Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Trip report from September and October here
    [ame="http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204349"]TR: The beginning....September / October - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

so I should just stay down south, and keep biking for a while yet?

Well....I am folding on tommorrow as it's fricken purgatory up here at the moment. The only place it seems to go right now is on another really loong mission, and the forecast is kind of shit for vis for that sort of thing. Hopefully that answers your question.

....looks like Sunshine got a good hit of snow last night....maybe they can start the packing process..

new camera up at louise. direct link:

http://cams.skilouise.com/cams/cam5.jpg

now that the light is out, it looks like everything got blown away at ssv, and louise didn't get much.

30cms last 24hrs at the Horse. Patrol is doing their first scouting missions today.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    40 cms at Fernie. http://www.invermere.com
    for a video of it.
    If he had really big balls he would go for another ski on the Bear today and post a video of that.
    I think his little Mexican girlfriend has hit the road back to Mexico
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    30cms last 24hrs at the Horse. Patrol is doing their first scouting missions today.
    Scouting? Is that code for bootpacking?
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    Scouting? Is that code for bootpacking?
    Not yet, but soon. I'll post some pics when that happens.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    If he had really big balls he would go for another ski on the Bear today and post a video of that.
    I think his little Mexican girlfriend has hit the road back to Mexico
    to funny! Freaking november is a tease, snow is so close but so far away! I guess every day without snow is a gift from the bike gods!

The messages are doing the rounds that the Wiwaxy 500 is on for Friday......

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    The messages are doing the rounds that the Wiwaxy 500 is on for Friday......
    Yep, it's on their website. Start your engines.....

However it's Wednesday and they haven't yet joined the white dots...... The WROD may be a bit thin!..... It could be a full-contact UFC 500!

Edit: OK they've just about joined the dots!

25cm at Bow Lake parking lot today. The catch 22 there is the alpine was wind hammered to sastrugi.

I seem to have missed the super-early-season.

Weak.

Hopefully we have a November like last year! Some boys already got out on the sleds. Bring it on!

anyone free this week for a mission this week, just returning from work up north and keen to get out. hope theres some good stuff in the forecast

Umm....also if any one happens to be heading for Mt. Gordon, I forgot my ice axe on the top....beer reward. It's a really really light ice axe

^^Ouch!

Does anyone have any insight on the Kicking Horse forecast opening date?...... About to book an Avi course, but want to avoid conflict if possible..... Although if I do pick that day it will be epic for everyone else!

Also, a little mag advice required... I've never skinned/toured before.... I now have the ski's, will soon have the skins..... Where's a good place to go and have a play and get used to the gear?..... Would love to hook up with some of you guys, but want to be at least a little practiced beforehand.

Otherwise the skin flailing in the wind and stuck to my face could be a little embarrasing!

Also, a little mag advice required... I've never skinned/toured before.... I now have the ski's, will soon have the skins..... Where's a good place to go and have a play and get used to the gear?..... Would love to hook up with some of you guys, but want to be at least a little practiced beforehand.
    bow summit parking lot. just take the paved trail to peyto lake past the barrier. you can even make a few turns down if you take the left at the lake and go a little bit higher. very little danger there.

Burstall Pass right near the parking lot has a beacon basin. Also the flats around there would be good for tromping around getting a feel for the gear. If you want really light turns with no avy hazard to muck around in then across the street at Chester lake you can ski the trees from the lake back to the parking lot. Really low angle but avy safe...probably will be a while before they are skiable though....

Does anyone have any insight on the Kicking Horse forecast opening date?...... About to book an Avi course, but want to avoid conflict if possible..... Although if I do pick that day it will be epic for everyone else!
    Officially December 10th but if the snow is there and bootpacking/avy control allows could be a sneak-peek weekend or two.

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    bow summit parking lot. just take the paved trail to peyto lake past the barrier. you can even make a few turns down if you take the left at the lake and go a little bit higher. very little danger there.
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Burstall Pass right near the parking lot has a beacon basin. Also the flats around there would be good for tromping around getting a feel for the gear. If you want really light turns with no avy hazard to muck around in then across the street at Chester lake you can ski the trees from the lake back to the parking lot. Really low angle but avy safe...probably will be a while before they are skiable though....

Thanks guys.... yeah, just somewhere to tromp around, any downhill turns a bonus.... Will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Officially December 10th but if the snow is there and bootpacking/avy control allows could be a sneak-peek weekend or two.
    Cheers.....