Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I see the new ad on the Highway for Nakiska has a very big October 30 opening date on it....

RCR bull-crap? I know there's still 21 days, and snowmaking can do wonderful things..... but oct 30? really?

They only need one run to open, so it might happen.

Since Louise is not part of RCR any more, the RCR guys have had to do some schedule changes. It used to be that Fernie, Nakiska, etc passholders got to ski at Louise early season until their own hills opened. (Also after they closed.) Since that is no longer an option, RCR seems to be expanding Nakiska's season.

If you recall they kept Nakiska open last season about two weeks longer than usual.

So maybe we'll have the Wiwaxy 500 and the Nakiska Demolition Derby this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post

So maybe we'll have the Wiwaxy 500 and the Nakiska Demolition Derby this season?
    Don't forget that tiny little patch on the beginner chair at Norquay. I think we need a name for that too. Apparently they are shooting for weekends starting Oct 30 as well.

Cascade -shoot?

Cascade carnage ???
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

I remember skiing the gold chair at nakiska super early before the resort opened back in my racing days.

Nakiska has had WC skiers training in October before a bunch of times, as long as it gets cold enough I guess.

not even worth that headache when most likely I could still be riding my bike on empty trails versus elbow to elbow to scrape a couple of turns with gapper central. As stoked as one can be, it can wait until the snow is decent.

Lake Louise Cards are out....... And this year they also include KHMR and Castle!!

$99 with First two days free at LL or KH, all other days $50

From Sobeys, Sport Chek, Sport Mart, AMA, LL website or guest services

Me Likey!

Ooh no blackouts either. May as well grab one since I'll be through Golden at some point this winter.

I see the Snowmax card (KH and Panorama) is gone, so a Louise card is the only way to get a discount at KH. I guess I'll buy one even though I have a Louise pass.

that was a last minute change to jump from the snowmax to the LL card.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Damn, that snowmax card had 4 free days on it. That was like, a whole other 2 free days! Actually though... at 100 bucks a pop, well those 2 free days work out to 50 bucks each, like the rest of them. I can't remember for sure, but I think a single gondola ride to go slackcountry at KH was about 45 last year. Or just squeeze some cute blonde aussi right, down at the taps and borrow her pass in the morning.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    Or just squeeze some cute blonde aussi right, down at the taps
    These don't exist, especially in Golden.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    These don't exist, especially in Golden.
    You're right, of course they don't. They also don't work at the ticket office, nor do they hitch a ride down to town at the end of the day.

You have to bring your own women to Golden...nuff said.

Too bad snow-max is gone, my Alberta buddies have already expressed their displeasure. Not sure if Costco still sells discounted lift tickets for K-Ho?

As for the new card, seems like a pretty good deal, two free days and the rest at $50? I guess one would have to price it out for the number of days skiing versus a season pass.

^^Suits me fine.... works just great with my SSV pass.

Can see how it would not be as popular though if you have a LL or KH pass lined-up.

Dust off your old student cards, from KH facebook:

We have decided that Students don't get enough breaks these days, so we have decided to help out a bit. For the next 3 days Kicking Horse Resort has set up shop in Mac Hall at the University of Calgary and will be selling our Student Seasons pass are the silly cheep Super early bird price. Tell your friends and don't Miss out on this Deal!!!

$479 + tax... BIG BIG deal!!! Regular rate right now is $749! We'll be here at Mac Hall, accross from the Tim Horton's until Friday afternoon!
    Last edited by That was Pontus; 10-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.

That is a good deal, better than the super early bird local pass. Does HST apply as it's being sold in Alberta?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshowers View Post
    That is a good deal, better than the super early bird local pass. Does HST apply as it's being sold in Alberta?
    Not better then the early bird area A student pass though
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    Dust off your old student cards, from KH facebook:

We have decided that Students don't get enough breaks these days, so we have decided to help out a bit. For the next 3 days Kicking Horse Resort has set up shop in Mac Hall at the University of Calgary and will be selling our Student Seasons pass are the silly cheep Super early bird price. Tell your friends and don't Miss out on this Deal!!!

$479 + tax... BIG BIG deal!!! Regular rate right now is $749! We'll be here at Mac Hall, accross from the Tim Horton's until Friday afternoon!
    Fuck!! Does some short bald student who looks like me want to buy one for me at said rate and I'll re-imburse + a couple of cases of beer?

Originally Posted by Gripen
    These don't exist, especially in Golden

Oh really ??? do you remember these 3? and all their friendz?
    If not your a gay recluse that needs to get out more!

We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

damaged goods!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Not better then the early bird area A student pass though
    I didn't even realize that there was a student pass this year. Mind you it's been a while since I was last in university. Almost makes it worth it to register in some program, get the required documents, get said area a student pass and then drop said program and go ski for cheap!