Page 132 of 224 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 5588
    Scored some County class waves

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

I imagine the weekend was good with the combo running. Still pumping up here today.

U heading this way? Went to top of tram this past weekend and it's toast.

Yeah. Your knee in play? Will be dropping the family at LegoLand Wed 4/8, and will be surfing, or at least beaching it, some where that day. Likely Trestles zone. Depending on swell, will grab at least another day of surf that week. Skis are staying at home.

Was there any snow at all in Long Valley? Or up higher? Or it is completely gone. Only will go up with my son if there is any snow around.

Had a great day back in the water after a couple months out. I really need to live next to waves again. But fins. Let's talk about fins.

Was looking for a bit more speed out of my short board which is a thruster, in mushier waves that we typically get on parts of the island during the summer. Obvious answer is to buy a quad, but I'd rather save the money and see if fins would make a difference. More speed, more drive out of my bottom turn to beat sections. Had small fins that were too small for me, but they came with the board when I bought it used a couple years ago. So bought some medium fins that go deeper in the water and have a longer base. Harder to release my tail on turns, but man does it have some kick out of a little pump action now. Fins make a pretty big difference. I had no idea.

^Powderwhore that first wave looks like supreme fun!

Atrain, have a shaper nearby? Depending on how your board is shaped, it may work well as a quad. Why not take it to your shaper and have two fin boxes put it?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I had that original thought and then it went through my head, the shaper designed it to be a thruster, probably shouldn't mess with it if the bottom concaves and all of that aren't designed for a quad. Perhaps I should though.

I'd keep playing with the fins. I've found the Solus to really change how my board moves. Great for smaller, weaker, lumpier surf.

ott - pm me when you're down this way. would love to try and meet up and surf if possible.

maybe get the weeknight San O BBQ/surf back up and running this summer PW?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I'd keep playing with the fins. I've found the Solus to really change how my board moves. Great for smaller, weaker, lumpier surf.
    The solus was an option from the local shop. Future's ride number 9 something. Figured I'd go in the middle of the futures ride number this time around. Knew I just wanted longer and longer base. So went with Jordy medium's as they were what was available at the shop that fit the criteria. Number 5.

Definitely will stick with playing with fins for the meantime. I guess I was quite surprised by how much of a difference fins make.

Didn't make the trek out to the valley but it was pushing 100 degrees in PS last week and 75-80 up top of the tram. Only signs of snow I saw was on north facing slopes but it's going quick. Day 1 was this weekend so I'm relegated to complete kook status, again, but making a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    ott - pm me when you're down this way. would love to try and meet up and surf if possible.

I'm for sure beach bound from about 9:30-2:30(ish) on Wednesday 4/8. If the swell develops, I'll be back on Friday 4/10. I'll PM ya when I get down that way and solidify my plans.

Packin now. What is the water temp down there right now?

Packin now. What is the water temp down there right now?
    low 60s in SD. Seemed warmer this past week before the NW windswell. 3/2 is all you'll need

Yeah, don't own one of those. But I brought the decade old 4/3. Should be fine.

Okay, surf looks pretty weak out there this week. Probably will only be coast bound on Wednesday, and that looks like it will mostly be small wind swell. Any suggestions on where to go? I'll be dropping the clan off at LegoLand in Carlsbad around 9AM. Typically, I head up to Trestles zone and pick a break that is work. Not sure if any of those cobblestone joints will do much with small windswell. Is there a beach break that might be working in the morning before the onshores fuck it up? Or should I just go for a hike? PS - got the 6.0 with me, so no log action.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    The solus was an option from the local shop. Future's ride number 9 something. Figured I'd go in the middle of the futures ride number this time around. Knew I just wanted longer and longer base. So went with Jordy medium's as they were what was available at the shop that fit the criteria. Number 5.

Definitely will stick with playing with fins for the meantime. I guess I was quite surprised by how much of a difference fins make.
    The Solus is for sure loose. If you take out the center hatchet fin, and replace it with a more traditional trailer, it will tighten things up quite a bit. The full foil (inside of side fins are a concave foil, instead of flat) really helps generate speed and create a looser, more flowing turn. The hatchet makes for a tighter turn radius.

The Jordy is a great fin. More of a power driving kind of fin. It is fairly stiff, and reminds me of riding a stiffer ski. You need to push them harder, but they also drive better and really rebound.

Ottime, I'd hit up Oceanside. Way closer and it picks up swell pretty well. It's fun, nothing special like Trestles, but when minimal swell in the water everything's about the same, so trestles isn't worth the extra drive IMHO. Don't feel too cursed, there's hardly ever swell when I'm down there. Jealous of how much more you get up north for sure.

Ended up at Lowers. Just like that spot. Only ten or so out. Waist to chest. Enough to get a few fun ones. Almost got in at Oceanside Harbor, but didn't have small bills (or CC) to park beach front. And the wind was on it by then.

Even with little to no swell, Lowers was still working nicely. Uppers not really. A few weak bar wires lefts, but not much else. I imagine the jetties down here were te way to go, but, yeah, I like Trestles

Sounds fun, especially with only 10 heads in the water. I shoulda known you were ballin with large bills and warned ya to hit up the little coffee shop at north jetty for small bills. They know whats up, they even have an ATM that dispenses $5's for parking instead of $20's

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    ^this

Sorry for the late response...would be down for sure, been at San o the last couple of days and it has been empty and better than working

LMK

Ended up at Lowers.
    Dude, super sorry I missed you...again

But in my defense, I did go to Mammoth and get the best day of the year (in fucking April )

Definitely going to be up your way this summer so will look you up for sure.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

I was thinking about the snow as I drove south. I was also going to head up to KW closing day this Sunday, but as the 10'+@17 just arrived today, I will be spending my time locally. Found some solid overhead surf today during my pre-school hours window this morning. Not exactly what I was hoping, as the reef I was hoping to surf was just not really looking right, so I u-turned and hit up a certain point. Had 50 minutes in the water, caught about 8 waves and covered about 12 football fields distance. Nothing less than overhead, and the biggest one was a solid four feet overhead and roped through the mid section. Felt good to get some solid waves again. Tomorrow, and Sunday, loo quite promising. No need to drive 4 hours to hit slush bumps. I'll wait for the snow next week and tour pow or corn.

Some pics form back in February.... (parenting eats up a load of my time)

Every once in a while you've gotta cover your head up just to stay sane.

Yup, there is my stroller. Beach day with the kiddo.

We get a fly by even in NorCal.

Across the cove was where the real show was.

Or the shack show.

Way more, and words at the wavestoke blog

Fuuuuuuucking fun today. Smallest of the last four with fading long period. Down to 12s or so, and head high ish. Bowly bowls on the ledge. Fun, playful things with a touch of juice. Been a fun weekend around here. And it may snow soon. I hear winter is coming.

Looks awesome Ottime!