Meniscus Tear? MCL ?

So I tweaked my knee recently... I have swelling, the outside of my knee is sore and I have some catching and clicking when bending and straightening my leg. Seems like I damaged the meniscus or mcl. Well I cant get in to see an ortho for a month and am wondering if there is anything I could be doing to help or hurt my current situation. The first couple days I did nothing physically with some mild bike riding and stretching that last couple days. Is is ok to try and work out my leg with either of these injurys? Will I fuck things up worse if I do exercise? I wont know whats realy wrong for a month.

I can't remember if you are here in Missoula? Either way you need to call your ortho back pronto. They will give you the "one month out" bullshit everytime, it just happened to me. I called Dr S's office here in MSO and they told me end of August. I asked for the nurses voicemail, pleaded my case and now I'm being seen 5 days later.

As far as what to do in b/t now and your appt, pain is your guide, you don't want it. An MCL injury would be swelling towards the inside your knee I believe. As far as meniscus, I would be careful there. From what I've seen with buddies that have these, the ones that pushed through the pain and catching knee = royally fucked there knees up, tearing the meniscus even worse.

Call back and get an earlier appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    So I tweaked my knee recently... I have swelling, the outside of my knee is sore and I have some catching and clicking when bending and straightening my leg. Seems like I damaged the meniscus or mcl. Well I cant get in to see an ortho for a month and am wondering if there is anything I could be doing to help or hurt my current situation. The first couple days I did nothing physically with some mild bike riding and stretching that last couple days. Is is ok to try and work out my leg with either of these injurys? Will I fuck things up worse if I do exercise? I wont know whats realy wrong for a month.