Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2738
    Quote Originally Posted by go_up View Post

The Andrew Wexler one is from them skiing the face not the Funnel, but it is referenced from the bootpack pic. The blog one is of them skiing a different couloir, "hidden chute", not the Funnel and the other one isn't it either. The acrobat reader link has a good write up on it with 1 pic of some one skiing it. Cool links otherwise though, going to bookmark them thanks.

There are a few different coolies on Bow Peak, the "Hidden Chute" one if that's the real name is the one that seems to get the most (very little) action.

Hidden Chute...I don't even know if that is the real name just what it was referenced as on a youtube slideshow by some one that i'm sure is "in the know".

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post
    I bailed on today with higher hopes for Monday or latter.
    Didn't seem like there was too many Mags out today.....

Sorry to say, but the Dive was fucking sweetness! Opened 12-3, Knee to thigh deep, Mainline and Bre-x, then they closed it to bomb Galaxy/Cream while they had the visability.... Only a handfull of people and everyone playing nice, some taking advantage of the fluff to hit a few drops.... Will try out my newbie video-editing-on-a-shit-laptop out later.

Galaxy didn't open and only a few tracks on Fat-boy, snow will be good in there if you get in as soon as the gate opens.....

Otherwise rest of the hill got hammered, very little fresh left, was nice once the temps rose a little.... Sun/Mon looking good for now.... Tomorrow going to teach my slowboarder missus to ski!

^ohhhh good to hear, I would have much rather skied the dust on crust i'm a 60 year old tele skier with 70's gear terrain that I did today instead of nice steep knee to thigh deep powder. It was nice though....the scenery up there rocks.

^^Lol!

Fecking GoPro Fecking Lens-Fog Fecking bright sun...... Feck! Whole day is washed out.... I even opened the unit to try and get rid of it and equalize the air/temp, but that didn't work either.... Feck!

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    So.....any mags got any plans to ski this thing?? It's called "the Funnel of Death" Might want to staple your sphincter closed for this one. Try not to stare up at the mega cornices too much on the way up, it might make your sphincter quite. Bit of a flush factor on that one eh. Pure GNAR. I'd love to see some pics of some one skiing it if anyone knows of any floating around out there.

went for it a couple yrs ago. cold in canmore. got there in the dark and it was warm and isothermic. i believe it was first skied by Andrew Bullock and Frank Labelle(Frank the tank in Andrew Wexlers blog), possibly with John Walsh. its gotta be one of the most aesthetic lines in the rockies. that blog post is awesome. thet're still missing a few but the waterman and funnel of death are at the top of my list. i've skied the y couloir and northface on stanley. i think the right day it might be possible to ski tnf,watermann and y in one day. reuse the bootpack on tnf for all 3 . close to 10g's of vert with 6 of it 45+ degrees

The Horse was skiing like mid-winter today. Even skied some inbounds south facing stuff inbounds without too much crust!

Stayed -10 to -15 all day in the alpine and the snow was super dry and soft. Boot to thigh deep turns all day inbounds. We tried to nail some north facing lines on T3 north but backed out due uncomfortable wind loading and did T2.5. Smooth, deep turns all the way to the valley. The runout was skiing better then it has in weeks! Wooohoooo!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Ramsey - good to hear...sounds like u had some great turns
    I will be up at SSV tomorrow.

Potential mag meet up at Standish a 9am +15mins
    Beer at 3pm at Trappers if interested.
    Would say a table outside but it should be dumping.

P.S. Thread reached 100 pages - not too shabby.

Regarding the meet up ....will take all comers...all levels.

Anyone get a sitski in the dive????
    Might be a team goal.....just sayin'.

I will be out in a sitski on Sunday, and will even have an avy beacon so if around 4-6 maggots want to help carry me down the stairs I am in.

^ not quite sure yet where we will end up but will keep an eye out for you if we come to SSV and will be sure to have our gear if we do.

*conditions around 93N in the "Bow Zone"...watch the alpine, some cracking starting around skis and slab forming up...along with some easy clean results in the upper storm snow. Snowing nicely, south stuff dust on crusty, north stuff is really nice and will be even better with the new snow. Alpine is getting wind fucked with lots of snow transport and moderate winds...the weather stations for the avy reports must be below treeline or some thing??? Very wintery...welcome back winter even if you did quash our plans you still made up for it with some nice turns.
    Last edited by time2clmb; 04-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.

I swear to fuck their stupid weather wind thingy must be broken at Bow Summit or some thing.

We'll be up at Sunshine tomorrow (Sunday April 17), both skiing Mantras with Dynafits, middle aged geeks in green, if anyone has change we'd love to get shown around.

Friday at Kicking Horse, wow. Many cm of new, filled in nicely and skied like a dream. Got first tracks in lots of stuff, especially Superbowl. What a fun mtn, esp with our friend who is local and knows the shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    We'll be up at Sunshine tomorrow (Sunday April 17), both skiing Mantras with Dynafits, middle aged geeks in green, if anyone has change we'd love to get shown around.

