Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post

Next snowfall?
    Agreed!!! I am so ready for 2 day work weeks.

^^ I hope those 2 day work weeks are starting this week. I'm free any day for the next 6 months starting Thursday.
    The only moment that matters
    ... Is the next one

BackScratcher pack your shit for 2 nights in a tent, 3 days leaving Thursday a.m. Don't forget to pack your light touring setup. PM me as soon as you can for details.

somebody mentioned in another thread that this year's La Niña profile matches closely the one from 1955 so I made a small chart of the snowfall for that year, plotted against the average for the area. Banff was the only place that had data going that far, and in that year a low-snow october (what we're seeing at the moment) was bumped by above average december, trailing off to below-average march. Not to bring your hopes up too much, but the low snowfall for october is actually offset by nearly 55mm of rain that Banff got for the same month that year. Interesting to see if the pattern will repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    Not to bring your hopes up too much......
    Ahh bollox to it!... It's gonna be huge.... I'm gonna take the whole of Dec off based purely on your little chart!

i can make it bigger if that's of any difference to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Scratcher View Post
    ^^ I hope those 2 day work weeks are starting this week. I'm free any day for the next 6 months starting Thursday.
    I believe it does start this Thursday. Get your skis shined up and grab that stick a Juicy Fruit, cause this year is gonna move ya!

And as T2C said, prep for 3 days, 2 nights starting Thurs...

blowing snow at Norquay, and LL. Nakiska is aiming for Oct30 for opening. LL for Nov5th (maybe sooner) and norquay will be about the same...

bad new: no snow at SSV, and the mnt biking is still great..

Quote Originally Posted by Back Scratcher View Post
    You going to walk, or gobble gobble?

Some great shots there DHR! Seriously up for this season.. La Nina seems to be bringing it!
    www.skilogik.com
    Originally Posted by telemike
    "I'm looking pretty good, don't you think?" -"watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

I can't believe no one has posted a TR from the first ski area to open in the Rockies!!!

Photo from here: http://skihere.ca/

I have skinny skis, but even I am not quite that desperate.

Frozen Thunder 500!

Pretty crazy really.... That snow has been "stored" over the summer and trucked in to open that loop!

Bump for Winter-is-around-the-corner stoke:

In that case, here's some stoke from April in Lethbridge. Testing out the splitboard in the coulees.

Last edited by That was Pontus; 10-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Thanks Pontus..... Fixed it now!

Kootenay Pass...

Life is simple. Go Explore.

they repositioned the camera this year eh? (kootenay pass) it was down most of the summer, glad to see it's back.

Hey Sentinel, wanna head up the Rae? I've been watching the radar all day and I'm sure there's at least 10-15cm of new snowfall.

Quote Originally Posted by repete View Post
    Hey Sentinel, wanna head up the Rae? I've been watching the radar all day and I'm sure there's at least 10-15cm of new snowfall.
    lol...nice.

So it looks like SSV is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. The most "current" photo is actually of yesterday because it's damn near dark out still in Calgary even though the timestamp on the photo is claiming that it's 8:11 in the morning. When the hell did SSV start pulling this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    So it looks like SSV is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. The most "current" photo is actually of yesterday because it's damn near dark out still in Calgary even though the timestamp on the photo is claiming that it's 8:11 in the morning. When the hell did SSV start pulling this crap?
    That makes no sense at all. Snow cover brightens things up considerably, and there was less snow than that on the ground yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    That makes no sense at all. Snow cover brightens things up considerably, and there was less snow than that on the ground yesterday.
    I agree snow cover brightens things up considerably but I checked the louise cam at the same time and it was still dark there. How can it be dark at Louise and Calgary and the sun be up at SSV?

I should have posted a pic of the louise cam at the same time.

No conspiracy. Those web cams have a low light capability. Remember when the cams ran all night and you could see it snowing, people walking around etc?

Louise doesn't have those kind of cams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    No conspiracy. Those web cams have a low light capability. Remember when the cams ran all night and you could see it snowing, people walking around etc?

Louise doesn't have those kind of cams.
    Well, I guess I'll stop getting peeps worked up then. I was nearly sure there was some shifty business going on there

Perhaps is SSV stopped pulling shit like taking temps off the cam in warm weather and putting it back up below freezing people wouldn't be so suspicious of them.