Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

blu ray release date?

any word on if the blu ray versions of light the wick and deeper are moving up or are we still looking at october?
    Carry on my wayward son...

I would also like to know...

230+ views and no response?
    Last edited by huckster989; 09-16-2010 at 08:52 PM.

did they just get bumped out further? I forgot which but one movie says oct 21st and the other oct 31st. whats the deal?

Deeper Blu-Ray is shipping on Oct. 21st and Light The Wick Blu-Ray is shipping on Oct. 31st.

its 10/11/10, is light the wick and deeper shipping?

^^^^ Bump... Whats the deal?
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

SD LTW will ship October 25th now. Sorry about the delay. We have had some technical issues that have screwed our timeline. Deeper is shipping though.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Holy crap if the BluRay release dates are pushed back any further the snow in the spring might be melted by the time we get them.

Seriously though the way you wrote that the LTW BluRay will ship November 18th or later makes me think that it will be pushed back even further.

When I originally ordered both Deeper and LTW I figured I could wait the extra week for deeper to ship when LTW came in. But now I am hoping that you will ship Deeper separately because it seems so unlikely that LTW will even ship on Nov 18.

when will LTW appear on itunes? when all the discs are shipped or can I expect it to be uploaded by next weekend.

LTW. November 18th..... More than a month in delay? WTF

There better be stickers and candy in that package if its that delayed
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Now LTW BR release is TBD... ggrrreeeaaatt. How is this film going to get me stoked for the season, when the season will already be here by the time I see it?

Maybe I will cancel my order and wait for the torrent. Probably a shorter wait.
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah.. just got this:
    Dear TGR Customer,

WE WANT TO THANK YOU FOR BEING A LOYAL TGR FAN AND SUPPORTER. Your support and enthusiasm are what inspire us to keep pushing action sports to the next level and to continue to make top quality films. Unfortunately, I need to notify you that there have been delays in the shipping of Deeper on Blu-ray and Light the Wick on DVD and 3D Blu-ray. Our most up to the minute estimated shipping dates are:

Deeper Blu-ray – November 24th
    Light the Wick DVD – November 8th
    Light the Wick 3D Blu-ray – TBD

We know these delays are inconvenient and we are working hard to get these DVD’s out as fast as we can so you can enjoy them. We appreciate your patience. We promise to continue to put forth the effort to create cutting edge products and a premium customer experience with TGR.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email them to us at customerservice@tetongravity.com.

Our goal is to make your experience the best possible.

Sincerely,

Steve Jones
    Co-Founder – Teton Gravity Research LLC
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On another note, just got this from MSP:
    The day has finally come - all "The Way I See It" DVDs and Blu Rays have hit the MSP warehouse - we are shipping right now!! If you placed a pre-order, your order is on the way and you will have it soon. If you have not placed an order for "The Way I See it", now is the time! All your shopping needs are here:
    I'll have one of my two pre orders soon, which is cool at least.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

I was wondering whether or not if Deeper BR is released on the 24th it will be shipped separately since LTW BR is now in who the hell knows when it will be released. When I ordered them together I only expected them to be released a week or so apart so I was willing to wait. But now that it could be a month plus I dont want to wait for you guys to figure out how to make a Blu Ray while my deeper disc is sitting in your warehouse.

I switched to the DVD version just to get them in time but that did not pan out, customer service at TGR was excellent though and they even offered to split some shipping costs with me to get them to me ASAP. It does seem weird that a company that is based around selling DVDs would have a hard time getting a release date nailed down. and some stickers and what not in the packages would go a long way especially for people who pre-ordered back in the summer

Great, I could have downloaded on Itunes instead of waiting for the disk. I guess we know where the priority lies....and that is NOT with the pre-order folks.
    He called the shit poop!

Now that we are half way to the Deeper Blu Ray release date I have a few questions...Is it still on time? Is it going to be pushed back and is it ever going to be released?

I don't want any more answers like "there are unforeseen difficulties." I am tired of that crap. Tell me what is wrong not just some BS to hold off answering any real questions. It is wrong to keep everybody in the dark when something is delayed indefinitely. This is by far the worst customer service in the industry that I have ever come across. It really feels like you are hiding something because of what it would mean for your reputation.

Well now that I am done with that rant I can tell you that I am ready to never buy a TGR product again and recommend that my friends never buy your products ever. You guys are a nightmare because of your blatant secrecy. It is not even like Deeper has any 3D so that should be easy but I guess it is too complicated for TGR.

Kinda pissed. Figure the shit out soon. Kinda thinking about canceling my order with ASV and just getting something that might actually contribute to stoke rather than taking it away.

Weak sauce.

Seriously.
    Gravity. It's the law.

allo allo TGR... what about the LTW blue ray, actually will it ever happen?

<<PAGING TGR420>>

LTW BR update is needed. Please let us know when to expect the movie.
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Deeper finally shipped, which is good, but I'm bummed I didn't get some rebate on shipping or something. I'm looking through the extras and I'm pissed that the box lists things that aren't on the disk. I might be blind, but "Top Ten Jeremy Jones TGR Segments of All Time" is nowhere to be found on the disk. Of all the extras, that was the one I was really wanting to have on this disk... seriously, after waiting so long, you forgot to put it on there?
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by Spyplane View Post
    I might be blind, but "Top Ten Jeremy Jones TGR Segments of All Time" is nowhere to be found on the disk. Of all the extras, that was the one I was really wanting to have on this disk... seriously, after waiting so long, you forgot to put it on there?
    Seriously. I'm pretty disappointed. I would have bought the movie without it but the fact that it was advertised on the back made me that much more stoked.

Deeper proper was sick though. A little jittery on my Blu-Ray player/TV - has anyone else noticed that? Could have just been my BR/TV, but I've watched movies with plenty of action as well as smooth panning shots and didn't encounter these problems.

Just got this:
    TGR Customer,

We appreciate your loyalty and patience as you await your copy of Light the Wick on 3D Blu-Ray. At this time we do not have a confirmed shipping date set for this film due to some technical difficulties, but we can tell you that it will not ship in time for the Christmas holiday. We wanted to offer you two alternatives to help alleviate the issues associated with this wait. The two options are below: (please choose one)

1) As a thank you for being a loyal and very patient TGR fan, we would like to offer you a free download of Light the Wick from TGR Digital Downloads. Please contact TGR customer service (contact information below) to receive a promotional code. We will also still ship your Light the Wick 3D Blu-Ray as soon as it is available.

2) If you do not want the digital download, we would be happy to provide you with the alternative of switching your order to the Standard DVD, which is currently available. We will cancel your order for the 3D Blu-Ray and will refund you the difference in the SD versus 3D Blu-Ray pricing. If you would prefer to do this please call or email our customer service department who would be happy to assist you.

TGR customer service can be reached at customerservice@tetongravity.com or by calling 307-734-8192 Monday through Friday from 10am to 3pm MT. Please include your contact information and order number in your email so we can better assist you.

Updated shipping information will be posted on our website and be sent to you in an email as soon as it is available. Please keep checking www.tetongravity.com for more details.

Thank you for your support and have a great winter!

Sincerely,
    Steve Jones
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

^^^ I'm in the same boat got this email today waiting for my LTW BR. I already saw the movie and I'm honestly not impressed. I had high expectations for TGR this year but as usual the MSP flick totally blows it out of the water IMO. Sorry TGR I just want my $ back.