Page 29 of 110 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Now we know what they saved the cgi budget for
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

All Wall. I enjoyed it but will miss the pretty redhead. I thought the Giants were especially cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Now we know what they saved the cgi budget for
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Are they going to have enough sense to collapse the tunnel now?

I was really hoping for more giant havoc. Toss some people around type shit, the one arrow was cool, but more please.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Are they going to have enough sense to collapse the tunnel now?
    The anti rawj is strong in samwell - he will think of something smart

Or die like 70% of other major characters
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

That was fucking awesome. No one said "John, you have the wall" though.

I can't remember, did they take Riverrun already?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

That was fucking awesome. No one said "John, you have the wall" though.
    They're building up to something here. Next season though.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Have you read the books and are commenting on how they're adapting it to tv or are you just speculating?
    Some of the speculation from the nonreaders earlier on is hilarious.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

So... this is the coolest thing I've seen this week since the episode aired (including today's poorly-officiated Brazil-Croatia game):
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote from article today about finale

"Let’s not mince words: Ye olde poop shall hit ye older fan when Game of Thrones season 4, episode 10 airs on Sunday night. The season finale episode, titled “The Children,” will run a whopping 66 minutes long, and promises to end more than one plotline with a serious bang."

*WARNING*
    Ye semi Cryptic spoiler be below -

That is telling me that major characters that need to perform # 2 should hold it until season five or face the consequences....

http://mobile.hypable.com/all/2014-0...w-and-stills#1

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    So... this is the coolest thing I've seen this week since the episode aired (including today's poorly-officiated Brazil-Croatia game):
    Very cool - "more sousaphone!"

Have you read the books and are commenting on how they're adapting it to tv or are you just speculating?
    Some of the speculation from the nonreaders earlier on is hilarious.
    Read all of the books to date, commenting on how they are adapting it to TV.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Thought it was a damn good finale

I cant wait another god damn 9 months! Such a great show. A little pissed the hound went down the way he did. Tyrion FTW!

Valar morghulis, valar dohaeris.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    A little pissed the hound went down the way he did.
    Aria, ftw, The hound went down with no mercy, as he dealt. Absolutely epic in foreshadowing for a future killer of no conscience.

Fuck that flame ball throwing little chick and the old man in the tree.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

the Pirates of the Caribbean style zombies appearing out of frozen lake was probably overkill.

The kid throwing fireballs... was that just to push sales of some kind of smartphone platform game?

The hound losing to Brienne kinda pissed me off. Umm, you can create dragons and alternative laws of nature but really, in a battle of brute strength Brienne does not win. Make her win by technique or hubris but not by just overpowering the Hound.

Also, did they cut Tysha completely out of the show? Was looking forward to that scene with Jamie and Tyrion. In t he book that cements Tyrions resolve to kill Tyson.

Edit. Very entertaining last episode.

Sent from my VS980 4G using TGR Forums
    Last edited by neufox47; 06-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Fuck Tysha. The complete omission of Coldhands is pissing me off - one of the most interesting characters in that story arc IMHO.

Tysha was hardly mentioned in the TV series, so why bring up a character nobody watching the show will remember?

Brienne beats the Hound because he's sick from his festering bite-injury, I think. She's also a damn good fighter. They didn't make that very clear tho. None of that happened in the books so whatever.

BTW - in the books Jojen Reed doesn't die because Coldhands holds off the wights while the rest of the party enters the cave.

My wife was upset when the dragons got shackled in the dungeon. Poor babies. I'm sure they'll be pissed whenever they get loose.

Thought it was good but not great - leads in nice to Araya and tyrion threads for sure.

Isn't the bran plotline like a full book ahead of everything else?
    Last edited by NoPostholio; 06-16-2014 at 03:51 PM.

At first I thought it was a great episode, and then I started thinking, and kept realizing how much better it could have been.

In the books Coldhands comes across as a character of significant importance, more of which would be revealed later in books 6 and 7. His lack of appearance in the show indicates I was wrong,

Shocking ‘Game Of Thrones’ Finale Concludes With Arrest Of 5 Million Viewers For Piracy

"NEW YORK—Following a critically acclaimed 10-episode run, the HBO series Game Of Thrones capped off its fourth season Sunday night with a shocking finale that concluded with 5 million viewers being taken into police custody for pirating the show online. “Wow, you expect some major shakeups in the final episode of the season, but that part right at the end when the FBI kicked in my door and told me to get on the ground? I did not see that coming at all,” Boston resident Peter Herzfeld said of the surprise season-ending turn, which left millions of die-hard fans of the fantasy series in a state of astonishment and disbelief as they were handcuffed by federal law enforcement officials and charged with violating intellectual property law by using BitTorrent and similar file-sharing services. “The last few minutes of the episode were so intense—one moment the show was proceeding along as normal, and the next I was being shoved into the backseat of a police car and driven to a detainment facility. I just sat there completely stunned for a few minutes, trying to process what had happened. That’s classic Game Of Thrones, though: no one’s safe.” The nation’s incarcerated fans told reporters they could not wait to get out of prison after their five-year sentence and recap the startling conclusion with friends and coworkers."