Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who do you think was the better or more important mentor: Obi-Won Ben Kenobi or Yoda?

discuss...

Yoda because he never made a mistake and out lived Obi-Won.

I feel like a nerd right now.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

The question as to whether Yoda has a penis is yet to be resolved. Until such time that consensus agreement is formed in the affirmative, I'll take Obi-Won as my mentor because this is TGR and hey, dickless (short green guys) just aren't very FKNA.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    The question as to whether Yoda has a penis is yet to be resolved. Until such time that consensus agreement is formed in the affirmative, I'll take Obi-Won as my mentor because this is TGR and hey, dickless (short green guys) just aren't very FKNA.
    no, it's because you've always dreamed of Obi-wan's penis.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

obi-won for sure, because he was already on Tatuene ready to chill with Luke and having known his father, he knew how to influence luke. Obi-Won got Luke stoked on the force, all Yoda did was teach him to stand on his head for a long ass time.

now, off to drink some blue milk...

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    ...all Yoda did was teach him to stand on his head for a long ass time.
    No. Yoda taught Luke that there is no try. Do or don't do. That's some serious Jedi mind-shit right there.
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Do or don't do. That's some serious Jedi mind-shit right there.
    no, that's a lot of lose right there. Yoda doesn't use contractions.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Obi-won was Luke's stand in daddy, and a martyr. Hands down the more important mentor.

How many people know a single Obi-Won quote? How many can quote multiple Yodaisms?

Yoda for the win.

...and it's “Do or do not... there is no try.” If you are going to be a nerd, do it right, or do not.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Most Important = Obi-Won because he failed and Anikan turned to the dark side changing the history of the galaxy for many decades.

Better = Yoda because he is green and has no penis.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    no, it's because you've always dreamed of Obi-wan's penis.
    The force is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yoda, because he looks like my grandmother (RIP). Put a Kool in his mouth and a glass of cheap whiskey in his hand, and they could be twins.

SexFuck Guest
    I don't know. I'll take the threesome with Princesses Amidala and Leia. You guys can keep the the old guy with the beard and wrinkly green midget. Fags.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    How many people know a single Obi-Won quote?
    "Who is more the fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

"You are going to learn that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view."

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

"....just myself, the boy, the two droids and we'd like to avoid any imperial entanglements."

"This little one isn't worth the effort."

"You will go to the Degobah system, there you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi master who taught me."

"Strike me down and I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, Darth."

and of course...

"That's no moon."

Yoda:

I do love how Yoda kicks out "there is..........................another............... ........................sky.....................wa lker." as he's about to die and then goes into a full-on speech.

"Use your training. Save you it can!"

"MINE!"

"Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!"

"Your weapons you need not."
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

yoda taught both obi-juan and luke.
    game over.
    yoda is the master's master.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing.
    -- Yoda

SexFuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    How many people know a single Obi-Won quote? How many can quote multiple Yodaisms?

Yoda for the win.

...and it's “Do or do not... there is no try.” If you are going to be a nerd, do it right, or do not.
    Dude, if you are basing your gay-mentorship abilities on quotability

Admiral Akbar FTW

Ben was like a big brother to Luke. But Yoda is the rock. Everything comes back to Yoda. Without Yoda, there is nothing but fucking up. When Luke comes back in Jedi and he's a totally new Bruce Lee kind of Jedi confident ass kicking machine, it's all because of Yoda and the way he guided and motivated Luke. When Luke is all crying and shit and scared and wondering if Darth is really someone he should mess with in the first two films, it's thanks to Ben's wonderful guidance.
    I don't need a bunch of quotes to get all geeked up on this shit!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Yoda never had a Padawan, thus it could be argued that he was not Luke's mentor.

Yoda was a better/more skilled Jedi (track record is amazing). But it was Obi who was there when Luke needed the most guidance and advised Luke while both alive and in the afterlife.

BTW - just bought my soon-to-be five year-old son the six Star Wars DVD's.

Exclamation

If I had to choose, then I would choose drugs; totally indifferent.

Yoda taught luke how to use the force. Obi Wan taught Luke how to live and be a man.

Without Obi Wan, Luke could have followed in his father's steps.

Yoda was a teacher.

Obi Wan was a mentor.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Darth Maul. Ben chopped him in half. Yoda fought Lord Duku to what could be considered a draw (I know Duku ran away). But Obi Wan has the "I fucked some guy up and watched him fall into one of those ubiquitous giant pits of unknown function (one, two, three movies where a character falls down into one?). That's credentials. He tells Luke that and it's all over. He's the man.

Oh, and what is it with those pits? Was it trendy or something? I get the one on the deathstar surrounding the controls for the tractor beam. Keep tight security on that shit. But what's with the one in Cloud City that Luke falls into. Is that like the trash system or the ventilation? Who builds those massive things?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    Darth Maul. Ben chopped him in half. Yoda fought Lord Duku to what could be considered a draw (I know Duku ran away). But Obi Wan has the "I fucked some guy up and watched him fall into one of those ubiquitous giant pits of unknown function (one, two, three movies where a character falls down into one?). That's credentials. He tells Luke that and it's all over. He's the man.
    Two points:

1) Darth Maul was the coolest Sith evar.

2) I love how during that lightsaber battle, when they are separated by those force-field thingamabobs, Darth Maul is pacing back and forth all pissed off and Obi-Wan is meditating. That pretty much nails the whole Jedi thing right there.