Sled Dogs snowskates - These look like a blast!

I just scored a pair of Sled Dogs from the Salvation Army. They look like a blast! The website says that they sold out of all models last year. Have any of you tried these? Here's a picture of mine. They need a good tune-up, but still look like they'll be fun.

Here's a video from the website:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg7Hus2r9Lg&feature=email"]YouTube- Sled Dogs... You have to see this[/nomedia]

You lucky bastard!!! They sold out of all models and yet somehow you managed to score a pair at the Salvation Army?

I'm sure you and your fruit boots will be the envy of all on the sledding hill this year...
    The Sheriff is near!

those are a super fun gaper day toy. reallllly unstable but fun in that sketchy sorta way....watch out for soft snow because you will faceplant IMMEDIATELY.
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

those wold be fun for bumper dragging like when you were a kid.
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Are those rockered or just an early rise toe?
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Just an early rise toe b0ardski.

those would be perfect for closing day at any resort
    Carry on my wayward son...

I had something like that when I was a child back in the early 90s. It made for some hilariousness attempting some drops back behind the old mill on about 6 inches of mashed potatoes. Unless you're really centered and fluid, you just eat incredible Jackass-style shit. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by teletripper View Post
    those wold be fun for bumper dragging like when you were a kid.
    ...when you were a kid??? Why did you stop skitchin'?

Definite score.

These are great for straightlining ice and way more fun than snowlerblades. I tried these during highschool ski club in upstate ny when sled dogs were having a demo at my home mountain. The place was so damn flat but with these everything seemed scary as shit. Rollerblading on snow. Make sure to hit up the park and use them for pond skimming if your mountain has one.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Two words:

Halfpipe.

That infomercial was produced by none other than Greg Stump. No joke. You can sense his music/editing style if you are familiar with his films.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I had a pair back when I was in middle school. They may still be in my parent's attic somewhere. They are fun in a super sketchy and extremely lame sort of way. You really can't use them on anything but hardpack. They'll be a hit on gaper day and those one or two other days when everyone is unusually intoxicated and tear-assing around the mountain like a bunch of assholes.

I remember watching an infomercial for them back in the late 90's. Some guy way sleddoggin' it through snow covered streets getting chased by dogs. There were also bikini girls.

skibootin' is a ton of fun, but you will probably be more sore the next day than after the hardest beating you take on skis all season. success comes to those who can keep themselves from putting their hands out in front of them when they face plant.

I prefer these "bad boys" from Kneissl:

Those are Sooooo Cooool!