Page 39 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    The Stannis-Brienne scene was interesting. It appeared to me that Stannis's eyes were looking at something behind Brienne. He was sitting down and his eyes appeared to flick to something lower in his field of view than an Amazon towering over him with a sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

^^^same.

What about all those boats Stannis had that Jon used to get some freefolk? They could haul an army.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    The Stannis-Brienne scene was interesting. It appeared to me that Stannis's eyes were looking at something behind Brienne. He was sitting down and his eyes appeared to flick to something lower in his field of view than an Amazon towering over him with a sword.
    eh, his eyes were all over the place. I mean, it's possible you're right, but I don't think so.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Hopefully next season is followed shortly by the book release.
    what makes you think the book would arrive after the show?

and I simply don't think the Stannis arc needs to go any further. His tragic story has come to an end. I know some think he didn't die because we didn't see it, but I think he's dead.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    what makes you think it will arrive before the show?

Book?!? BOOK???? Not caring, not planning on bothering to read it. Might pick up the entire show on DVD (if quality is maintained), but no more books.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    what makes you think it will arrive before the show?
    1) RRM's supposed to have been working on the thing for a while now
    2)marketing synergy
    3) book doesn't stand to sell that well if it doesn't preempt the show and build the hype since the show has already decided to diverge from the book's storylines
    4) marketing synergy

[no inside knowledge -- just my worthless opinion...we'll just have to see ]

and because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Book?!? BOOK???? Not caring, not planning on bothering to read it. Might pick up the entire show on DVD (if quality is maintained), but no more books.

Well yeah, we're past the books now, and not just in the sense of the story lines. The books are no longer driving the show, the show is its own beast now, and Martin would have to get the book out before the next season, I can't see them holding up the show so he can get the book written/published.

....... I can't see them holding up the show so he can get the book written/published.
    We better kill him now, just to make sure.

OK, maybe just cut off his hands and tongue.

Well yeah, we're past the books now, and not just in the sense of the story lines. The books are no longer driving the show, the show is its own beast now, and Martin would have to get the book out before the next season, I can't see them holding up the show so he can get the book written/published.
    That's not entirely correct. His publisher and HBO wanted assurances that they would be getting the genuine Martin story so contingency plans exist. Martin has selected a ghost writer and they have gone over his outlines for the story's conclusion. Martin isn't a slow writer in terms of him creating his story and world. He's a slow writer when it comes to sitting down and writing out the hundreds of pages of descriptive prose and dialogue required to fill the outline. In the event of something untimely happening, plans are in place. The show runners have an outline and Martin also reviews the work of the show writers. Season 7 is not totally within the control of the show writers. Don't forget Martin made a living for a long time writing scripts for TV and is very familiar with the demands of the format. Plus, neither Martin nor HBO want so much divergence that the book and show are contradictory. When the show runners say Martin killed Shireen, that is the case. It was an "essential" plot element that Martin wanted to include to finish a character's slide into darkness and failure.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 06-17-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Last update from a Google source says it is expected in fall 2016. Just saw that GRRM said he'd like to have it out before the TV series. That would be awesome.

What? There is a season or 2 of material left in the books. Especially with this 10 episodes a season garbage they do with shows now.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Yes, but ….. the last two books should not count very much. Yeah, I know, this season has elements of the last book, and they've managed to salvage them pretty well, but they've wisely decided to not be strictly bound by the book i.e. it's mostly virgin territory from here on out.

No. It isn't.
    No longer stuck.

Okay, how about subtly increasing divergence?

Sure.
    No longer stuck.

I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Oh man...
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thr...621439150.html

Who is he playing? Comments on Yahoo, I read Randall Tarly or Euron Greyjoy...or maybe someone not even introduced on the TV show yet. Next season might be a little Bran heavy, maybe he's Coldhands? Regardless, way to get McShane back into a roll where he throw some fucks or cunts out there.

Oh fuck yeah. His Swearingen on Deadwood is one of my top three TV actor portrayals. So good.

So cool if he shows up with a head in a box ……

But no more kidney stones, please

Hmmm ..... Max Von Sydow as the three eyed raven?

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    Oh man...
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thr...621439150.html

Who is he playing? Comments on Yahoo, I read Randall Tarly or Euron Greyjoy...or maybe someone not even introduced on the TV show yet. Next season might be a little Bran heavy, maybe he's Coldhands? Regardless, way to get McShane back into a roll where he throw some fucks or cunts out there.
    Dis gon be gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    i kinda agree but i'm afraid it will go the same route as the excellent Rome series. it just got too expensive to produce. only 2 seasons and the last half of the 2nd season was so rushed that it lost its momentum. keep it in budget and string it out as long as possible please.
    I just have to dig that up from season one. Most expensive show on TV by far. and it looks absolutely great. I mean: Hardhome!!!!!!!
    And in season 6 I heard they are throwing even more money on it! Yay!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/...thrones-promo/

I dunno ....... he looks pretty white/dead to me.