Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2738
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yup, maybe a bit later, and my wife is getting a rub down from your wife at 2:45....
    Pics or it didn't happen
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Crash Stoke

Going back to Sweden tomorrow... But have my return ticket booked r
    Looking for the next turn..

Have a good summer!

What exactly do Swedes do during summer? Sit in their back yards and drink beer, like most Canucks?

Anyone out skiing today? At what elevation is there still winter snow on north-facing slopes?

If there's anyone hitting any cool lines over the next while and doesn't mind another tag along throw me a PM.

Of interest, Stanley, Lefroy, Vic, Columbia (multi day) a crap load of couloirs etc. Have lots in mind.

Hah, yeah pretty similar. But I make more money doing shit jobs back home than I would here in Canada.
    And after 10 months of traveling some down time will be nice
    Looking for the next turn..

Well...today was the first really shitty snow quality day I have had this season, not too shabby. We need snow.

...and the wind can fuck off while it's snowing?

Anyone recommend anywhere near-ish Fernie (couple of hours?) with fun touring newbie type terrain? My experience is low, and my housemate has only been out once, but we're pretty keen to keep skiing - skinning up the ski hill feels like we might be missing cooler opportunities (but is the safest, easiest place to access).

Still looks like winter at the Snake gun at FAR anyway, but it was a little slushy and heavy coming down

Has anyone skied Louise in the past few days? How are conditions and coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Has anyone skied Louise in the past few days? How are conditions and coverage?
    Coverage is great, true north facing stuff in the slackcountry was winter-ish yesterday and everything else really depended on the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    Anyone recommend anywhere near-ish Fernie (couple of hours?) with fun touring newbie type terrain? My experience is low, and my housemate has only been out once, but we're pretty keen to keep skiing - skinning up the ski hill feels like we might be missing cooler opportunities (but is the safest, easiest place to access).
    I was considering heading on out to Waterton this weekend to do some more poking around, if I'm not working. Don't know if that's to far for you guys. Can't comment on snow quality, haven't been there recently, however there were a couple of big dumps between my last outing so shouldn't be cutting grass yet.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Today definately made up for yesterday. Raining off and on in Banff area...maybe it's going to nuke?!

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Today definately made up for yesterday. Raining off and on in Banff area...maybe it's going to nuke?!
    Where u headed? Rob and I are going out tomorrow, just waiting to hear back from sentinel how your day was today. If touring is good we will go early, if not we will do the free thing at LL
    Man, It was great...

^^ We're still trying to figure out where to go tomorrow... Early start for sure but what region still remains to be seen. I'll call either you or Rob around 7ish.

Was it any of you guys who did the Goatseye Eye this afternoon? (above SSV carpark)

raining in the valley today.... reports of fresh snow up high, damn mothers day tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    Was it any of you guys who did the Goatseye Eye this afternoon? (above SSV carpark)
    Yup, it was super fun. Thigh high pinwheels were pretty entertaining as well. We started really late, but managed to have a couple hundred meters of fun schmo-y turns. I got my head stuck in the snow after one particularly energetic isothermal faceplant.

and puking again in banff. Odds are it will warm up a few degrees, and then be rain for the rest of the day....

Wow it's accumulating really quick.

T2C: coffee this afternoon?

^heading to LL with P in a few minutes, wanna come with?

Just got back from the Lake. Winter skiing all over again. 10-15cm on the backside and puking all day! thanks Charlie for the free skiing!!

I was at Louise on Saturday, coverage and conditions were really good. Heck the $7 burger and beer combo was worth the drive up from Calgary. Despite the long cold winter we had, it's always kind of sad when the resorts close for the season.

got turned away at the base (big pinnacle) of the grand daddy (or whatever the name is) couloir early sunday morning. too much sluffing/cornice chunks rocketing down/rockfall etc. the fan was super fast dust on crust (we booted it on the way up), watch out for debris/chunks though.

conditions in the couloir looked very good.

Skiing is still going strong. Kicking Horse is still good down to the base.

As an aside if anyone is itching to ride the bike around Golden, Mtn Shadows are all open, 5k is good and the CBT mainline is almost good up to the beaver pond, rakers still have some time to go. All have been cleared but the rakers.

The Golden Cycling club continues to build more trails this year (Certainty Mine Trail, Barking Dog (arrowhead to cedar snag connector) two loops near the bottom of CBT close to town and an easy trail on the W of the Columbia).

Buy a membership at a local bike shop for $40 (gives you deals at bike shops and cheaper ski hill passes) as the committees giving grants look at the number of people in the organization. Last year there was almost 60% increase in memberships and in turn the club received some grants to build new trails.
    Last edited by goldenshowers; 05-10-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: checked some member numbers