Thread: SLC: Gt Demo

SLC: Gt Demo

Staats bike shop got some xc GT bikes for free demo till friday, the marathon carbon and a few others are offered, we've got a full size run on each.
    Staats is located at 9400s 2063e right next to smiths.

Sorry for the shameless plug, I'm just a mechanic there and I thought some of you would like to ride some nice carbon bikes for free.

any 29er's?
    Read my blog at oilcanracer.blogspot.com

Your guy Ryan Maxwell who apparently rides for your shop said some gems to the news guys last night. I know that he was unaware of what the story was about, but a little discretion re: "I go 45 mph down the LCC trail" would go a long way towards helping the cause of saving LCC. As the reporter stated to me after the story was done - "that guy is the problem".
    Join WAFTA, promoting downhill and freeride trails in the Wasatch. www.waftautah.com

Unfortunately no 29ers.

Just to clarify, I don't think Ryan rides for us, he just comes by all the time and gets little hook-ups. He was wearing a staats shirt yesterday though.

I wish lcc would stay open. And I agree with you, no one needs to be bragging about how fast they can or believe they can go down the trail, when that is the exact issue causing it to close down.

Obviously not your fault but seriously, tell that asshat to keep his damn mouth shut. Fuck, how ignorant can someone be? Not good publicity for your shop either, I'd cut him off.

Mowing down tents? WTF?

Might be sending someone your way for the demo though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by tele222 View Post
    Just to clarify, I don't think Ryan rides for us, he just comes by all the time and gets little hook-ups. He was wearing a staats shirt yesterday though.
    I hope you realize I wasn't trying to throw your shop under the bus. I did not get the impression that he rode or raced for your shop, or any shop, based on the condition of his bike. The only reason I mentioned your shop is because he told the KUTV news guy that he raced for staats cycles. By the way, he told them this on camera I believe, while wearing a microphone. I am glad that didn't show up on the news either, for the sake of the shop.
    Join WAFTA, promoting downhill and freeride trails in the Wasatch. www.waftautah.com

Ryan is kinda a clown, definitely has made some statements in the shop that seem very far feched, good thing it didn't make it on the news about him riding for us. Its too bad he was even wearing a staats shirt when he was on tv, we don't need any of that kind of publicity.

Drboudreaux, do you know whats happening with the trail below tanner flats? Last time I was up there it was still open, but I've heard things about the FS closing that too.

Good question. USFS is making inconsistent statements about that. I have heard that Tanner down is open, and that they would be willing to work with us on that from one individual, while another has said it is closed all the way to the quarry. The individual that told me that the USFS would work with us on Tanner down is out of town until next week, so likely no information until then on what is really going on. I will call him when he gets back in town and see what we can make happen to legitimize that portion of the trail.

that's... encouraging news. i say hold off on the illegal building until we hear about that , most of the good stuff's below that anyway (at least the stuff i know of...).

just reserved one for this afternoon....not sure which one, i told him i was looking for a 6 and 6 bike....sooo stoked....lets hope the rain holds off
    ayuh