Page 76 of 252 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 6280
    ^^ i would think the current storm snow would be very stable on packed out snow, just not when it's on top of the unconsolidated low density pack outside the resorts.

Rose was Sierra cement but buffed nicely so lots of good turns.
    Chutes closed all day; I scored a few nice laps on the East Bowl before the Zephyr lift went on wind hold (closed) about 9:30. Thus I lapped Magnum lift with Corky the rest of the day. Not too bad but not epic.

I did a few somersaults which Corky found incredibly humorous.

Last edited by Jim S; 12-18-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Rolled up to Sierra for about 2 1/2 hours, that was some dense snow, if you could find where the wind had gotten it's way a bit, it skied a lot funner. Rolled in a couple minutes after they started loading, it was pretty funny watching the first people come down, definitely advantage snow boarder today unless you got stuck in a flat spot.

Granted it's a fricking ski area and nothing like the BC but nothing was budging today even really steep roll overs.
    I got a couple of runs in this morning at Sierra also, some of the heaviest snow I've ever experienced, my legs we're working overtime!

Wow, 2 days and ~150 posts... I've got some reading ahead of me.

Skied in the rain with Jahroy, Un-P and Gerome yesterday... Flat light was killing me, but everyone else seemed to be alright. I guess my vagina was extra bloody yesterday.

Nice to meet you too Gerome, deuce, & jla!

GNAR is awesome and gets my "Four Paws Up" seal of approval for quality ski entertainment. Thank you to all who were involved with it!

Pre game for the movie was cool too! Hung out with Jahroy, Un-P, jla, & dook. It's rad to meet up with you guys, thanks for the good time. BTW: do your best to park like an ass at Alpine. Because, if you don't someone else will and block YOU in. I guess that falls into the "Do unto others before they do unto you" category.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Blower, to the best of my knowledge, is snow that is so light and almost completely devoid of moisture that it's almost like frozen air.
    This perfectly describes the snow off Red Dog/Squaw Creek this morning.
    ^^^ With this I concur. I can't imagine that snow can get any lighter than it was this morning at Squaw.

okbye
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 12-18-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Blower, to the best of my knowledge, is snow that is so light and almost completely devoid of moisture that it's almost like frozen air. For it to truly be blower one should be able to wave their hand lightly above the snow and it should blow away like feathers. Or one should be able to blow on it with the same force one would use to blow out candles on a birthday cake and it would float away.

Soft shell was a bad call today.
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

Thats why your on the webz at 1:00

today was 1 out of 5 stars (or should I say chairlifts)

Hey Coup, why does the website at 9:05 am say that 10 and 6 are open?
    Hello darkness my old friend

i think they're still struggling a bit behind the scenes with their new web site.

i generally just watch the web cam. if it's pointed only at chair 5 i get suspicious and call the non-snow phone number. today 6 was spinning, but not loading and the large pine next to it said why.
    right now 5 is down too and the cluster of 'biles says it's mechanical.

Tell me you are lying.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Tell me you are lying.
    evidently the radiation is screwing up your sarcasmometer.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    iThe hoar that was present at the spur thursday morning was baked off most aspects by noon.
    I agree that I don't think it'll persist much past this storm, especially the next...

but the hoar in rose wilderness definitely had not baked off by noon, or 3, or 4 o clock

maybe it was warmer down here. there was fairly noticeable tree pee here too, and our second skin up was very sticky in spots.

evidently the radiation is screwing up your sarcasmometer.
    I sure hope it was wet and miserable since I stayed at home to get over this cold so I could hit it hard Sunday.

Not to be a dick, but ya know what my favorite thing about west shore is?
    SLT'ers can't get to it and it's soooo close to them!

maybe it was warmer down here. there was fairly noticeable tree pee here too, and our second skin up was very sticky in spots.
    sounds like different conditions... the second skin was definitely not sticky...

Alpine today

Sierra cement in effect today, nothing running above Roundhouse. Traverse to face open, but traverse to deer camp closed. Lots of activity in the snowpack even on the lower mountain. Face cliffs slid, part of face, slide in waterfall with particularly large debris.

Snow got lighter as the day progressed, with some squeaky real pow falling around 2pm when we took off.