Friday at Kicking Horse, wow. Many cm of new, filled in nicely and skied like a dream. Got first tracks in lots of stuff, especially Superbowl. What a fun mtn, esp with our friend who is local and knows the shortcuts.
    I'll probably be up tomorrow. I'm approaching middle aged, and am definitely a geek. Red jacket, brown pants, black helmet. Will likely be on Dynastar XXL's and will be skiing with mntlion if I can drag him up to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    i think the right day it might be possible to ski tnf,watermann and y in one day. reuse the bootpack on tnf for all 3 . close to 10g's of vert with 6 of it 45+ degrees
    that would be a huge day. you would want to camp on the glacier bench (avy? i'm sure there's a spot that would be reasonable) rather than the treed knoll. at least i would, cause i'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    The Andrew Wexler one is from them skiing the face not the Funnel, but it is referenced from the bootpack pic. The blog one is of them skiing a different couloir, "hidden chute", not the Funnel and the other one isn't it either. The acrobat reader link has a good write up on it with 1 pic of some one skiing it. Cool links otherwise though, going to bookmark them thanks.

There are a few different coolies on Bow Peak, the "Hidden Chute" one if that's the real name is the one that seems to get the most (very little) action.
    ohhh, now that i actually look at the photo, you're right. i had a quick look at it and presumed it was the same one i always stare at when i go by. i don't think i've spotted the actual funnel of death, only hidden. that slideshow is stellar btw.

birdwood smuts tour on saturday was fun. no views, but fun. run from snow peak/birdwood col down the drainage was really really nice. knee deep? little wee bit of a crust going down to commonwealth creek, but pretty good still. lots and lots of dry snow in that area, and tons of stuff worth skiing in commonwealth creek.

Surprise Pass was surprisingly good today.

It snowed all day at the horse!
    many people out touring,
    and it wa good !!!

It still winter here and will be for a while yet ... maybe ?

The drunken shit show will be posted shortly ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

and -14 'C in banff this AM.

Sounds like everyone got some nice turns in this weekend. Anyone else get out to the Lake? Friday was stellar, great snow and backside opened more or less wall to wall. Skies were blue most of the day and I think I managed to get a lap down almost everything on the back. With the sun and warm temps fri, Sat was kinda crusty til it warmed up late morning and low ceiling and snow made for the typicall backside skiing by brail

Was upper ER5 open on Friday? I was there Sunday showing some friends around but 5 was closed. I think someone mentioned in this thread that patrol is keeping it closed weekends to avoid too much carnage.

Such great snow coverage now. With the base there is barely a cornice at the entrance to H gulley on WH2.

It was open just below the rock band, best lines were accessed from fallen angel (??). Wasn't really paying much attention when they set off a bomb near the top while I was on the chair....scared the shit outta me! not much of a reaction, patrol opened it around 10am. Probly the best laps of the day were in there.

And yes, it closed again on saturday.

Ski free at lake louise this spring

http://www.skilouise.com/news-and-in...bonus_week.php

Ski Free During Lake Louise “Bonus Week”

The Lake Louise Ski AreaMonday April 18, 2011 - Thanks to incredible snow conditions, the Lake Louise Ski Area is pleased to announce that it will remain open for an extra bonus week from Monday May 2 to Sunday May 8.

To help celebrate this year’s “never-ending winter”, Lake Louise has also created a myriad of season-ending special offers for our final week of winter operations, including several ways to ski or ride for free.

During the Lake Louise Bonus Week (May 2-8), Lake Louise will offer free skiing and riding to the following groups:

1. All 2010-2011 season pass holders, from any North American ski resort.
    2. All children 12 years of age and under.
    3. All Lake Louise 2011-2012 “Early-Bird” season pass holders. If you are contemplating purchasing a Lake Louise season pass for next year, buy it now, save 30%, and ski for free during our bonus week.

“We’ve had an epic snow year at Lake Louise and conditions are just too good to shut down on our scheduled date of May 1,” confirms Lake Louise Marketing Director John Ross. “To help celebrate this year’s excellent conditions, we’re staying open an extra week and inviting die-hard skiers and riders from across North American to come out for one more week of great skiing in the Rocky Mountains. We’re very proud of Lake Louise’s conditions and are happy to show it off during our bonus week.”

In addition to free skiing for all North American ski resort season pass holders and kids 12 and under, Lake Louise is also pleased to provide the following additional offers for the bonus week (May 2-8).

1. All discount ski card holders, from any North American ski resort, can save $25.95 and ski for just $50, plus gst.
    2. If you have a current 2010-2011 Lake Louise or Big 3 season pass, you can purchase a lift ticket for a friend for just $50, plus gst.
    3. The Lake Louise Food and Beverage department will provide a season ending “Burger & Bonus Beer” special for only $7.
    4. The Lake Louise Ski School will also provide free “Learn-To-Ski/Ride“ lessons for all children 12 and under.

"District and Stevo from Banff will be coming out to present the Garden Gnome Showdown on Saturday, May 7 and the Rude Boys will shut it down with the Season Ender Bender on Sunday, May 8,” said Ross. “The Lake Louise Bonus Week should prove to be an excellent wrap-up to a stellar season.”

*In order to prepare for our summer sightseeing operation which begins May 14, please be advised that the Glacier Quad Chair will not be in operation from May 2-8.

^ sweet, am going to take advantage of that and poke around the slack country there a bit me thinks.

My mid winter seasonal ban of K-Calgarian-country has officially been lifted today. Sweetness.

Took a look at Tryst through the magnification spectacles and it looks totally shit trashed. The place has been over run, but better to keep every one in a couple spots anyways lol.