Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    I challange ya'll to make the first rockies TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    If you say so
    TR September 9th CDN Rockies - Teton Gravity Research Forums

bwahahaha....weren't expecting that were you?
    Fark that was a quick wilco!....Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    sounds like huckin eh might have some couch surfers in Golden .
    Maybe I'll just put the place in Golden up for rent since we will be laughing our way thru the deep stuff in Fernie while all these folk try and squeeze value out of their KH passes as they stand in line for the gondy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Anyone know for sure where the good snow is going to be?
    Yes!
    Last edited by Huckin eh?; 09-12-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: engrish
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Between backscratcher, T2C, sentiel, 2stix and his possie, well, couch surfing might become couch sharing.
    Shoulda got da RCR super pass people !!!
    coz its all about Fernie !!! (this season) and Lake Losy in April.
    Lets see how this drunken quote pans/fans out. but don't tell anyone!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

I wonder if the snow line is below highwood pass yet?

Not yet. I was there yesterday, traces in the parking lot. Snowline starts maybe 200 meters up

Link to a working SSV webcam.... From the hotel looking at the new Strawberry terminal.

Just in case you're bored at work like me!

i'm really annoyed that SSV turns off their cameras in the summer. the one atop the continental divide rarely works. i managed to find two unannounced cams though, one pointing at the new strawberry construction, the other at the bottom of the gondola. the former catches a bit of the continental divide face, so it'll be a good indicator for snow levels until they turn on all the other cams.

http://216.171.232.182/skicam/mobotix/current.jpg
    http://216.171.232.182/skicam/mobotix/current3.jpg

i'm really annoyed that SSV turns off their cameras in the summer
    What was even more annoying was when they took the temps off of their cams when it started staying above 0 for a bit....then it went back to sub 0 temps and low and behold, it came up again. Does the person not realize people notice that shit? lol

Shoulda got da RCR super pass people
    Apparantly they don't really want uneducated ski bum climber types that don't give a fuck about career down at the spoonge bank lol (j/k). I hear that shit pays well. Other than that RCR passport might be an option if I get enough work between now and the end of October. I'm on a 3 weeker now. Doubt it though, rather put the difference in and head for a road trip to the coast for some stuff....also want to check out Red.

I picked up a roof rack for my Jetta today, I think I might stay in Edmonton for another month or so then head to Canmore for winter.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    What was even more annoying was when they took the temps off of their cams when it started staying above 0 for a bit....then it went back to sub 0 temps and low and behold, it came up again. Does the person not realize people notice that shit? lol
    Hello- Sunshine doesn't care about the consumer... why do you think they lie thru their teeth on there snow reports. Furthermore I don't even know of a resort that overcharges their product to SSV's extint. LL use too, but thanks to Charlie getting back at least there product to price ratio is somewhat reasonable.

^ they can do whatever they want because come saturday morning there are still going to be 5000 cars lining up for the 2000 parking spots at the gondola base. LL is too far and Fortress is too closed for SSV to have a second thought about charging their customers up the wazoo

Quote Originally Posted by 2stix View Post
    A late night suggestion,
    a day of discussion and number crunching
    a quick phone call
    and the wife, me and my 6 yr old have got passes at KH this year!
    Woot Woot Thank you super early sale!
    Gonna kick ass skiing with my partner I lost for 6 years as she had our kids and was raising them so I could go skiing. Sweet to have her back and now a kid to join us! First season pass in 7 seasons. Sooo Stoked! C U out there!
    You've done you and your family a great service and of coarse will be slipping away from the family now and then for a lap or two...

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Hello- Sunshine doesn't care about the consumer... why do you think they lie thru their teeth on there snow reports. Furthermore I don't even know of a resort that overcharges their product to SSV's extint. LL use too, but thanks to Charlie getting back at least there product to price ratio is somewhat reasonable.
    I don't really think their snow reports are that off if you take in to account wind stripping off certain areas and loading up others ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    You've done you and your family a great service and of coarse will be slipping away from the family now and then for a lap or two...
    You know damn rights!!! Woot Woot!!!
    Man, It was great...

liking the look of that webcam and the view out of my window :-)

village area looking nice and white.... should help things cool down nicely.

change of subject: any ideas where i can get some decent seasoned firewood around here?

Will probably cut my own in the spring, but right now i have a fireplace, no wood and it's cold and snowy out...

make a game of it and see how much wood you can cut in the park before you get caught. Just tell them you're releasing carbon back into the atmoshpere that has been locked up for a hundred years.

Aren't there a lot of trees around canmore? just go out and cut a few.

The only reason I say this is all my wood is cut, split, and dried in the woodroom in the basement.

Just wanted to say hi everyone, been a lurker on here for a while - I'm sure I'll know a couple of you Banff people, looking forward to the season!

Got my Big 3 pass sorted already, see you at the hill!

i'm sure there's a way to turn this into a motivational poster somehow.

Fortress mountain on the way back?? http://bit.ly/8YxnT5

There have been a ton of trees cut down during the urban forest renewal within Banff over the last couple years and its up for grabs. Check out the area around Porcupine Place or along the river. At Porcupine Place the wood is bucked, but not split and along the its not bucked so bring chainsaw.

Or

Grab a firewood permit from the SRD office in Canmore, drive out to Waiporous and buck up a some blow down. The cost is $15 and there's tonnes of it past the Ghost Airstrip campground along the fringes of the cutblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    liking the look of that webcam and the view out of my window :-)

village area looking nice and white.... should help things cool down nicely.

change of subject: any ideas where i can get some decent seasoned firewood around here?

Will probably cut my own in the spring, but right now i have a fireplace, no wood and it's cold and snowy out...

Quote Originally Posted by powslut View Post
    There have been a ton of trees cut down during the urban forest renewal within Banff over the last couple years and its up for grabs. Check out the area around Porcupine Place or along the river. At Porcupine Place the wood is bucked, but not split and along the its not bucked so bring chainsaw.

Or

Grab a firewood permit from the SRD office in Canmore, drive out to Waiporous and buck up a some blow down. The cost is $15 and there's tonnes of it past the Ghost Airstrip campground along the fringes of the cutblocks.
    Thanks for the info..... sounds better than the Burnco option

looking like I may need to pick up a chainsaw before spring....

Do you think SSV read TGR??

Well the webcams are back at least: http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/webcams.php

^ they do read tgr

i know this sounds self-important, but they started turning off the cameras after the little time-lapse stunt i pulled for a year and a half, then they wanted to be youtube friends

Top of the divide still encouraging even late in the day!

Anyone been to Highwood recently? I may go for a poke around tomorrow afternoon after work and see whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    ^ they do read tgr
    indeed they do. the cam facing the new strawberry has been removed/replaced with a still image as of this morning.

hi SSV, check back often, this thread is going to be epic in a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Fortress mountain on the way back?? http://bit.ly/8YxnT5
    I'm torn as to whether or not I'm happy about this. On the one hand, it would be nice to have another mountain open, but on the other hand, it was very nice to be able to tour up there and have the slopes mostly to yourself.

I'll be interested to see if anything comes of this.