Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    No crap. Valmont in Boulder has been a slooowww moving process. Its nice, however, to have the city behind the project.

Goodluck guys. An October finish date is

Sorry I couldn't be there tonight, had some shit come up. I don't know how much help I'll be with school starting on Monday (19 credit hours), but let me know when the digs are and I'll see what I can make time for.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

After the 28th I am ready for some digging! Ogden just put the ball in our hands, now we need to execute. Rallying some troops from Amer to help out. Keep the information coming.

Anybody know what's going on with the pump track on 20th? Curious to see if this is affiliated.

Shovelling will be great preseason training. Stoked!!!
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    After the 28th I am ready for some digging! Ogden just put the ball in our hands, now we need to execute. Rallying some troops from Amer to help out. Keep the information coming.

Anybody know what's going on with the pump track on 20th? Curious to see if this is affiliated.

Nice, I sent a msg to JYC a few days ago trying to get the word out over there at Amer.

Pump track was built by some of the same volunteers, though I'm not sure if the same group (Ogden WAFTA) will be managing it. Right now they are having trouble getting the clay to set up as they have not been able to get enough water on the track. Word last night is that they are going try to inject water into the clay from the fire hydrants via some sort of spike contraption one of the volunteers rigged up. Please stay off the dirt until it's ready. Ogden city is also building a full on regulation BMX track. Tons of cool 2 wheeled stuff happening up here.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    That's the best part: there will be much, much less shoveling than normal. The city is providing pretty much any earthmoving machinery we need. Backhoes, dump truncks, water trucks... you name it, we can get it.

Need a feature in that spot over there? No problem, back the truck up and dump a load of dirt there.

Suffice to say, we shall make the most of this opportunity!

this sounds rad. put some nice, BIG tables in, i want something to work up to money line at i street on haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    this sounds rad. put some nice, BIG tables in, i want something to work up to money line at i street on haha.
    This is going to blow I street away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickeymotto View Post
    This is going to blow I street away.
    Whoa now, let's not say things we can't take back.
    Very cool to see the stoke behind this project. Very, very cool to see the city support behind this project. Ogden is getting to be pretty cool.
    Thanks Shane

haha nothing like sending big, sketchy, sandy jumps though! plus, i live in salt lake, that's in ogden. once a week thing at best.

This was just sent to all the major media outlets in SLC.

OGDEN CITY

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: 629-8337
    Email jaylowder@ogdencity.com

Extreme Bike Riding at Ogden’s First Freeride Park

(August 18, 2010), Ogden, UT – For extreme bike enthusiasts throughout Northern Utah there will soon be a new and exciting venue to test your skills. Ogden City is pleased to announce the development its first ever Freeride Park.
    Freeride is a relatively new discipline of mountain biking, combining different aspects of the sport such as downhill, dirt jumping and big mountain climbs which has progressed rapidly in recent years, and is now recognized as one of the most popular disciplines within mountain biking.
    This new and unique park will be the first in northern Utah and will be located on the east bench between 12th Street and 9th Street thanks to FIFE Group, the property owners, who have entered into a special use agreement with the city. The new park will appeal to all ages of BMX freestyle bike riders as the course will be built in a manner to cater to all comfort and skill levels as they advance through the course. The course will include jumps, obstacles, downhill areas and inertia based speed zones, both natural and man-made.
    Completion of phase I of this project is scheduled for late fall and is being designed, facilitated and installed by Ogden City’s GIS, Engineering, Management Services and Public Ways and Parks Division.
    For more information regarding the new Freeride Park, please contact the Public Ways and Parks office at 801-629-8271.

Stay tuned. There will be a (hopefully) more accurate story in tomorrow's edition of the local paper.

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    That's the best part: there will be much, much less shoveling than normal. The city is providing pretty much any earthmoving machinery we need. Backhoes, dump truncks, water trucks... you name it, we can get it.

Need a feature in that spot over there? No problem, back the truck up and dump a load of dirt there.

Suffice to say, we shall make the most of this opportunity!
    HOLY CRAP! You better! Sounds awesome! Good for you guys! Stoked to visit and thank you for all your hard work. Much Love!!!!

Here's the story in the paper: Come on, Take a Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by DerJaeger View Post
    Here's the story in the paper: Come on, Take a Freeride
    Front Page News!!! Gotta love Tea-Party Tom's comments but he somehow managed to leave the word "constitution" out of his rant.

Anyway keep the news coming.
    bumps are for poor people

Next digs are this Thursday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon. Some pretty good progress is being made. I'll be sure to take some photos on Thursday. As always, we definitely need more bodies up there and if anyone wants to ride the train up, PM me for my number and I'll pick you up at the station in Ogden.

I might be headed through that area on Saturday, hopefully its not pissing rain since I live in my truck. If I make it by then, Ill PM, would love to help out

We had some machinery in today. Lots of progress made. We will be doing some dig days for hand-finishing the first trail soon, so stay tuned!

Evening lighting was shitty for this aspect, but here are some pictures. Should look pretty awesome after tomorrow's grooming and the timely rain we're expecting this weekend.

Lookin good! Are yall going to build some features on/over those big boulders?
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Lookin good! Are yall going to build some features on/over those big boulders?
    Absolutely. There's a few things in the works for those. Meanwhile today, some very decent-sized tables got put in, along with some berms and other goodies.

We were hard at work today. Lots of progress!

you guys still gonna be out there tomorrow?

Looking fantastic! Sorry I haven't been out there helping, I really wish I had the time but school is killing any free time I could have donated. Looks really solid though guys.

Awesome! Looking great guys. The terrain is very cool to work with...

Getting some stuff done down here near SLC as well, next spring we're gonna have some sick new places to ride on the Wasatch front.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    you guys still gonna be out there tomorrow?
    I'll be there after going to the BD swap in the morning, if the weather holds. The will also be another guy there. Not too optimistic about the weather though.

PM me if you need specific contact details, times, etc.