Page 149 of 224 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5589
    Autumn, yes autumn. Autumn starts tomorrow

3@14 and building. Next 7 days look fun. And clean. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a 2 week run.

yeah and the water is toasty. gonna be a little crowded at the wrong times

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Autumn, yes autumn. Autumn starts tomorrow
    Huh???? I thought it was September 22nd this year. After getting as out of shape as I have ever been, I have been fighting my way back the last 7 weeks and I am back down to 200lbs (20lbs to go).
    Finally feel like maybe I am ready to get back in the water. Now I just need some surf down in SD. This weeks forecast is flat
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yup. Basically flat up here as well. Was gonna go for absurd this morning but don't want to spend the time waiting for an occasional chest higher with nothing in between. Thought about dragging the log east across town, but that seems silly as well. Back to building a kitchen. Touch ups today and floor tile tomorrow. Hopefully I have counters and a sink by late next week.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    yeah and the water is toasty. gonna be a little crowded at the wrong times
    Trunks yesterday turned to full suit today. South wind swell upwelling dropped the temps a few degrees. Empty bowly wind swell sets in the chest high range early on turned to full on long period empty early afternoon session in the shoulder plus high range on the sets. Ok not completely empty, shared waves with two other folks from North of the border this afternoon. Real nice folk. Morning cannot come soon enough.

Slowly building to a 'flat' Santa Cruz day

http://cinnamonrainbows.com/surf-cam-report

Good point. But it is more the lack of consistency on a day like today, more than lack of size. When they do come through, they are pretty nice. Highlife and onshore winds conspired to keep me working.

Oddly, winds still look mild now. If we had some solid 3.5@17 SW right now, things would be going off.

Wow, New Hammy looks small compared to a bit north

It is supposed to be shoulder high in Orange County, but I made a promise about a week ago that I would not surf until after our Europe trip. The likelihood of hurting myself is small, but my wife pleaded and I gave in. It has been okay here but nothing fantastic, so I am not too bummed to miss it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

^^^^^^^jajaja... man up dude..you are controlled by a woman and that means your life sucks ......anyways anothe beautiful days in the bukit its firing this morning and getting bigger all day.... word is all this week should be great and the weekend huge....

Where in Europe you headed? Small surf fucks ankles. Don't want to be hobbled. September through March is no injury season for me, and I'm already limping into it with a pinched nerve. Painting is a bitch on my back.

Sickkkkk 4 hour tube ride fest...
    Few friends n I just bought tickets for a red eye tonight and headed to hnl to get on some hawaii time... anyone else flyin out?? Should be Goin off.

Day 4 of this swell, out at 1st light. A bit wonky with chest high sets, but worth the effort. Next couple days look fun then tapers to thigh high for the weekend before more real swell fills in for Monday/Tuesday. Super stoked to have some 4-6' @ 9/10 vs the 3+' @ 13 that we've been seeing this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Day 4 of this swell, out at 1st light. A bit wonky with chest high sets, but worth the effort. Next couple days look fun then tapers to thigh high for the weekend before more real swell fills in for Monday/Tuesday. Super stoked to have some 4-6' @ 9/10 vs the 3+' @ 13 that we've been seeing this week.
    hype hype hype and then blah blah blah. Same ole song. They are lining up, so maybe next time. The sand bars need some movement

Eh, whatever. For the truly dedicated it's all good. Fun to be had. And no crowds if you do it right.

Ohhhhhhh kahala how I've missed you....

Flat headed to flatter around here. Will see what the lion sends.

Day 6 of the run. Last 5 have been shortboardable and fun. Maybe still some in the am. Then Monday thru next week could be sizeable. Nice to feel sharp out there.

North Shore maui goin off this morning

One from this week taken close to the house. Love the solo sessions

^^^ knee high dreams. don't come too soon junior...

Guess ya had to be there.......finally some solid swell in the water today. Overhead and clean at the north end this morning. Not many folks out. Lots of wind on it now. Decent surf daily thru the weekend.

Had some fun today. Small, but always good to play at the ledge. The cliff down is especially spicy this season

Nice how high is the cliff?

Unlike the pic I posted below which was shoulder high 3.5' @ 13, today was 9' @ 11 and man was it a good day to surf the beaches. Overhead super clean and lined up perfectly. Just a few of us out. Had a blast on the 5'8. The board is amazing in the small stuff and can certainly hold it's own when some size and speed are involved. No such thing as, "hmmm what board to ride today?". All week still looking fun.

I woulda nabbed a pic, but I woulda had to get up on a building for a pic to be worthy.