Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WTF is kendall if not a town? all the mail says Maple falls on it. Kendall barely gets a street sign, much less town hall, etc.

Maple Falls (like the X-roads area) actually seems pretty nice in comparison, we're thinking of upgrading for the winter.

I'll even change my location for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    WTF is kendall if not a town? all the mail says Maple falls on it. Kendall barely gets a street sign, much less town hall, etc.

Maple Falls (like the X-roads area) actually seems pretty nice in comparison, we're thinking of upgrading for the winter.

I'll even change my location for you though.
    I don't know what it is (other than a shit hole), but it has an elementary school (which Maple Falls no longer has), a fire station (which Maple Falls doesn't), a church (which Maple Falls doesn't), and a new library (which will be moved from Maple Falls to Kendall).

Don't do it for me -- do it for the children, or something like that.

BTW, just spent the afternoon eating lunch at Chair 9. I'm super stoked for Pete, and he's going to make a killing and hopefully run Graham's out of business. And not just because myself and pretty much anybody who ever lived in Glacier has been 86'd from there.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

To those saying " I can't believe anyone would sped a season a Baker" .

I'm in Langley, B.C. Whistler is a 2 1/2 hour drive. The North-shore mountains(Grouse,Seymour,Cypress) are 30 mins away but all very shitty. I think all have less than 1000ft vert and get less than 300" annually. That 1000ft is also flat as hell. Baker is my best option if I want to stay at home.

baker only has 1500ft vert, so you better just drive to whistler if you want to ski on real mountains. It also starts at 3500 ft which is just barely enough to be pissing rain at the base and barely snowing at the top. Whistler on the other hand has over 5k vert to ski, on two mountains, and gets over 40ft per year, as there website clearly states.

also, no matter who you ask, they're going to say baker sucks. Its a pretty well known fact

I see what you're doing there. BTW why all the maple falls hate? 4th of july was a fucking blast out here, plus, how many towns have a "NO SHOOTING - Enforced by sheriff" sign as you enter and exit?
    Uhm like the whole lake whatcom watershed? which holds maybe a third of Bellingham.
    does anyone still enjoy riding inbounds?

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    I don't know what it is (other than a shit hole), but it has an elementary school (which Maple Falls no longer has), a fire station (which Maple Falls doesn't), a church (which Maple Falls doesn't), and a new library (which will be moved from Maple Falls to Kendall).

Don't do it for me -- do it for the children, or something like that.

BTW, just spent the afternoon eating lunch at Chair 9. I'm super stoked for Pete, and he's going to make a killing and hopefully run Graham's out of business. And not just because myself and pretty much anybody who ever lived in Glacier has been 86'd from there.
    Sounds like you just aren't pro enough bro. You've gotta have that extra special skills to even digest that shitty ass food from Graham's.
    does anyone still enjoy riding inbounds?

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post

We went there Saturday night and really liked it, Pete should do really well.

Were you on the river doing comercial trips Saturday?

Fuck I guess its about time to let the biggest kept secret in the ski industry out. I almost NEVER shoot photos at Baker...... 99% of my images are actually shot via heli outside of Whistler, or at a secret zone near I90. I just label them Baker since the management there pays me well to do so. Seriously how the hell could one possibly make a living shooting at baker where it rains 10x the number of days it is sunny?

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    We went there Saturday night and really liked it, Pete should do really well.

Were you on the river doing comercial trips Saturday?
    No, but I saw Rider's out there with a 2-boat float. I don't really guide on the Nooksack if I can help it.

whatcomridaz: I don't think you can even claim being a local anymore if you haven't been kicked out of Grahams at some point. I only used to go there every night when I lived in Glacier because, well, where else was I going to go? The bar manager gave me a free t-shirt once, does that mean I'm sponsored by Grahams?

Rooster Guest
    After Sams TR's me and about a dozen friends are seriously(almost definitely) considering heading Washington(Baker) way. I hear that place is the Alps of North America and Sams famousinternetskiers really drove it home. Utah and Jackson has already been exploited enough. All the real skiers are showcasing their skills in the PNW nowadays. 10-11 is gonna be sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    After Sams TR's me and about a dozen friends are seriously(almost definitely) considering heading Washington(Baker) way. I hear that place is the Alps of North America and Sams famousinternetskiers really drove it home. Utah and Jackson has already been exploited enough. All the real skiers are showcasing their skills in the PNW nowadays. 10-11 is gonna be sick!!
    WTF?

Good thing I have a Kirkwood pass too.

.................................................. .............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........I can't really blame you guys, but damn... a dozen? I guess that "don't bring a crowd" rule is only for surfing.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Lol wtf?

As for baker, I'm not expecting Utah and I don't think any sane person is. Hopefully I can strike while the iron is hot, work while its raining, and really reap the benefit of living out here when I'm still making turns in the summer. It has to be better than the EC...right?
    Nothing is better than the East Coast!

Haha, oh my.

Rooster Guest
    No its cool guys! We're kind of new to the bc but we've skied Tucks and a few of us have been to Alta. We have(or plan to soon) buy beacons for the upcoming season so we can really hit up the sc/bc. Are there a lot of east coasters there? Theres a few Jersey guys, a few Conn., guys and a couple Vt. guys. Lets tour this year mags!!

Good thing no one has discovered what a hidden gem Summit Central is....
    i shred the gnar

While you're talking baker, is there enough snow left for some turns this time of year? Anyone interested in heading up on the weekend getting some late july turns in? I'd be leaving from Vancouver BC, be up for a day or two of skiing.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    While you're talking baker, is there enough snow left for some turns this time of year? Anyone interested in heading up on the weekend getting some late july turns in? I'd be leaving from Vancouver BC, be up for a day or two of skiing.
    Cheers
    I'd post a picture of the snow still starting at the parking lot... but I don't want to be responsible for any more people going up there.

I'd post a picture of the snow still starting at the parking lot... but I don't want to be responsible for any more people going up there.
    Road laps, bitches! I mean, Artist Point isn't opening. Ever. Not this Friday.

Who's got a pickup truck? I'll be there Friday early with my thumb out.
    Living vicariously through myself.

I went to mt baker a half dozen times this year. Couldn't seem to find the lifts?? There where a couple nice lines, though not very steep.

Then I find out mt baker is actually on mt shuksan?!? well, I haven't see any lifts there either, but then again, there wasn't much too see.

Maple Falls sounds a lot like Gold Bar, but with slightly classier people..... and a with much better ski hill at the end of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    Maple Falls sounds a lot like Gold Bar, but with slightly classier people..... and a with much better ski hill at the end of the road.
    There's a LOT more meth in Gold Bar. I raft guide for Alpine Adventures there on 3rd & Hwy 2, and the shit I've seen around that place is impressive. But Stevens is actually a ton of fun, sometimes even more than Baker, as long as you're not there on a weekend.

Bakerboy... Washington's meth know-it-all.

ya'll need some crank? he's got the hookups

orchard and 8th, Ben's shed in the trailer park, or hobo isalnd...

I considered taking A2's raft guide course, but it would have cut into touring season too much.

sam, I can get you into a commune farm in van zandt for 40g. really nice hippy tree house with a moon roof and a bed on stilts under it. hand tiled standup bathtub, solar lights, and an outhouse are just some of the ammeneties.

If i could live off of 542, it would be at that dudes house with the bowl in his polebarn. Tic, tac?... I forget his name.

You guys should be running the Chamber of Commerce for the greater Baker area. Between the rain and the methoids=the most appealing place on earth.