Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The outrage of Sansa's rape.
    Is it perhaps because her character was introduced within the series as a child?

It seems odd that with all that has been portrayed so far that the scene was so PG13? I wonder if HBO predicted this reaction, maybe from screenings of alternate edits..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It seems odd that with all that has been portrayed so far that the scene was so PG13? I wonder if HBO predicted this reaction, maybe from screenings of alternate edits..
    I'm outraged it wasn't as it actually was in the book, which was way more fucked up than this PG-13 bullshit, but America would have gotten out the torches and pitchforks if they even hinted at that. Ramsay is one fucked up dude, and that scene was tame for his character. Also, the fact that they have it as the actual Sansa Stark and not the Arya impostor Jeyne Poole further bothers me. Littlefinger is smarter and more cunning than this, and loves Sansa too much to marry her off to a Bolton.

And as for child rape, nobody bats an eye when the boy king (he's supposed to be 8) has his 8 year older queen jump his bones to secure her position as lawful queen.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I think the faded out for the final act in large part because of the big/over-the-top backlash over the "rape" of Cercei by Jaimie (couldn't have happened to a nicer cunt).

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    ..... Ramsay is one fucked up dude, and that scene was tame for his character. ...
    heh. What's the over/under on how many wolves get to feast on Ramsay's flesh for his final come-uppance?

Aria is learning how to be a Jedi/Ninja/Deathbot.
    Pretty much up till recently, a lot of women were basically raped on their wedding night and onward. Since GoT, and all of that genre, are supposed to be like the Middle Ages, I'd say it's pretty accurate toward the treatment of women, etc.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    The outrage of Sansa's rape is rather interesting to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/entert...nes/index.html

The idea that this is anywhere near the most offensive thing that has happened on this show is preposterous. I think it identifies a number of hypocrisies that exist in our current culture. Skin a man and wife alive, take babies from their mothers and kill them, torture rape and kill a prostitute (Joffrey), brutal slavery and rape, etc were all acceptable. However, the line is crossed when a girl who people identify is raped by her husband on her wedding night. Perhaps it is made worse because we know what a monster Ramsey is and that this is just the beginning.
    Let's not forget, it wasn't just Joffrey who killed a prostitute. Everybody's fav character strangled a prostitute in last season's climax. IMHO, the media "outrage" reflects the intellectual tendencies of most critics, journalists and bloggers (would be criitcs and/or journalists). Most of these folks had to get through english lit. courses in college and that is an insular scholarly world that chooses to examine everything in terms of gender politics and does so with a firm bias towards feminism. It's all the women in class want to talk about anyway and nobody is getting a good grade (or tenure!) if he's accused of being insensitive to these issues. Ever since post-structuralism waned, feminist theory has owned the fading world of the literature department. Meanwhile, down the hall in the history class, the professor just shrugs and says welcome to the medieval realities of arranged marriages involving adolescent girls. Those whiners should be watching Wolf Hall. The most annoying critique is the sentiment that by focusing on Theon's face during the rape, the show somehow disregards the rape because it places emphasis on male reaction to rape over female suffering (or something like that). Kind of misses the point that this is not just Sansa's storyline but Theon's too. Sansa just got to Ramsayland for fucks sake. Theon's been cooped up in the kennels for something like two years. He didn't get raped. No, he got sexually mutilated which those feminist critics seems to have forgotten in their rush to regurgitate their eng. lit. 201 term papers. In their view, showing Theon's flashbacks to his dick getting cut off and underscoring their newly shared status as victims of Ramsay's casual sexual cruelty only trivializes Sansa's rape. Why? Because it detracts from what's really important: writing about gender politics. No, we shouldn't think about how Sansa now has a new understanding of "Reek". We shouldn't notice Theon's disassociative fugue state seems to be breaking down the more contact he has with Sansa and how this latest horror may just have been the thing that moves Theon to reclaim his personality and find a redemptive final act. Because, if you sat through english lit classes in the last 25 years and you learned one thing, its that the mechanics of character and plot doesn't matter as much as siting around for an hour in class validating shared opinions on gender politics.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-20-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Let's not forget, it wasn't just Joffrey who killed a prostitute. Everybody's fav character strangled a prostitute in last season's climax. IMHO, the media "outrage" reflects the intellectual tendencies of most critics, journalists and bloggers (would be criitcs and/or journalists). Most of these folks had to get through english lit. courses in college and that is an insular scholarly world that chooses to examine everything in terms of gender politics and does so with a firm bias towards feminism. It's all the women in class want to talk about anyway and nobody is getting a good grade (or tenure!) if he's accused of being insensitive to these issues. Meanwhile, down the hall in the history class, the professor just shrugs and says welcome to the medieval realities of arranged marriages involving adolescent girls. Those whiners should be watching Wolf Hall. The most annoying critique is the sentiment that by focusing on Theon's face during the rape, the show somehow disregards it because it places emphasis on male reaction to rape over female suffering (or something like that). Kind of misses the point that this is not just Sansa's storyline but Theon's too. Sansa just got to Ramsayland for fucks sake. Theon's been cooped up in the kennels for something like two years. He didn't get raped. No, he got sexually mutilated which those feminist critics seems to have forgotten in their rush to regurgitate their eng. lit. 201 term papers. In their view, showing Theon's flashbacks to his dick getting cut off and underscoring their newly shared status as victims of Ramsay's casual sexual cruelty only trivializes Sansa's rape. Why? Because it detracts from what's really important: writing about gender politics.
    That's kinda what I thought too, but I'd take it a step further and say that these people are offended by this because they identify with Sansa. They have distanced themselves from Shae, prostitutes, or any of the low-born victims. Their self view is much more in line with Sansa than Shae, unrealistic as that may be.

