Page 14 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The Red Wedding? It should be the finale, but I have no idea how they could do it.
    Fucking spoiler alert, eh?

Also, this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/t...ame-of-thrones
    Not quite as funny as GOT on Facebook, but still amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    The chick guarding Bran? she did full frontal a couple of times. Theon fucked her

I think she's strangely hot too
    You know nothing, Diamond Joe.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    The Red Wedding? It should be the finale, but I have no idea how they could do it.
    Tipp....what the fuck? You're better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    The chick guarding Bran? she did full frontal a couple of times. Theon fucked her

I think she's strangely hot too
    You know nothing, Jon Snow. This is Ygritte:

Dammit, PB beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Fucking spoiler alert, eh?

Also, this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/t...ame-of-thrones
    Not quite as funny as GOT on Facebook, but still amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Tipp....what the fuck? You're better than this.
    How the fuck is that a spoiler? It's been discussed before in the thread, and I gave absolutely zero details. Those only watching the show wouldn't have a clue what "Red Wedding" means.

Hugh Conway Guest
    ygritte aka the maid from downton

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    How the fuck is that a spoiler? It's been discussed before in the thread, and I gave absolutely zero details. Those only watching the show wouldn't have a clue what "Red Wedding" means.
    I've only been watching the shows, so now I'm expecting something. Naming it is a lot different than "you know what".

Although my most recent reference was "you-know-what", I actually used the term Red Wedding previously in this thread (although it had less meaning that early in the series), so I deserve some of the heat ......

whew!! Fortunately, this is a thread for nerds, so I can get away with the above......

What are my options for watching the entire series? Up until recently I didn't have premium cable and didn't want to fork out the dough for the DVD collection. Is getting everything on DVD really the only way to do it? I have Comcast On-Demand now but didn't see it in the menus. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? There's like 15 menus with a bunch of sub-menus in that damned thing. If they're charging $4.99/episode or whatever it might be cheaper just to buy the DVDs anyway.

I'd like to start at the beginning and get caught up to the present episodes.

Thanks!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

All the seasons are available on demand. It looks like Season 2 is online for free, not sure for the others, but they are available on demand. I do not have HBO, so I can't tell for sure.

Season 1's not available On Demand.

Is it available anywhere for free? Season 2 is available OD and says "free with subscription." Not sure what that means, but I have 3 mos free HBO right now so maybe I can take advantage of that.

Amazon has it streaming for $29 for the first season but seems kind of a waste to spend $29 to watch it once and I don't have a DVR.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Season one is available online. On my comcast thing, you have the option of watch online or watch on TV. Since I don't have a TV I only watch online. When I go to the comcast page, I click the xfinity folder up on the tool bar in chrome and it gives me a whole bunch of comcast options. I pick watch tv and it takes me here.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/?cid=xfstart_tv

then I type game of thrones into the search bar, and pick it when the results come up

that takes me here

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/G...37214443295112

Then it lists the episodes. Make sure you are in the watch online section.

You should be able to watch online on your tv since you have your neato tv computer thing now.

Thanks for the info! Weird that it's available online from Comcast but not through the TV.
    Last edited by Chainsaw_Willie; 04-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Pod, the stud ....... who knew?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Pod, the stud ....... who knew?!?
    That was funny as shit.

Love the actor they chose for the Blackfish, one of my favorite characters.

That was an awesome episode - Loved it when Tyrion was dragging his chair around - great scene
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Thanks for the info! Weird that it's available online from Comcast but not through the TV.
    Netflix still does dvd's (AMAZING), and they have season 1 & 2. $10 for a month should get you caught up.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

And too bad for you peeps that never read the books (yet) - they seem to have skipped the "reek" era for the show....

They are cutting to the chase on quite a few storylines - the thing that cannot be mentioned might happen sooner than episode ten
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    And too bad for you peeps that never read the books (yet) - they seem to have skipped the "reek" era for the show....
    You sure about that? Remember the book carefully.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Netflix still does dvd's (AMAZING), and they have season 1 & 2. $10 for a month should get you caught up.
    Thanks but I have a HTPC so watched season 1 online and season 2 is available On Demand so haven't had to pay a cent and am halfway through season 2 now. Love this show, they're doing a great job with it though I expected Brienne to be really ugly and she's only unattractive. They should've given that actress a bad nose job and some scraggle-teeth. Danaerys is amazing. I really hope they have more nude scenes with her.

