Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    rain schmain. i'm still holding onto these memories...

beautiful

Allen, as ikkin said we crossed your tracks out on chainlakes. We also were drooling over some of the lines on Barometer. Sick trip.

Hop, your videos sucked, especially the sisters one

ikkin wasn't lying about the touring weather. Her she is enjoying the final descent towards the tap room:
    smoke crack and worship satan

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Another fun day up at Baker, snowing and empty.
    Baker today was super fun, and there was seriously like 6.5 people there. Can't wait for tomorrow.

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    What Alpental telemetry are you looking at? I see 1.38" of precip, zero snow and decreasing snowpack at Alpy base. Am I missing something here?

Hoping forecast holds for falling temps and some snow.
    temps at the top were sub freezing all day a bit above at mid mountain, seemed like it was possible that it was heavy snow at the top and possibly a lot of it.

i would love to see Renner's 4-10" materialize but am not that optimistic for Alpy. Convergence seems to be favoring Stevens over SnoQ.

Anyone down for touring either @ Baker or Crystal Sunday?
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Really wet heavy dumpage right now in North Bend (WA), hard enough that even though it's really wet, it's accumulating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Wintery mix at White Pass today. Got wet. Started snowing and blowing at around 2 though. Hopefully they'll get some decent accumulation. It was glue/quickcrete off piste. Def need some new coverage.
    Smoke dope, jump rope, eat glass and kick ass...ROCK STEADY!

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    The last two weeks in December at MBSA
    Hot damn Hop, 2:30 into Voodoo Chile was totally orgasmic!
    There was some great synchronicity between Jimi and the skiing.
    Last edited by fiddler; 01-08-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Baker was kicken today. Nobody up there. Heavy snow but wide open spaces. Freezing levels supposed to drop to 1000ft by morning so everything should dry out. Killer coverage on everything though. Stoked for tomorrow!

I like it Hop!
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Alpental report says 6 at base and 14 at the top. Stevens, & Crystal got only a few and Baker only 5. Quite the anomoly there; convergence zone was pretty narrow I guess. Not sure when the last time I saw that big a change over 1000 feet of elevation.
    Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools by Ullr Labs: http://www.ullrlabs.com/solutions.html

doughboyshredder Guest
    Top of alpy regularly gets more than the lower. Top 700 vert was deep near bottomless blower. Below that was still deep, but not bottomless. Bottom mountain was crunch fest. Hit it for a couple hours, and then bailed on the weekend shitshow crowd.

Best turns in the day were surprisingly in the trees between breakover and shot six. Honest to goodness knee to waist deep blower and the sun lighting the way. Was real tempted to repeat, but another 25-30 minute wait at ch.2 discouraged me.

Guessing that if they open the bc that the upper sections will be phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcha View Post
    Alpental report says 6 at base and 14 at the top. Stevens, & Crystal got only a few and Baker only 5. Quite the anomoly there; convergence zone was pretty narrow I guess. Not sure when the last time I saw that big a change over 1000 feet of elevation.
    The bottom of Alpy is at about 3100 ft, the top is just over 5400 ft, not really sure how you're under the impression that Alpental only has 1000 ft of vert.

2300 feet of elevation makes a pretty big difference. It is often snowing at the top of Alpy while it's raining at the bottom, which was the case yesterday. It's not remotely an anomaly, it's common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

today was super duper fun!!1! (although crowded)

Quote Originally Posted by Powaholic View Post
    there was seriously like 6.5 people there.
    unreal how empty it was (yesterday) pretty good day although it was definitely unstable above ~4800ft in many areas (wind loaded esp) where the rain didn't sink things down. my riding partner had a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Anyone down for touring either @ Baker or Crystal Sunday?
    assuming good vis tomorrow i am gonna be trying to get a quick hike or two in on shuksan arm. can't get into any real touring as i'm checking out the beacon rally in the afternoon.

in other news, mon, tues, and wed should all be stellar days touring days though. clear skies and well below freezing =
    Last edited by key-z; 01-08-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    "snowboarding can be playing but to me it's more like living"
    -craig kelly

ON3P will be at Stevens again tomorrow running demos. Stop by and say hi if you are around and wanna grab some skis!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by IslandSnow View Post
    The bottom of Alpy is at about 3100 ft, the top is just over 5400 ft, not really sure how you're under the impression that Alpental only has 1000 ft of vert.
    Funny, I've skied there 100s to days and for some reason I never actually added it up.
    Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools by Ullr Labs: http://www.ullrlabs.com/solutions.html

90 up to snoqualmie is fucked! I guess this is what I get for sleeping in...

doughboyshredder Guest
    Thanks to the 90 clusterfuck it was great up there for the first hour or two. Almost empty with full on blower snow. Weird crust layer underneath though. I expected it to feel a lot softer, but it was still pretty damn good. No BC laps for me as I was riding alone. Took off about 11 and all lots were full.

Yesterday at White Pass was surprisingly nice. The 4-12" of powder in the expansion area made for some really fun tree skiing in the afternoon. I'm going to have to get back there again this season...

What was actual drive time Seattle->White Pass?

Alpy was real good, despite awful visibility anywhere not in the trees, like upper Nash. Backcountry was deep. Tuesday should be excellent. Yeah, the ice/rain layer is definitely not far below on the lower mountain, but just about everything skied well to fantastic. Much better than Saturday IMO. Interested to hear how the touring in that area was....

stevens was shockingly ok today.
    Lots of rain crust, but ~8" over it making for some fun lively skiing.
    The snow was pretty light when it comes to stevens sludge, plus it was a bonus getting up there not expecting anything more than ice, and the backside was great for a long while

note: this years Gotamas: freaking rad skis, they make it all fun
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    Yesterday at White Pass was surprisingly nice. The 4-12" of powder in the expansion area made for some really fun tree skiing in the afternoon. I'm going to have to get back there again this season...

Here's a quickie vid from that area today. Met another maggot while back there as well, not sure his name, but he's from TriCities.

I didn't bother to edit anything, and didn't turn off the camera for the low angle lower shit, so it gets pretty boring after the 1:00 mark, just fyi. Blower pow and faceshots. 6" of new my ass...

Baker was fun today

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/