A great response to that senator in the CNN would have been, "You can rape and murder the citizens but when you mess with the ruling class, now we're pissed."

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Let's not forget, it wasn't just Joffrey who killed a prostitute. Everybody's fav character strangled a prostitute in last season's climax. IMHO, the media "outrage" reflects the intellectual tendencies of most critics, journalists and bloggers (would be criitcs and/or journalists). Most of these folks had to get through english lit. courses in college and that is an insular scholarly world that chooses to examine everything in terms of gender politics and does so with a firm bias towards feminism. It's all the women in class want to talk about anyway and nobody is getting a good grade (or tenure!) if he's accused of being insensitive to these issues. Ever since post-structuralism waned, feminist theory has owned the fading world of the literature department. Meanwhile, down the hall in the history class, the professor just shrugs and says welcome to the medieval realities of arranged marriages involving adolescent girls. Those whiners should be watching Wolf Hall. The most annoying critique is the sentiment that by focusing on Theon's face during the rape, the show somehow disregards the rape because it places emphasis on male reaction to rape over female suffering (or something like that). Kind of misses the point that this is not just Sansa's storyline but Theon's too. Sansa just got to Ramsayland for fucks sake. Theon's been cooped up in the kennels for something like two years. He didn't get raped. No, he got sexually mutilated which those feminist critics seems to have forgotten in their rush to regurgitate their eng. lit. 201 term papers. In their view, showing Theon's flashbacks to his dick getting cut off and underscoring their newly shared status as victims of Ramsay's casual sexual cruelty only trivializes Sansa's rape. Why? Because it detracts from what's really important: writing about gender politics. No, we shouldn't think about how Sansa now has a new understanding of "Reek". We shouldn't notice Theon's disassociative fugue state seems to be breaking down the more contact he has with Sansa and how this latest horror may just have been the thing that moves Theon to reclaim his personality and find a redemptive final act. Because, if you sat through english lit classes in the last 25 years and you learned one thing, its that the mechanics of character and plot doesn't matter as much as siting around for an hour in class validating shared opinions on gender politics.
    You missed the part where Theon loved Sansa while he was Eddard Stark's ward in Winterfell, and the emotional toil he was suffering as Ramsay was having his wedding night (as well as not having a dick anymore).
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Am I the only person that thought Sansa got the treatment she deserves being so naive and passive as she has been? She has survived only by happenstance from the attention provided by other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Am I the only person that thought Sansa got the treatment she deserves being so naive and passive as she has been? She has survived only by happenstance from the attention provided by other people.
    Up until recently, you are correct (remember the baker boy? Joffrey had him killed but Sansa was equally to blame), but she's undergoing a transformation/maturation which presumably will be hastened by this most recent, highly educational experience.

Oh, and Neckdeep? ....... you go girl!

Nobody made a kerfuffle when Danerus got raped on her wedding night.
    Bitch got the magnum jackhammer.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Deserves... that's a strong take.

Nobody made a kerfuffle when Danerus got raped on her wedding night.
    Bitch got the magnum jackhammer.
    Nobody cared when Cersei said King Robert had drunkenly raped her numerous times. Where's the outcry? Guess she deserved it, she's a bad person. Oh right, it only counts if the feminists can accuse the writer of using rape as a plot device, back story doesn't count. Remember, only black people can talk about race, jews are the only ones allowed to talk about the Holocaust and only women are allowed to write a story involving a rape. If you touch these subjects without flashing your victim card first, then you are obviously exploiting tragedy for your own gain. You can't possibly be putting ideas forward for thoughtful discussion if you don't have your victimhood status clearly established beforehand. Over 5000 people butchered and burned on screen so far is OK, though. Those were 99% men getting butchered. I guess they deserved it.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-21-2015 at 10:13 AM.

"The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant"

I thought Cersei would eventually regret empowering the sparrows as she a big secret herself. The whole I fucked my brother so all the heirs to the throne are children of incest thingie. It was just a matter of time before her old fuck buddy cousin spilled the beans.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Omg, read the fucking book.
    Also, I'm bring the faith of the 7 to our new troll. Who wants to help?
    No longer stuck.

Moar naked sand snakes please.

Really; not a bad way to go, glazing at those glorious orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Moar naked sand snakes please.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Bronn and sand snakes together in a prison break?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Tyene is a cut above the other Sand sisters, hotness-wise .... at least based on what we've seen so far.

Yeah, ramses one fucked up dude. Hope he's got a fitting death coming.

I thought they let the first king (geoffry?) off pretty easy with the poisioning.
    "Can't you see..."

Can some of you guys help me with my little endeavor in the polical asshat threads? It's actually hard to type that poorly and make up random shit about a religion that doesn't exist tho is basically the Catholic Church. Like, it actually hurts my hand muscles to type like that because the muscle memory is being fought against.
    The best part is how DasCunt thinks I'm for real. It's hard to keep it up. I almost feel bad for the cunt.
    No longer stuck.

White walkers and the army of dead on the scene. Shit just got real.

Very real.

That was fucking nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.