Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Can you use the same screws for the inserts as for dynadukes?
    That's what I'm planning on doing.

Anyone got the QK mounting screw spec for G3 Targa's?

8mm from top of flat head screw to top of ski surface. Depending on insert depth, 14mm minimum screw length.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Anyone got the QK mounting screw spec for G3 Targa's?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Cheers Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    That's what I'm planning on doing.
    Never quoted myself before, but I thought I'd update that I found the screws that come with Dynaduke plates to be a hair too long. It's close enough with Dukes that if you weren't careful, you might not notice that they're too long, but it's obvious with Dynafit Comforts.

I ended up buying enough fasteners for 1 set of Dukes and 1 set of Dynafits (plus a few extras) from Jondrums website , and I went 2mm shorter than the kit that comes with his plates in all cases.

Dynafit Comfort:
    12 X Flathead M5 Screw : 12mm
    12 X Flathead M5 Screw : 16mm
    4 X Smallhead M5 Screw : 16mm

Duke:
    4 X Buttonhead M5 Screw : 8mm
    20 X Flathead M5 Screw : 8mm

These fasteners can also be purches from McMaster-Carr, but they come in packages that were too big to justify for me, so buying individuals made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Never quoted myself before, but I thought I'd update that I found the screws that come with Dynaduke plates to be a hair too long. It's close enough with Dukes that if you weren't careful, you might not notice that they're too long, but it's obvious with Dynafit Comforts.

I ended up buying enough fasteners for 1 set of Dukes and 1 set of Dynafits (plus a few extras) from Jondrums website , and I went 2mm shorter than the kit that comes with his plates in all cases.

Dynafit Comfort:
    12 X Flathead M5 Screw : 12mm
    12 X Flathead M5 Screw : 16mm
    4 X Smallhead M5 Screw : 16mm

Duke:
    4 X Buttonhead M5 Screw : 8mm
    20 X Flathead M5 Screw : 8mm

These fasteners can also be purches from McMaster-Carr, but they come in packages that were too big to justify for me, so buying individuals made more sense.
    Great info, so these are the lengths you actually purchased rather than the ones that came? What do you need for dynafit vertical FT's?

^^^ Two different considerations. I own two pairs of Dynaduke plates and fasteners came with them. I wanted to use those fasteners with PL inserts but they're a hair too long for the inserts... so I ordered shorter fasteners to fit the inserts.

Not sure if you need the same fasteners with FT's or not... sorry, can't help there.

For ft12 heres what was confirmed to me by jondrums and I ordered from his site. Dont have my inserts mounted quite yet so I cant 100% confirm.

2 M5x16 special flatheads, 8 M5x16 flatheads and 8 M5x12 flatheads ($7.20)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Great info, so these are the lengths you actually purchased rather than the ones that came? What do you need for dynafit vertical FT's?

So the same as what I ordered for Comforts, then. I just ordered a few spares for when I inevitably loose one.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    For ft12 heres what was confirmed to me by jondrums and I ordered from his site. Dont have my inserts mounted quite yet so I cant 100% confirm.

tt, are those for puder luder inserts, or Jondrum's inserts?

Great info, I believe the design of the two inserts is pretty much the same, I may be wrong though.

they are for puders inserts. Dont quote me on this but i believe that jondrums has found a way to make his inserts compatible with the screws provided with dyandukes. Either way I know that dynaduke screws are too long for puders inserts. thus i ordered the shorter ones as described.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    tt, are those for puder luder inserts, or Jondrum's inserts?

I know this stuff is confusing, so bear with me.
    -DynaDuke and SollyFit plates are 7mm thick, and are designed for 6mm MAX thread engagement.
    -BindingFreedom inserts are designed for 6mm MAX thread engagement
    -PL's inserts are designed for 4-5mm MAX thread engagement

Fasteners in Vancouver

Vancouver mags - after much searching, I finally found a place that sells individual stainless steel m5 fasteners. They've got all sizes/styles and are priced anywhere from $0.10 to $0.19 per screw.
    Pacific Fasteners - 3934 East 1st Ave., Burnaby (apparently they've got outlets in Seattle and Toronto as well)
    Hope that this helps save some of you the trouble I went through!

