Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2035
    Plenty of snow lift-served in Green Valley at Crystal.
    Shots from Otto Bahn on
    Sat 6/25

and Sun 6/26

They'll be open Sat-Mon for the 4th of July weekend.
    Good runs when you get them.

Black Peak in the bag. Tr to come. I'm wiped out and have a fair amount of video and pictures to go through first.

ETA: Favorite shot from the trip.

Last edited by Chainsaw_Willie; 06-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Anyone interested in getting out this weekend and want to put up with me tagging along? I was thinking of going to sunrise and then maybe doing a lift serve day if crystal is still running, anyone know about that?

Check Crystal's website. I'm pretty sure they're operating the entire holiday weekend.

I have plans for this weekend already or I'd drag you up somewhere. Been wanting to hit Chinook Pass now that it's open.

On a different note: Here's a short, unedited video of me skiing from near the summit of Black Peak on Sunday:

..and of Chris making some nice turns above Lewis Lake

...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

^^^ Nice - love the dog following. I'm up at Baker again this weekend - probably camp somewhere on a forset road. Last weekend was great and looking forward to more of the same this weekend!
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Whoa.

People were skiing that line a couple of months ago.

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing...?topic=20622.0

Some of those rocks are the size of my house . . .

erosion happens

Sounds like there's between 20 and 50 feet of snow up at the Artist Point parking lot.

Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

people have been skiing the Nisqually more recently than that too.... pretty chilling to think about the possibility (however remote) of the entire mountain falling down on you while you're on a line.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Sounds like there's between 20 and 50 feet of snow up at the Artist Point parking lot.

Looks like there might be a little less traffic around Artist Point this summer, article here

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Check Crystal's website. I'm pretty sure they're operating the entire holiday weekend.

I have plans for this weekend already or I'd drag you up somewhere. Been wanting to hit Chinook Pass now that it's open.

On a different note: Here's a short, unedited video of me skiing from near the summit of Black Peak on Sunday:

..and of Chris making some nice turns above Lewis Lake

So you are gonna take cracks at Eckels for posting a video, then you're gonna post this worthless bullshit? Some shitty "skiing", that does nothing well except to show how scared the skier is of going down the hill.... not edited and not even trimmed up? Stop being the stereotypical TGR ethug asshole for a second, if you could. Sure there is a lot of "extra crap" in that snowtroopers vid, but maybe you should be more effective and send an email or something with that criticism.

On that note, don't watch this video, it's too long, boring, depicts a season of horrible NW riding from 10/11, has crappy music, features tons of crap "filler" shots, full of spam, highlights no first descents, full of lines you've all skied, but I feel it's necessary to post in this PNW 2010 thread cause everyone else posts their craptastic videos.

Quote Originally Posted by koots View Post
    So you are gonna take cracks at Eckels for posting a video, then you're gonna post this worthless bullshit? Some shitty "skiing", that does nothing well except to show how scared the skier is of going down the hill.... not edited and not even trimmed up? Stop being the stereotypical TGR ethug asshole for a second, if you could. Sure there is a lot of "extra crap" in that snowtroopers vid, but maybe you should be more effective and send an email or something with that criticism.
    I'll freely admit it's not the best skiing in the world nor the best video, but at least it has some relevance to skiing in the PNW. What Eckels posted is nothing but a 2:15 advertisement for some stupid website software...??? What does that have to do with skiing at all, why did he feel the need to post an advertisement in this thread, and why do you care so much?

Quote Originally Posted by koots View Post
    On that note, don't watch this video, it's too long, boring, depicts a season of horrible NW riding from 10/11, has crappy music, features tons of crap "filler" shots, full of spam, highlights no first descents, full of lines you've all skied, but I feel it's necessary to post in this PNW 2010 thread cause everyone else posts their craptastic videos.

Now that's a cool video. Why are you so butthurt?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanPete81 View Post
    Looks like there might be a little less traffic around Artist Point this summer, article here
    I was looking at the wsdot site for ferry times, and I saw that they aren't going to plow through to artist point at all this year. The visitor center is as far as they will go.

With all the snow still left out there, isn't anyone else still skiing?

From Mt. Baker, the volcano not the ski area:

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post

Whoa.
    Sitting at Camp Muir on Friday we watched a HUGE chunk similar to that in the vid break loose. Then yesterday from the upper Ingraham you could see the source area and it looked like another big ass chunk was ready to cut loose pretty soon. When we left Muir early afternoon it was just getting warmed up again.

Rainier is in the middle of taking a big shit. It will be interesting to see how that part of the mountain has changed when it's all done with the dump.

PS hey willie. Looks like you guys were on the easton maybe.

Can you drive to the TH yet? Or still some snow on the road?

Think the skiing down low will still be good in a week or so?

I climber Rainier yesterday and it was impressive to see how much more rock and debris had fallen off between friday afternoon and saturday afternoon.

I have pictures of the tatoosh and sunrise areas, maybe a few others. Once I look through the pictures I'll put them up here.

I think Ill be at crystal tomorrow or skiing with my parents at sunrise. Anyone want to meet up at crystal?

With all the snow still left out there, isn't anyone else still skiing?
    "Do you do drugs Danny?"
    "Every day"
    "Good"
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

that is shredding at its finest. on par with skijunky's vids.

on another note, don't be so serious. chainsaw's a good dude.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post

that is shredding at its finest. on par with skijunky's vids.

on another note, don't be so serious. chainsaw's a good dude.
    Seconded on both points. Karter's movie reminds me of how amazing this winter was.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    "Do you do drugs Danny?"
    "Every day"
    "Good"
    Does a fish breathe under water?

14 days in june and 2 more this month. I'm loving. Who needs ski partners this coming tuesday and wednesday? Chinook, snoqualmie, teanaway,. etc

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    PS hey willie. Looks like you guys were on the easton maybe.

Can you drive to the TH yet? Or still some snow on the road?

Think the skiing down low will still be good in a week or so?
    Close - we went up the Squak. Made it to about 9K before we finally gave up due to no visibility and a strong, steady wind. Probably 25-30 mph sustained. The mt. had a lenticular cap over it and once you got below that there was plenty of visibility.

It's still close to 1/2 mi. hike in to the Schreibers Meadow trailhead where the snow is still 2-3ft deep, so yeah, even with the coming warm weather I'm betting there'll be plenty of snow for at least another two weeks.

I'm planning to try again on the 17th if the weather's clear. Maybe sooner if Randy (skier in the pics) can get a day off during the week. We'll go up the Easton this time, there were a couple good sized crevasses on the route we took.

Z-bo, Dromond - thanks.

Will, sorry to hear you guys got pea souped. We went E to the Entiats for 3 days. Had a couple very nice tours, worth the long ass carry. Andy fucked up his eye Friday so couldn't join us. Long story.

Double tapped Dege Peak just off the switch back at Sunrise (Mt. Rainier for you non PNW folks)
    on Saturday with a healty crew of mags...

In attendance, Mofro261, Greydon Clark, Seatown Slacky, Scotsman50, PNWbrit, Graham and -h-...

Here's one of Mofro killing it in the main gut