-Adam

No rain or slush in the parking lot at Kirkwood today. Snow level was around 7200 ft at around 8 am this morning, with full winter driving up and over Carson Pass to Kirkwood.

Chair 5 opened first and after a few laps, they opened chair 11. The only real skiing was off of 11 and we had around 4 fast and solid condensed pow laps under Norm's and on a high-traverse around Waterfall. Bombs were going off all day. Patrol said that basically everything slid, but with nothing 'historic' occurring.

...end of transmission...

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    No rain or slush in the parking lot at Kirkwood today. Snow level was around 7200 ft at around 8 am this morning, with full winter driving up and over Carson Pass to Kirkwood.

Chair 5 opened first and after a few laps, they opened chair 11. The only real skiing was off of 11 and we had around 4 fast and solid condensed pow laps under Norm's and on a high-traverse around Waterfall. Bombs were going off all day. Patrol said that basically everything slid, but with nothing 'historic' occurring.

...end of transmission...
    Yeah, I couldn't get over the Spur to Kirkwood, the 88 is closed between SLT and Kirkwood, and will be for the foreseeable future. After tonight's storm, I don't think we'll see 88 opening tomorrow morning. Had to ski Heavenly today, some great laps on Canyon Express before they put it on wind hold.

Going up to Alpine in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    Nice to meet you too Gerome, deuce, & jla!

GNAR is awesome and gets my "Four Paws Up" seal of approval for quality ski entertainment. Thank you to all who were involved with it!

Pre game for the movie was cool too! Hung out with Jahroy, Un-P, jla, & dook. It's rad to meet up with you guys, thanks for the good time. BTW: do your best to park like an ass at Alpine. Because, if you don't someone else will and block YOU in. I guess that falls into the "Do unto others before they do unto you" category.
    Nice meeting you too

And yea, people block other peoples cars in on ski days at alpine too, not just apres events...
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryank View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't get over the Spur to Kirkwood, the 88 is closed between SLT and Kirkwood, and will be for the foreseeable future. After tonight's storm, I don't think we'll see 88 opening tomorrow morning. Had to ski Heavenly today, some great laps on Canyon Express before they put it on wind hold.

Going up to Alpine in the morning.
    Sunday
    Windy. Rain and snow. Snow level 6500 to 7000 feet. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches...with 10 to 20 inches above 7000 feet. Highs 34 to 39. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph in the afternoon. Ridge gusts up to 85 mph increasing to 125 mph in the afternoon.
    If you're in south shore, I'd think really hard about how worth it that's going to be.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    the skiing was incredibly ungood and the forecast is saying tomorrow will be even less good, if thats even possible.

This is what it looked like from Chair 11 around noon.....

This is what it looked like coming down a ski slope around 1pm...S.P.C using his backseat cream technique.

The pole plant is key during this maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Nice vid Gerome, thanks for the stoke. Good to meet you yesterday as well.

Rain-snain-sleet mix this morning at Squaw. The parking lot is a 7-11 Slurpee right now. Looks likes it trying to turn to snow now though. Essentially only Red Dog and Squaw Creek are spinning. Afternoon could be good if the temp drops.
    Wait a second, KT didn't open?? I thought KT NEVER closed!

With the high snow level, I can't believe no one has mentioned Mammoth yet: 24 hour snow total 44 to 60 inches!!!!!

Oh, and that black rose avi forecast was disturbing to wake up to this morning!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    Wait a second, KT didn't open?? I thought KT NEVER closed!

With the high snow level, I can't believe no one has mentioned Mammoth yet: 24 hour snow total 44 to 60 inches!!!!!

Oh, and that black rose avi forecast was disturbing to wake up to this morning!
    44-60" of mank, Im sure that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Thats why your on the webz at 1:00

today was 1 out of 5 stars (or should I say chairlifts)

Hey Coup, why does the website at 9:05 am say that 10 and 6 are open?
    "coup" is a fool in charge of spamming facebook, TGR and god knows where else with drivel that will rarely contain relevant, honest information, such as "chair 6 might open but probably won't" etc.

cohee only had the snowphone as an outlet for his daily bull, this guy is all over the web.