Has anyone else found that when installing the inserts it helps to drill a pilot hole before the 1/4 hole? I was having issues with drill walk, and was trying to make huge punch marks to keep it on track, then I drilled first with a 1/8" bit and there was no walk and my tolerances were withing 1mm compared to 2-3 without the pilot hole.

On another note, I was amazed at how much "stretch"? you can get even with holes that are several mm out of line. I don't know if this substantially weakened the interface or not, but I thought I had royally fucked up the toe mount on my new Superbros but I got them to fit by doing the following.

Put one screw in and do not tighten it, then put the second screw in, tighten both, loosen the first two, put the third screw in, tighten all three, then remove all but one of the three screws, loosen the last, and put the fourth in, tighten both, then loosen and put all four in. I have them sitting tightened down now and am hoping that they cure in the correct position so that remounts are not a pain in the ass.

Also, I just mounted a pair of Sollyfits, and man they are so much easier, cleaner and faster than the inserts. Great product Jondrums.

^^ I would actually recommend that people drill and mount bindings as normal first. Ski them once to make absolutely sure that the holes are in the right spot before installing the inserts. Then take off the bindings and drill out the holes further. The original holes will act as a nice guide to put the inserts in exactly the right spot.

Once you install the inserts, there's no undoing them...

I'm spamming my own post.

We made up some [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3086080#post3086080"]Novelty T-shirts[/ame] for our favorite cause. We donated the cash to get these done so 100% of your payment will go to the ASPCA.

Best,

Puder Luder
    I got 99 problems but this pitch aint one

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post

TT, can you confirm that that set of scews worked with the FT12 and the PL inserts?

Also, can someone confirm that the screws for the ST10 would be the same as the FT12?

TT, can you confirm that that set of scews worked with the FT12 and the PL inserts?

Also, can someone confirm that the screws for the ST10 would be the same as the FT12?
    Looking at the binding surface the scerw screws into in the heel of ST10, it is a different design than the FT12, and looks like it would take a button head, not a flat head?

Looking at the binding surface the scerw screws into in the heel of ST10, it is a different design than the FT12, and looks like it would take a button head, not a flat head?
    Got the word from Jondrum that the ST10 uses the same scerws as the Comfort. just ordered a bunch of screws from J.

Tony

Looks like a good spot to get the screws: http://www.greenboatstuff.com/ststmascflhe1.html

can buy individually, good prices, and they sell the philllips style vs. 3mm hex head.

Just put an order in.

Mcmaster only sells the 3 MM hex key heads, imo they suck. I've stripped half a dozen out already. These guys have a few more options.

Got the word from Jondrum that the ST10 uses the same scerws as the Comfort. just ordered a bunch of screws from J.

Tony
    I just installed a set of Quiver Killer/Puder Luder inserts and have Dynafit Vertical ST10 binders. I hate to disagree with Jondrum here (considering I'm a Jong), but the heels definitely use pan head or button head fasteners (but still 16mm).

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me here. Comfort and ST10 use buttonheads on the heel piece. There's just some discrepancy on the lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleStan View Post
    Vancouver mags - after much searching, I finally found a place that sells individual stainless steel m5 fasteners. They've got all sizes/styles and are priced anywhere from $0.10 to $0.19 per screw.
    Pacific Fasteners - 3934 East 1st Ave., Burnaby (apparently they've got outlets in Seattle and Toronto as well)
    Hope that this helps save some of you the trouble I went through!
    Want to bring a bag of sizes up to Whistler? Will pay, AND beer. PM me if doable.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Ordered. Thanks for making these!