Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB 186 Lhasa Pows, 173 Shamans, 179 BRO FAT, Czars maybe...

Hey guys, I'm looking for the powder slayer that I'm going to use every day this winter, and I don't have enough cash for Powderboards and Prophets, so I gotta go somewhere in between. The Lhasa Pows 186 would be my first pick, but with how expensive they are, I'm not sure I can even afford a used set. Ideally, I'm lookin for the Lhasa Pows, in good condition, hopefully with Jesters, Dukes, or Look bindings. 173 Shamans second or maybe the BRO FAT 179, then the BRO or Czar. I'm looking for the best deal/price combo I can find so let me know what you got and maybe, just maybe, you can have my cash. - This is my ad on Epicski.com so if it's in some other language...

Hook me up with some sick used skis dawg! Cheap! I'm jonzin to slay some pow this winter
    If I'm retarded and school me on what I really need vatos. I'm out!

im sure you'll be totally hooked up...

Read this as good fucking luck JONG.

Just lookin for a pair of skis man. I must admit, that is the first response I expected.

Want a set of 196 Lhasas, carbon, drilled 1x for small Dukes at 315 BSL? Comes with spare 3rd ski (drilled 1x for FKS; don't know boot size). These are cosmetic blems -- one topsheet is a little blurry looking. Skis and bindings are in great shape; one small scrape on ptex of one ski -- not really repairable, as it's too shallow.

$450/skis, add $200 for Dukes; you pay shipping from Reno NV. Will not sell Dukes separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

out of my price range, sorry amigo. Thanks though.
    Not to mention I'm 5'8'' 150lbs, so that's longer than I would like to go.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Pm Jer he's the colo bro rep.
    He'll hook ya up
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Might help to give a price range so folks don't waste time posting offers out of it
    Uno mas

Dude... if the deal offered by El Chup is too expensive, you're going to have no luck.

check out levelninesports.com for sweet deals on all kind of powder skis, including czars

I figured I wouldn't be able to find any Lhasa Pows w binders for $450 or less, at least in good condition, but I thought maybe some Shamans or czars. I've seen both (in wrong sizes for me) go for $350 in pretty damn good condition. The lhasa pows are a shot in the dark. Should mention I don't need 16 din bindings, 12's work fine for me. 302 bsl i think, trying not to redrill. Depending on the deal and condition on some Lhasa's I might spring for 'em some, but the 196's aren't for me anyways.
    I should mention I'm willing to make a reasonable road trip to pick these up, so cash in hand, easy deal, so SLC, Taos, Denver, Telluride, all kinda in range.... since I'm sure my 4 posts make some people wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Level9Sports View Post
    check out levelninesports.com for sweet deals on all kind of powder skis, including czars
    Put that 182 czar down to $349 with the shorter ones and I might have a hard time passing that up, but we'll see what unfolds here first.

TRAMDOCK Wunderkind is the man.............
    But seriously new skis below $350 is asking alot. For the ones on your list anyways.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

how 'bout a Praxis RX 189

140-115-128

tip rocker only (~33cm w/skis relaxed; ~50cm w/ skis decambered).
    no tail rocker (slight twin tip).
    excellent bases/edges; some chipping on topsheets; most recent mount p14 for 310BSL, two previous (one alpine, one tele).

$275 flat; i have a p14 that could be added, but i would prefer to sell flat.

local pick-up (~Denver); or +ship
    (i'm 5'10 ~150, so no pussy whining about how big and scary they are (they ski a bit shorter because of the rocker and slight twin)).
    Last edited by pfluffenmeister; 08-26-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: dimension error
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

No one said anything about new, just looking for some gear heads last years stuff, still in good condition, for a good (great) deal. I know I'm askin a lot, but it never hurts to ask. + I'm not in a big hurry. Thanks for all the feedback so far. I posted this 2 days ago in epicski and have 14 views and 0 responses, so this is awesome.
    Last edited by guroo270; 08-26-2010 at 04:47 PM.

I have a pair of 186 glass Lhasa (6/10) with Dukes (7/10) and Glidelite skins (9/10) I would part with, but you would not sniff this setup for less than $700..............DAWG.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    how 'bout a Praxis RX 189

140-115-124

tip rocker only (~33cm w/skis relaxed; ~50cm w/ skis decambered).
    no tail rocker (slight twin tip).
    excellent bases/edges; some chipping on topsheets; most recent mount p14 for 310BSL, two previous (one alpine, one tele).

$275 flat; i have a p14 that could be added, but i would prefer to sell flat.

local pick-up (~Denver); or +ship
    (i'm 5'10 ~150, so no pussy whining about how big and scary they are (they ski a bit shorter because of the rocker and slight twin)).
    Maybe? I go to Denver all the time, so maybe. Don't hold them for me, but that's a pretty good offer, and fairly similar. Just gonna wait a lil while to see what else pops up.

BTW there are no persons on this board who are "dawgs".
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Bro Fat 179s w/Solly Demos. $250 + ship
    Last edited by powpig; 08-27-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Bro Fat 183s w/Solly Demos. $250 + ship
    don't mean to jump line in front of the JONG (well maybe I do), but what sort of condition are these in?
    Old's Cool.

so you'd ride 186 lhasa pows but not 184 shamans?

hmm...

PM sent to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Bro Fat 183s w/Solly Demos. $250 + ship
    whoa, such a ski exists???

PM Rontele, he always has good ski deals...

I have a pair of 184 Shamans, drilled once for 4-hole tele and once for Hammerhead, both filled. Bases and edges are pristine, typical topsheet scuffs and scrapes from maybe 15 days of skiing? 250.00 plus ship. Seriously, man up and get 184s.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    whoa, such a ski exists???
    Not yet.