Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2035
    Sweet!

The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    Baker was quite awesome today. We drove up expecting a few new inches, but found quite a few more than that.

(older photo, but what the hell)
    This pillow was ridden hard and put away wet today....I still can't believe how good the snow was first thing this morning, or how fun the sun baked snow actually was in the afternoon.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Am I good or what?

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    I'm predicting huge powder dumps in the PNW (and particularly at Baker) towards the end of March and also some very nice mid to late April dumps of surprising quality and quantity.
    Spring skiing? Blah! Winter ain't over yet. Plenty of time for spring skiing in June and July.
    I guess I called this pretty accurately back in mid-March
    Last edited by AweShuksan; 04-29-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Fix May to March

Quote Originally Posted by AweShuksan View Post
    I guess I called this pretty accurately back in mid-May
    You mean mid-march? It's OK, we all get our months mixed up every once in awhile.

He means last May... he's THAT good

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    There will be no freshies. It did warm up a decent amount.

Does anyone really think that untracked snow in a ski resort can last a whole day unskied? Lift closures aside. This is 2011 in the land of fat, rockered powder skis.

Anyhow it could still be pretty good on the north faces.
    It happens all the time where I have my pass. I've skied untracked inbounds up to a week after a storm. Sometimes I'll pass on hike to terrain midweek because I know it'll be good tomorrow or the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    He means last May... he's THAT good
    LOL! I wish!

Be careful on those North aspects...did some after work laps up at Hurricane and found that despite warm temps in the day the N facing stuff was still really light and dry. The bummer being that there was absolutely zero bonding to the crust and we were able to kick and cut some significant, fast running slides on terrain that wasn't much more than 30 degrees. FYI.

Edit to add:

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    This picture confuses my eyes. It's like FIS meets Escher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    There will be no freshies. It did warm up a decent amount.

Does anyone really think that untracked snow in a ski resort can last a whole day unskied? Lift closures aside. This is 2011 in the land of fat, rockered powder skis.

Anyhow it could still be pretty good on the north faces.
    When Southback opens up there will be some there. I don't know if Northway is closed for the season but if it opens that would be good. Most everything inbounds yesterday was chewed up by noon both North and South facing. There were a lot of skiers for a Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    It happens all the time where I have my pass. I've skied untracked inbounds up to a week after a storm. Sometimes I'll pass on hike to terrain midweek because I know it'll be good tomorrow or the next day.
    Well I hope you do enjoy it Being off of many people's ski-radar must help a lot. Areas with good terrain under a 2 hour's drive from a major city don't stand much of a chance in that respect.

I've been to a few out of the way resorts that get shredded surprisingly fast, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWski View Post
    I don't know if Northway is closed for the season but if it opens that would be good.
    Northway is closed for the season. Forest Queen (maybe High C too) set to be open again next weekend, then after that it'll be the Gondy, Rex and Green Valley.
    Good runs when you get them.

doughboyshredder Guest
    boyne blows tequila covered chunks threw their nostrils

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    boyne blows tequila covered chunks threw their nostrils
    boyne blows dog balls slathered in peanut butter

Crystal actually was good on Friday. The wind reset the snow in places and it was light and dry and nobody was there. We went to White Pass on Saturday and skied the tree areas on the front side and had untracked boot deep powder the whole morning. We went and toured off Hogback ridge in the backcountry and skied 4 different bowls and had the area all to ourselves. I will definitely go back there again
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Crystal actually was good on Friday. The wind reset the snow in places and it was light and dry and nobody was there. We went to White Pass on Saturday and skied the tree areas on the front side and had untracked boot deep powder the whole morning. We went and toured off Hogback ridge in the backcountry and skied 4 different bowls and had the area all to ourselves. I will definitely go back there again
    Yeah, I was surprised at how good WP was on Saturday. I probably skied right next to you at some point in those tree areas. I was wearing an olive green HH down jacket and some khaki pants, skiing on Hellbents. Sunday wasn't nearly as good. The pow turned into crap, but the corn made the day fun.

You were one of the 5 or so of us. I had a red Mammut coat and tan pants on. Good stuff for sure

Check out this guy at Mission Ridge. This is the first season I and my ski partners have seen him here. He's kind of a wing nut.

Well that dude is ballsy as fuck.

I like that funky Doc Ock back pack view.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post
    Well that dude is ballsy as fuck.
    Yeah, people I know who have skied here since they opened in the late '60s have never seen some of those lines skied.

vn good work

There are a lot of hidden rocks under those lines. I had a buddy a few years ago that had to get heli evacuated from MR after landing on some rocks in that area. He shattered his hip and almost got paralyzed.

Know that guy...
    Amazing recovery all things considered.

Just about every line through those rock bands, you will hit rocks no matter what the snow depth. They used to be better until they reshaped bombers and move a lot of rock around, now....just nasty stuff.
    Props to the guy skiing them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    There are a lot of hidden rocks under those lines. I had a buddy a few years ago that had to get heli evacuated from MR after landing on some rocks in that area. He shattered his hip and almost got paralyzed.
    I remember that, wwsra demo days right? Most people look at the Bomber cliffs and only see 5 skiable lines. All of them end in a minefield of rocks, if you come screaming out of the chute, best control your speed. Jared seems to think all the dead ends go too. I really like the spine line he skied skiers left of Hourglass chute. There is some pretty spicy terrain at Mission if you use your imagination.