciate that it was her who figured out something was wrong, even though it was too late.

3. It seems to me that Jon Snow needs to watch his back given what Littlefinger said to Sansa and Jon now seemingly standing in the way.

4. I wonder if Cersei's madness has gone too far for Jaime this time. He said what he said to Edmure, but that was before she actually engaged in another act of mass murder that throws the Seven Kingdoms into chaos and resulted in their last child committing suicide.

5. I don't get putting Varys on the ship with Daenerys at the end. It seems to me it wasn't important to the story--e.g. why does he need to be there and not Westeros? Just to show he's a member of the A-Team? And it was immediately (a bit) off-putting because it made me think, "Wait a second. He was just in Dorne. Does being a eunuch come with teleportation powers?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    And Varris can sure move between continents fast, lol.
    That was a big problem for me. It was completely unnecessary for him to be in that shot. All it did was jar me and make it harder to suspend disbelief.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Remember, the only toasted critter we actually saw was the High Sparrow ........
    Definitely think Jaime's going to be Cersei's demise - he is the King (Queen!) Slayer, after all.
    Although, did you notice how Jamie seemed to recognize something unusual in Arya's disguise? Could get messy.
    Varys: simple explanation - he's the Big Bird. Not too concerned with this apparent slip up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That was a big problem for me. It was completely unnecessary for him to be in that shot. All it did was jar me and make it harder to suspend disbelief.
    well, if the sails were there from the other fleets too, the only thing we missed was time passing.
    danaerys's folks had to convert the slavers' ship sails (a character (forget who) made a comment about them being re-painted) so the timing wasn't exactly quick to go through a whole fleet

it def could have been better done...we all picked up on it as odd

Time flies in the show. One could say the same thing about Ayra getting to House Frey. I had no problem with any timing issues.

Nice interview here:
    http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture...me-of-thrones/

She's rad. Rush was a sick movie too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.