Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F#@! Nordica!

Thumbs down F#@! Nordica!

I love my Nordica Beast boots.

I saw some TR12s... AT boots... but Nordica doesn't list the weight. So I wrote them to ask the weight of the boots, after several nonanswers the Nordica info person inally responded:

"We [Nordica] are trying to avoid handing out information to people looking to buy used second-hand product off the internet or other forums. -Sara"

A simple quesiton... how much do your AT boots weigh... "We aren't telling you!"

Clearly Nordica is a company that only stands behind their products while they are on a store shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

you work for a shop right?

i've had very positive interactions with their NH office. call them, be nice, tell them you are a shop employee, and they will answer your question. i mean, how could they not? thats crazy. get them on the phone.

We don't sell those Nordicas at our shop.
    Last edited by Summit; 11-17-2004 at 01:45 PM.

I don't know how much they weight but they ski like shit. Good snowboard boot however.

oops. want me to call them for you?

My dealings with Nordica were quite positive.

Out of curriosity, why are you so concerned with the weight of a boot?

Finally, Foggy's right...these boots ski like absolute shit. They're softer than boobs. But maybe weight is your priority?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    "We [Nordica] are trying to avoid handing out information to people looking to buy used second-hand product off the internet or other forums. -Sara"
    Wow, God forbid I try to sell any used ski equipment I don't need anymore.

They sound like the RIAA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    They're softer than boobs.
    basom moves to nominate this phrase for all usages in describing the softness or stiffness of any type of ski gear. May this phrase be accepted nation wide. amen.

Apparently this has become an issue with shops vs. internet dealers. Local shops are getting pissed about people trying on boots then going home and ordering from TP or someone. Many are now putting pressure on manufacturers to get boot sales back into shops.

BTW, anyone got any Garmont G-rides in a 27.5?

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    basom moves to nominate this phrase for all usages in describing the softness or stiffness of any type of ski gear. May this phrase be accepted nation wide. amen.
    I second this.

I laughed hard when i read that.

I love The Rev.
    you sketchy character, you

AD: Exactly! That attitude is BS especially in the ski world where 2nd hand is the only way a lot of people are able to afford equipment.

On the side discussion: Yea weight is the #1 factor here. I know they are soft but they are soooo comfy to walk in. They'd be boots for lojng approaches and less demanding terrain (maybe stiffen some with powers straps). I have my G-Rides or when I need a good AT boot. If you can find out for me, that would be cool (size 26.5).

The problem is that stiffness is on a continum. You'd have to come up with a scale that goes from Grandma's belt draggers to Serena Williams' WMDs.

Also you'd have to factor in the temperature.

Dude, take my word for it: Don't buy them. They are too soft to ski pretty much anything, even with booster's. Get some Denalis--having owned both, the weight isn't that different. If it makes a difference, do a few extra sets at the gym instead of buying a pair of turds. You won't be able to ski 'em.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I had a similar issue when I approached them to help with an engineering project last year. Took forever to finally get a hold of someone in the office, and then when I did finally meet to talk to someone I felt like I was in an interrogation. Finally decided to walk across the street, and volkl/tecnica hooked me up nicely.

Best part was the sexretary was seriously hot. I didnt mind stopping by much.

oaky foggy, good point, we can pass an amendment that will ligitimze most qualifying statements.

pocket rockes are softer than boobs, while pistols are softer than fake boobs that have started to toughen a little bit. adding specifics will be accepted in almost all cases. we can leave it up to the ref and the comissioner to police.

If it makes a difference, do a few extra sets at the gym instead of buying a pair of turds. You won't be able to ski 'em.
    When skiing turds, the softness must also be taken into consideration.

Dude, take my word for it: Don't buy them. They are too soft to ski pretty much anything, even with booster's. Get some Denalis--having owned both, the weight isn't that different. If it makes a difference, do a few extra sets at the gym instead of buying a pair of turds. You won't be able to ski 'em.
    Advice appreciated... like I said... I have Garmont G-Rides for real skiing.
    These boots would be only for the longest trecks in for easy skiing (for me, I'd be shooting the real stuff).

The other use I thought for them (and probably the primary use) would be as my winter heavy duty boots (SAR).

Also... at price of $75 it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Advice appreciated... like I said... I have Garmont G-Rides for real skiing.
    These boots would be only for the longest trecks in for easy skiing (for me, I'd be shooting the real stuff).

The other use I thought for them (and probably the primary use) would be as my winter heavy duty boots (SAR).

Also... at price of $75 it would be worth it.
    Werd. Just know that I bought them at $75 on pro form, too, but they definitely weren't worth it.

just talked to a friendly customer service lady in lebanon. she said that in a 28.5 they are 4.5 lbs per boot. she then asked me why i was asking and if i had sent an email. i told them no, i work in a shop in the area. she said 'thats wierd, we just got an email asking that same question' she also mentioned that they are softer than her boobs, and are nice to snuggle up against.

just talked to a friendly customer service lady in lebanon. she said that in a 28.5 they are 4.5 lbs per boot. she then asked me why i was asking and if i had sent an email. i told them no, i work in a shop in the area. she said 'thats wierd, we just got an email asking that same question' she also mentioned that they are softer than her boobs, and are nice to snuggle up against.
    So, from the above, which is true:

a) Lebonese boobs = soft and snuggly
    b) TR 12's = not worth their weight in turds
    c) 4.5 lbs per boot = soft and snuggly
    d) Basom = Lebonese boob

That's it, I'm getting a pair. Of the boots, I mean. Theoretically I already have a pair of boobs to snuggle up against, but the snuggle-on-demand thing seals the deal for me. If I were to demand to snuggle up against the real boobs in the family I don't thiink I would ever see, let alone snuggle against, them ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    When skiing turds, the softness must also be taken into consideration.
    As must the temperature...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    Grandma's belt draggers
    I move that this phrase be stricken from the record and that my mind then be washed out with acid to reduce the possibility of ever remembering it.

all joking aside, and i do find it very funny, and don't mean to deter it. because i really think its great. like gold.

but i did actually call nordica hq, because i wanted to help out summit. and i was quoted the wieght as stated.

also, its is obvious to some that i am a lebonese boosom