Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2035
    Quote Originally Posted by stoepstyle View Post
    Did a little touring out of Yodelin but on the north side of the highway. Just awesome. Definitely played it safe but what we did get was great.
    That's been my go to spot this year. Snow was great on saturday, but went up yesterday and it was not so awesome. heavy on heavier. Your tracks on the ridge lookers left of the gulley? Didn't think it would be good there saturday due to sun on friday.

picture form last year.

Here's a video from some random skier I saw one day a Mission Ridge showcasing some of our spicier terrain. I don't think he's local I met him last week with the back mount on.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....26737&comments
    If someone knows how to embed from facebook, I'd like a tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    That's been my go to spot this year. Snow was great on saturday, but went up yesterday and it was not so awesome. heavy on heavier. Your tracks on the ridge lookers left of the gulley? Didn't think it would be good there saturday due to sun on friday.
    Not sure exactly what area that picture is taken from, but we were lookers left of a gully. Started skinning right from that road that has a few cabins on it (I think its called Stevens road, across where they have the overflow parking for Stevens) and generally headed left. Sorry, this was our first time in the area so I am not that familiar.

Brundage mountain Idaho is getting hit with some goods right now. 8in and counting....can't wait to wake up and see what the totals are. Tomorrow will be awesome. Goodnight.

i wish i was at baker right now...

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    Dude, I've thought that like 20 times this winter. The difference in snow totals this year between Baker and everywhere else (especially Snoqualmie) is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Dude, I've thought that like 20 times this winter. The difference in snow totals this year between Baker and everywhere else (especially Snoqualmie) is huge.
    Baker has been amazing last few weeks have been off the wall
    STOKED!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    it was everything you daydreamed of, and more. ta-tas deep and just cold enough. it was well worth the wait for 6 to open.

also, the debris pile from monday's slide was sobering. Ran all the way down the gulley and ended about the same elevation as the bottom of 8. there were 10-15 ft walls on either side of the glacial river of snow that had to be 20ft deep in places. talk about a terrain trap...
    Last edited by key-z; 03-16-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    "snowboarding can be playing but to me it's more like living"
    -craig kelly

Quote Originally Posted by key-z View Post
    also, the debris pile from monday's slide was sobering. Ran all the way down the gulley and ended about the same elevation as the bottom of 8. there were 10-15 ft walls on either side of the glacial river of snow that had to be 20ft deep in places. talk about a terrain trap...
    I'm still hoping to see photos of the insanity ... would you say bigger, smaller, or same as Valentines 99? Or would you say, who fucking cares a herd of wooly mammoths woulda been crushed like ants down there?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Today Stevens was....ok.

IT WAS SO DEEEEPPPPP TODAY. The deepest day of my life, kinda heavy but an awesome day for hucking.

Video from last Sunday at Mission.

I had a final at 8am.

Made it to baker by 1040am.

Chair 6 opened at 1050am.

Here is some proof of greatness:

Holy shit so good!
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I'm still hoping to see photos of the insanity ... would you say bigger, smaller, or same as Valentines 99? Or would you say, who fucking cares a herd of wooly mammoths woulda been crushed like ants down there?
    I was up there today with the KeyZee. Only saw pictures of the Valentine's Day slide, but this one would have made major crushos on any and all creatures in its path.

^^^^^^^^^^
    That picture = stoke.

Nice.
    I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD_2505 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    That picture = stoke.
    Nice.
    i like your ATDI sig. "10,000 cola-notes, wrapped in brown paper"

good shit

Quote Originally Posted by jman22 View Post
    i would like permission to reproduce your pic for the purposes of my tgr avatar. let me know...
    "snowboarding can be playing but to me it's more like living"
    -craig kelly

Hope the snow keeps coming for the next couple weeks...

Looks like I need to get more pacific more north and more west....

But despite the heavy snow today (and closed steeps) there were some fun stashes to be had.

Yesterday was such a sleeper day at Alpental. I waited in line for exactly 0 seconds all morning. Had untracked on Gunmount at 10:30. Had untracked at the bottom of shot six at 11:30. unbelievable!

^^^
    Thought I saw you at Breakover while riding up C2.
    Alpental had a good vibe going yesterday, today promises to deliver the same.

^^^
    Yeah, we were exactly 1/2 a lap off kilter. I saw you two zip by on three different occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I asked around to see if anyone had really taken a good look at it, but the visibility has been low for the last few days, so the most anyone had seen was the debris field, which was described as massive. The one person I know who actually witnessed the valentines day slide from chair 8 said he hasn't been up to see this one yet. I couldn't see anything from the top of 5 yesterday. So from second hand info, the answer is maybe. Either way, it's a miracle nobody was caught in it.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    So from second hand info, the answer is maybe. Either way, it's a miracle nobody was caught in it.
    See Gunder's last post in the "Massive ShuSKan Arm Slide" (sic)

(edit) He said the debris field was bigger than 98-99 ... including some signs of old growth in the debris field! And he was there to see the 98-99 debris as well

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Here's some pics I took today. Pretty flat light, but you get the idea.
    This is a first, so hopefully it works

The gunsight shoots are center (looks like it might have started up there and spread to the whole football fields valley area).

Another.

What was once rumble alley. It was 20-30ft deeper, and you could see where it was filled up and then scraped away leaving 10ft sheer walls into the debris flow.

The end of the debris field which is about the same altitude as the bottom of chair 8. (Where we're standing is the out from the sidecountry back to the lift).