Been awhile since I read the books so there's some stuff going on that I don't remember in the books. How closely does the show follow the print story line in the 2nd season?

SPOILER ALERT, THOUGH CRYPTIC....

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You sure about that? Remember the book carefully.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums
    Well I was guessing it was the bastard that caught him but it seems they are going to skip his whole ordeal of captivity and his digital death (pun intended) and have him end up somewhere else sooner.

I remember that as almost half a book until he got out - and he had a lot of nights sleeping in the dog house - plus I am pretty sure he was bat shit crazy for a while there.

Ok, I've been watching the show for a few months now, and I've finaly catch up with the US diffusion. I didn't read the books (no french translation and there's no way I'm reading thousands of pages of fantasy in faux medieval english...), so my only reference is TV.
    I'm totally hooked, yes, it's really good.

But I'm starting to feel bored by a couple things :
    1/ Does any of those kings bother to actualy governs his kingdom ? Besides expanding their power, fighting for their (herited "by blood") privileges or torturing a few peasants for fun, what the fuck are they good for ? But for Stark at the start of the serie, the thought that a king may have a duty to his people seems totally alien to these degenerates.
    I mean, how many harvest can you burn, how many men can you kill at war, how many village can you destroy before your country sinks into abject poverty and starvation and before your people revolt, chop off your head, burn your castle and start a republic ?

2/ Where are we going ? New characters pop up all the time, old characters get slaughtered randomly and everybody keep fighting. It could go on like this forever (iprovided no one starts a republic, of course), with a few dragons added to the mix.
    The behind the wall story line seems very promising though. I hope it will get some steam, because this all Iron Throne struggle could get old soon.

3/ What's with the sadism ? Ok, we get it : Those were rough times and tough warriors and human life has lesser value then. But do you really need to gut so many people, and to rape every woman in sight ? Not only do I feel that, as the audience, the producers try to appeal to instincts I don't have (I don't mind being grossed out if the story warrants it, but I don't think it's fun), but it shouldn't be a substitute to, you know, character development. Something they can be really good at.

4/ The show badly needs a Ros / Daenerys sex scene, and I don't see that coming anytime soon.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

^^

1 - That's kind of the point. You have Rob Stark fighting for freedom for the Northern lands. You know he'd be a good king, concerned with the welfare of his people, and he's fighting against the Lannisters who are by and large a bunch of self-centered assholes, with the exception of Tyrion who will never get to be king. The king of the Iron Islands is bent on revenge and Stannis is wholly in the throes of the Red Lady. You get the feeling that Danaerys ruling the South and Rob Stark ruling the North would be the best outcome.

2 - Not sure even GRRM knows that. His promises to conclude things in two books seems wildly ambitious. Rest assured that the plot will take a lot more twists and turns before it's over. The books are long and convoluted and not sure if the tv series is even to the halfway point of what's been written so far.

3 - Wouldn't be very true to the characters if they suddenly stopped being brutal assholes, would it? One of the hallmarks of this series is the violence and sex. Definitely not LOtR.

4 - More Dany T&A would be much appreciated. Throw some Shae and Margaery in there and you'd have a winner. Unfortunately, I think you're right.

I think you have to recall that we primarily saw Brienne through Jamie's eyes in the book and Jamie will consider anyone who isn't Cersei as awful. Plus he resents her for being in a position of power over him so does what he can to bring her down. Even he is somewhat attracted to her in the bath scene, although he is shocked by that fact (and obviously hadn't been laid in months).
    I suspect that if Brienne had been described by an omniscient narrator she would have sounded far less hideous - merely large and masculine. That is the pov we get through the show.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    I didn't read the books (no french translation and there's no way I'm reading thousands of pages of fantasy in faux medieval english...), so my only reference is TV.
    All I can say is you're missing out, although I'm sure you already know that, since putting 600-800 pages worth of story into a single season, even on HBO, means much will be left out or glossed over. The books probably have even more violence and sadism, stuff that would never make it on TV, even HBO, but obviously there is way more in-depth character development, even for characters that just play a supporting role in the book. And get used to the wandering plotlines, the books aren't a whole lot better in that regard, although its hard to make final judgements since Martin has said there are still 2 more books he wants to write and even after reading the first 5 books I think it's pretty tough to guess what the endgame will be.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."