Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2738
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    please tell me your not seriously considering Kimberley ???
    you obviously don't want to ride pow next season ...

Its all about kicking the horse ...
    Dood, you know that where you live has nothing to do with where you have to ride.

I'm used to driving 15,000 km a ski season, so Kimberley to KH is just another easy day trip.

What I'm also saying is that if I could afford to buy a place in Golden, I would, but I can't. Same goes for Whistler.

^^^ Kimberly to KH is probably easier than Canmore to KH, so if memory serves and that's where you live now, you're actually better off.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

If things work out, a pass for Red & White, in which case I'll have to hang out in the other thread. If not, Fernie or Castle I suspect.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Eldo is (was) living in Calgary, Kimberly to KH is 2:50, 1:30 to Fernie, probably took 2:30 to LL from NE Calgary, over 3 to Golden, or longer if there was new snow.

I was just having a joke ... poorly
    Kimberley isn't a bad place to live and the town has a great vibe,
    better than many ski towns I've been to.
    And the drive to KH is all valley bottom so very little chance of road closure.
    Its close to Cranhole and wallfart etc etc.
    I see your point, most ski towns need far too much $$$ to get in the housing market or its an appartment or a trailer.

but seriously, 2:50 from Kimberley to KH ??? 236km or 2:30 on drive BC, or 2:10 for most Canadians me thunks ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

hey look I'm drinking and posting shit ...

Keep in mind, the last 2 years KH have had many saturday powder days,
    yes the gondi cue was painfull,
    but first gondi, a few inbound laps and an epic days touring is always worth it.
    is the new lift under constrcution yet?
    most people who get the mid week end up buying a few day tickets on satdys.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Golden can be affordable if you look out of town a bit. But this also depends on what is affordable for you and what you want for a dwelling/land. In town, for 60k you can easily get a trailer. In addition, if it's your primary residence you'll save huge on taxes with the homeowners grant.

anyone hit(ting) up Highwood? or are we not supposed to talk about that...

^don't forget your rubber boots and rain gear, FL @2500--2600 metres 3c overnight low @ 2500

Should be skiable right from the highway this year. If the weather ever gets better it will be worth heading up there.

Weather is even crappy here in the Okanagan right now. Hoping it improves for some lift serviced turns at Grouse and/or Mt. Washington this weekend.

Any news on Sunshine possible opening for Canada Day?

SSV is NOT opening for CND day
    http://www.skibanff.com/archive/no-canada-day-skiing
    nothing says you can't go touring that day however..

What's with all the smoke?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Not to worry, operation Time2clmbistan phase 1.... it will all be better soon.

Anyone been out recently? Looks like still plenty of snow up high.

I did some days of lift serviced at Mt Washington and Whistler last week and still mucho snow on the left coast.

canada day had fresh to valley bottom and 15 of wintery on vulture col, failed attempt on balfour, any takers on joffre or quadra? 403 953 0137

Figured its much to early for the 2011/2012 stoke and roll call thread. Just moved to Canmore. I have done a bit of slack country and a few days in rogers. Im strong downhill but new on the up hill. Anyways i have my ast 1 and would love to get to know the touring areas around canmore ( and rogers too! ) So if anyone if up to show a young guy how its done( areas and avy shtuff) , let me know! Im up for anything. I want dem turns

damit, al gore and your stupid global warmings.

Quote Originally Posted by skian_ View Post
    sweet photos , i just got your msg the other day , but if you're going back out , pm me , got give me a shout 2508267154

My friends and I will be in the rockies for a ski/road trip next february, I love the Banff area, I would love to do some touring but everybody tells me to skip it and move on to Rogers pass for the touring and to Kickinghorse for the skiing. What would you suggest me?
    Beside taking english lessions?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    My friends and I will be in the rockies for a ski/road trip next february, I love the Banff area, I would love to do some touring but everybody tells me to skip it and move on to Rogers pass for the touring and to Kickinghorse for the skiing. What would you suggest me?
    Beside taking english lessions?
    Thanks
    Of course watch for snow but generally yes plus add Revie to KH and go for the best snow.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Of course watch for snow but generally yes plus add Revie to KH and go for the best snow.
    If you would have only one mountain to ski while in the Banff area, what would that be? ( back country)

There is some absolutely phenomenal back country skiing close to Banff...some stuff i'd put up against anything the others have to offer. However there is one huge problem.... Snowpack! KH and Rogers, you can normally get on stuff there that you (I) wouldn't really want to touch here until spring time.

The only options as far as resorts to access back country in Banff / Lake Louise are Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Forget Norquay...you will be wasting your time. Sunshine has some good stuff but you have to know where to go and the stuff that is just outside of the rope is not worth it really...you need to go a bit further and hunt around. I'd bet before you find anything good you will be done the Banff part of your trip so I would not recommend Sunshine for back country unless you are with some one that knows the area very well, and the snowpack is ok at the time. I'm not very familiar with the Lake Louise slack country....looks like there's good stuff but see below.

Kicking Horse is the titties for slack country and has all sorts of stuff very close by. The place is fucking sick. Rogers Pass is one of my favorite places...the terrain will make you feel small.

Since you are coming in Febuary, IF Delerium Dive at Sunshine Village is not open...then I would skip SSV all together and head for the Icefields Parkway to tour...the place is fucking amazing. Drop me a message before you come out and I can make more specific suggestion for the Parkway. I know the place like the front of my hand and spend alot of days there so usually have a pretty good handle on what the snow is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Figured its much to early for the 2011/2012 stoke and roll call thread. Just moved to Canmore. I have done a bit of slack country and a few days in rogers. Im strong downhill but new on the up hill. Anyways i have my ast 1 and would love to get to know the touring areas around canmore ( and rogers too! ) So if anyone if up to show a young guy how its done( areas and avy shtuff) , let me know! Im up for anything. I want dem turns
    Let's touch base before the season starts. ...season starts in September lol. I'll be doing a work rotation this year until December, however from x-mas onwards typically until end of May i'll be skiing. I have some weeks off in Sept, Oct, Nov also.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    There is some absolutely phenomenal back country skiing close to Banff...some stuff i'd put up against anything the others have to offer. However there is one huge problem.... Snowpack! KH and Rogers, you can normally get on stuff there that you (I) wouldn't really want to touch here until spring time.

The only options as far as resorts to access back country in Banff / Lake Louise are Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Forget Norquay...you will be wasting your time. Sunshine has some good stuff but you have to know where to go and the stuff that is just outside of the rope is not worth it really...you need to go a bit further and hunt around. I'd bet before you find anything good you will be done the Banff part of your trip so I would not recommend Sunshine for back country unless you are with some one that knows the area very well, and the snowpack is ok at the time. I'm not very familiar with the Lake Louise slack country....looks like there's good stuff but see below.

Kicking Horse is the titties for slack country and has all sorts of stuff very close by. The place is fucking sick. Rogers Pass is one of my favorite places...the terrain will make you feel small.

Since you are coming in Febuary, IF Delerium Dive at Sunshine Village is not open...then I would skip SSV all together and head for the Icefields Parkway to tour...the place is fucking amazing. Drop me a message before you come out and I can make more specific suggestion for the Parkway. I know the place like the front of my hand and spend alot of days there so usually have a pretty good handle on what the snow is doing.
    Thank you very much for your reply, I will send you PM, before we head your way, may be we can even do a couple of runs together.