Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    There is a lot of area to tour in even if the hill is open. The lifts are just a quick way to get back and te end of the day.

what's up with the lake louise lowdown blog? coming back this year or not? it was a great resource for learning about the mountains there

Anyone up for the Rae glacier pilgrimage on Monday when everyone else is back in the office? from the looks of Nakiska it has has been cold up high, could be pow turns..

I was at the Rae yesterday. I would leave the car earlier than we did (9am) and that would help matters. It was a stellar day yesterday so the snow turned to slop rather quickly. Good start to the season though, the landscape is getting smoother.

On the way out we came across a large group of boarders (8?) and then a second group of skiers(4?). Afternoon shift was in full effect.

Was at Rae on Friday. Could not see shit but snow quality was superb! Radar this morning is showing rain but if it turns to snow I'll be heading out there Wednesday or Thursday.

I guess it was your tracks I saw on Saturday then.

I might be up for the Rae on Tuesday if anyone else can make it, haven't been out there before - is is a hike up or do you skin it?

Looks like snow is forecast for tonight and tomorrow... a delicious taste of winter in September

Forecasting for 22cm tommorrow through tommorrow night at 2500, if anyone is up for an early Tuesday mission PM me. I'm back from work for the week. Hey J, do Tuesday instead, will probably be better quality than waiting for freezing levels to rise and the sun to come out on Wednesday.

Drove through 2 big snow storms on the way through Grance Cache today.

It's absolutely hammering down heavy rain in the mountains tonight as I type this with freezing levels @2650 tonight +5 @ Bow Summit as I came through heavy rain.

Rae freezing levels down to 1550 Monday night going to 2350 Tuesday afternoon. The bench on the upper glacier of Rae is about 2650.

Quote Originally Posted by carl2782 View Post
    I might be up for the Rae on Tuesday if anyone else can make it, haven't been out there before - is is a hike up or do you skin it?
    Changes constantly in October. 2 years ago mid October within the span of about a week and a half we went from bootpacking in ski boots, to skinning, and then back to hiking to the top in hiking boots. Last year we managed to skin in right from the parking lot on Oct. 5th? Given that it's September expecting to hike in at least to the top of the morraines would be a good bet.

Sentinel check your email!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkler View Post
    I guess it was your tracks I saw on Saturday then.
    There was myself and partner, and 4 others came up after. Not sure how high they got but we stopped about 50 meters below the schrund/headwall.

As T2C said, Tuesday will be the day. It looks like Indian Summer is going to arrive later this week.

Oh well, time for some more biking and camping before the ski season begins for good.

Anyone else going to be at Louise this season? I missed the deadline for the KH mid-week deal, so will have to do a Louise pass and cards for KH and Whistler again this season.

i'll be at louise more often than ssv, although mostly on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    As T2C said, Tuesday will be the day. It looks like Indian Summer is going to arrive later this week.

Oh well, time for some more biking and camping before the ski season begins for good.

Anyone else going to be at Louise this season? I missed the deadline for the KH mid-week deal, so will have to do a Louise pass and cards for KH and Whistler again this season.
    I was just looking at Big 3 passes again. I'm up in the air between a SSV pass, and Big 3 pass. Not sure that I want to write off Louise this season and have not explored the slack country there much at all. Good thing I have a couple more weeks to decide before the sales end.

So....anyone for Rae tommorrow? Looks like the best option right now. Pm me if interested.

Was pretty heavy rain/snow/slop mix on the TCH from Sibbald Creek exit to Canmore tonight.... Hwy 40 area was looking pretty wintery.

It's really coming down in Banff. Probably about 5-10cm of wet glop and deciduous trees are snapping all over the place.

Just been looking at the photos alot of my friends have tagged me in to make me jealous and I've got to say Banff looks good for Sept 21st haha! Enjoy!

Roads west of Canmore are a mess (police advising non-snow tires to get off the roads..ha, ha!).... Canmore-Calgary just wet.

5cm's of sloppy wet heavy stuff on the car this morning.

Sunshine summit cam looking quite nice.... but of course they've switched the rest back off again!

It was nuking at Sunshine. About 30 mm of precip yesterday.

http://www.environment.alberta.ca/ap...StationID=SUNS

Little Elbow station is reporting about 13 mm.

there was a big lineup of cars and trucks going east this morning, seems to have cleared now. love the whiteness

edit: ssv top without the clouds, for posterity.

hey i was at the rae friday, good stuff, im off tuesday its the morning pm if your up for a ski

^ should have checked up a few posts last night I was looking for some one to head out with today.

So...my bets are on Sunshine pulling the webcams off line again if the snow melts off. Or perhaps even leaving it as is and pulling the date info off.

Transcanada was blocked by a truck crash at the bridge construction work for a few hours, traffic (other than trucks) was being diverted onto the 1A..

And now the sun is coming out, be a nice morning at Rae I suspect...

*bump* No reports from anyone who went to try and make some turns yesterday?