Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I'm not at all familiar with the books or story. I watched the first two episodes. There is a relationship that I'm confused about I hope someone can clarify. The dwarf is the brother of the blond guy, right? Who are they? The brothers of the queen? If so, then there is some serious incest going on. If not, why are they hanging around?

yep, jaime and cersei are twins and tyrion is the youngest brother. cersei is the current queen they are all Lannisters, which is one of the big houses in the book.

I cannot wait to see the continuing reactions of people who haven't read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I cannot wait to see the continuing reactions of people who haven't read the books.
    i thought you might enjoythis thread

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....wtopic=3204374
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I kept wondering where I've seen the woman that plays the queen. The face was so recognizable, but I could not place it. This morning it hit me, she was the mom on the Terminator tv series. The blond wig had me confused for a while. I feel better now that this is cleared up. (I know I could have gone to IMDB.com)

Loving the whole show. I think that skimpily dressed blond needs more one on one training from her lady servant. Other than that, I have not been disappointed.

It's taken a couple of episodes to adjust to the casting (no one looks like I pictured them in the book) and the big jumps in plot to cram the entire story into the scheduled run, but I've finally settled in and love it.

I guess its been renewed for a second season - per George R R Martins blog

So fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    wow! the actor who plays the dwarf is incredible. i was not fully invested until this second episode. the wolf scene with the boy and his mother was intense. i'm in!
    amazing he is 6' in real life

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    wow! the actor who plays the dwarf is incredible. i was not fully invested until this second episode. the wolf scene with the boy and his mother was intense. i'm in!
    Oh yeah he is a great actor, interesting person too. Rent ''The Station Agent" Then if you have not seen it "In Bruges", he has a minor roll but great nonetheless.

In game of thrones, who is the skinny blond with the punk-rock brother king dude in skinny jeans, they seem out of context with all the dark scowling Stark clan and such. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    i thought you might enjoythis thread

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....wtopic=3204374
    Don't read that if you don't want the future spoiled. There's some people on there who've read the books and are pretending they haven't.

The son and daughter of the Mad King (Targaryen) who was killed by Jamie Lannister (the queen's incestual Brother.)

..... the current king Baratheon has made several references to them in the shown episodes (as in he wants them smooshed).

This show just keeps exceeding my expectations. Loved tonight's episode. It's a bit awkward getting friends to watch it when you have to explain that yes, that is incest (etc) though.

Great episode! Jeez, the jousting scene? Fuck! then the ambush " I'm game if she is" Bloody brilliant!

Could have done without the slurping noises.

Those guys weren't gay in the book. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Could have done without the slurping noises.

Those guys weren't gay in the book. Just saying.
    Yes they were, it just was less out in the open.

As much as I hate Viserys Targaryen, I hope Kahl Drogo finds his way over the sea to kill everyone else. The Dothraki are the only ones worth a shit in that world.

Dude! How about the knight that gets un-horsed and yells out "sword!"

Then does the horse! Holy crap, things are happening, then the scarface dude jumps down to defend the gay jouster...

Yeah the show's getting good and I think it'll get better as more shit starts happening. But Jesus... didn't see that shit with Renly and Loras coming, and I've read the books. Can't believe it never occurred to me that those fuckers were gay. Kindof explains a few things that you learn in the 3rd and 4th books.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    Yeah the show's getting good and I think it'll get better as more shit starts happening. But Jesus... didn't see that shit with Renly and Loras coming, and I've read the books. Can't believe it never occurred to me that those fuckers were gay. Kindof explains a few things that you learn in the 3rd and 4th books.
    I initially missed it too, but then the following was pointed out:
    1. Littlefingers jokes on Renly's clothes budget
    2. Jaime screaming at Loras once "I'll put my sword somewhere even Renly didn't find"
    3. The rainbow knights. I mean really?

the 'hound' vs 'mountain' battle was excellent. 'mountain' is a seriously scary dude. and Peter Dinklage is a really great actor. awesome show.
    crab in my shoe mouth

So far its been great!!! Yea for the Starks it was hard for me to get used to Jon Snow and Robb Stark. In my minds eye I imagined them to be quite different but with the books he was able to take much longer to develop the characters. Having read the books first its like having back round on the characters already sort of mind mapped so that the short comings that arise from a fixed time allotment is not that big of a deal. Ned, Ayra, Stansa and Catherine are pretty spot on IMO. The Imp is probably the most interesting character so far, steals whatever scene he is in!! Pretty much all of the Lannisters are spot on. No complaints with the Hound and the Mountain. In some ways it would have been cool if they had taken a longer time line to covey the story. As I understand the first season is to be made up of 10 episodes and following this time line Some pretty major characters are going to die pretty soon. Not going to say who as not to spoil anyone's fun. A 15 or 18 episode season would have been great because the internal politics between the families is what makes the books so great. I don't want to bash Mark Addy cause he is a great actor but King Robert was this huge man described as being much larger than Ned, thats a small thing that gets to me. I always got the image of a badass Haggard in my head when reading about King Robert.

Thats my 0.02c... Great show, the cool thing is if it gets popular might force George R.R Martin to get the last three published a little faster so that they have material to work with .....

you guys complain about the characters gay slurping and are fine with the breastfeeding of an 8 year old in public. that's a serious priority screwup

i feel sorry for the poor child actor (and yes i don't think (i hope!) it was a real breast). like the american pie guy is the "pie fucker". he will be the "breast feeder" for all eternity....
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.