Page 142 of 224 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5588
    Thanks for the TR Atrain - that looks sick! Looks like I'll have to try and get down there some day soon.

Non-surfing GF, so I guess we'll have to go north to surf those points *yawn*

Dead flat in Orange County today. Norcal looks like it is pumping though, the Ocean Beach San Francisco cam looks like it is going off.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

It was pumping up here this past week. So much fun. South winds and storms. Looks liek this week's storms stick to the coast, so, basically fucking uo the surf and and dropping only a few feet of snow. Boo. Guess one can't complain much about just getting two feet, tho.

Rain didnt happen last night, and swell was definitely up this morning. Wild and messy at the beachbreaks, but the points were picking it up nicely.

Saw a big whale breaching over and over yesterday. Dolphins are sweet but the big guy stops you still. Full of awe.

And January. And surfing. All good vibes on that.

^^^had a pod of dolphins cross the reef I was surfing the other day. Estimating 50-70 beasts. They started showing, just as I was paddling back out after a wave, and saw another set approaching. Really did not want to be inside of them, so I tentatively crossed their line. Don't think I've ever seen that many all bunched together before. They were all taking turns rolling, breaching and playing. I agree the whale is a sweet thing to be in the water with, but this was pretty damn cool as well.

Finally got up the coast since the swell and weather arrived. It delivered. South flow was making for some cross up, but the juice was plentiful. Well OH to a few pushing DOH sets, long and fast. Hoping to get out there again tomorrow. Tuesday looks really good, but I doubt I have much of a window. Weather returns for Wednesday.

^yeah, been seeing many pics of mavs. Must have been big everywhere.

Today may be the best it's been in a long time back here. Clean offshore head high. My kid was very late for school

Got out yesterday for the first time in a while. Weather and pollution finally cooperated.

Fun session, but arms are jelly. I guess that's what happens when it finally starts snowing!

Me thinks Tahquitz might be in play this spring

Looking at the tram top cam, things look promising down there. How is the knee?

Gonna get out for the low tide west cliff session this evening. Hit the high tide at Scott's yesterday mornin as the new swell started filling in. About 10@19, but buoys were all over the place. Pushed the limits of my 6.6. It performed wonderfully. Things were solid out there with te bigger biggest sets pushing toward 15', with log period. It sure was fun to be out in the juice again. Been a few years since I've seen swell like that. Thank you El Niño.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Got out yesterday for the first time in a while. Weather and pollution finally cooperated.

Fun session, but arms are jelly. I guess that's what happens when it finally starts snowing!
    Sometimes the poo barrels help you get all matrix yoga style in the tubes to avoid the lip in the face

my brother flying high this morning after a 400 yard overhead ride at turkey town.

I'm sure it was something compelling, but moving on to something more interesting than la douche chatter. Surfed some knee to waist (okay, was actually a bit bigger, but just for old time sake) today. Super clean. First day in a while that it has be sub OH. Almost relaxing. Sunshine was nice to boot. More swell arriving overnight and conditions look great the next few days.

Jajaja I'd be jealous too if I was stuck at home with a bad haircut.

Really tiring but anyway. Size back up today around here. It was solid this morning with lots of water moving. One of those days that it felt good to touch solid ground at the end.

More swell for the OC this week. Surfline is calling south OC 4-7 on Friday with at least green conditions. I might be able to leave early on Friday and get an afternoon session at Uppers. I won't be here this weekend, I will leaving at 4 am on Saturday to be up in Mammoth hopefully getting pow on Sunday, but it would be nice to get good waves on Friday and good snow this weekend. I love California.

There has been swell almost every day for quite a while now. I have not been out all that much other than last weekend, as I have been at Mammoth a lot, but it is great to get a day at Baldy on Saturday and a day at Uppers on Sunday. Hopefully this winter I will surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon. I have not done that yet but it is on the list.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

It was massive here on Oahu yesterday. Spoke to a lifeguard whose spent 20+ years on the beach said yesterday was biggest he ever seen waves here on west side. He was pretty clear hasn't been on Makaha beach for every single giant swell, but if it was big at Makaha it was enormous on the north shore. Unfortunately the wind was bad and the chop on the waves was very big and no one was out. I was happy for him because he would had to go rescue them. He was on a jet ski and says it was way bigger than 30 foot on the face with 3 foot chop on the face !

Anyone have any reports about how big it was on the north shore of Oahu or Kauai?

Nope. But that swell is arriving here overnight. Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by iwoody808 View Post
    It was massive here on Oahu yesterday. Spoke to a lifeguard whose spent 20+ years on the beach said yesterday was biggest he ever seen waves here on west side. He was pretty clear hasn't been on Makaha beach for every single giant swell, but if it was big at Makaha it was enormous on the north shore. Unfortunately the wind was bad and the chop on the waves was very big and no one was out. I was happy for him because he would had to go rescue them. He was on a jet ski and says it was way bigger than 30 foot on the face with 3 foot chop on the face !

Anyone have any reports about how big it was on the north shore of Oahu or Kauai?
    So the chop was a surfable wave size!!! Wow! I wonder how much of this will filter down to socal. I will be in Mammoth again but I am curious as to how big Black's will get.

CDIP is 15.7'@20s right now on the Monterey Buoy. Wish I had more time to surf today. Should be a good afternoon for New Brighton.

I hope to be ok by then so hmu for sure, mellow is cool me thinks. surfs been good and got the first real turns, felt way better than just cruising. Need shackage soon, big round barrels are welcome

Sweet. Nurse it and build it. Turns are very nice. Today was nice for turns. Very nice. Felt like a lucky person this morning.

Swell swamped town yesterday, Except the harbor. That looked good. North might of been good, but I spent a lot of time paddling up there on Wednesday. And had my biggest getting caught inside of the season. After two duck dives, I just allowed them to push me in. Survival mode. A good lung work out. Today looked iffy at the western points, so went to NBs, and it was so much fun. Nice to get a day of swell in the sub 4' OH range.

Ott, do you ever surf Steamer's? I looked today and Surfline said 8-12+ with green conditions. Do you ever deal with that or are the crowds just too much? I know you like to go up the coast to the sharky spots but Steamer's on a day like today seems like it would be great.

Anyone else get some today...?

Occasionally. But there are other spots on west cliff that are better at that size.

I surfed Steamers a few weeks back. It was big at Middle Peak. Running 12' to 15' with some 18' sets. Got one of the best big waves of the season. I also surf Steamers when it is smaller, if conditions are poor up the coast. Today, most of west cliff was firing, so Steamers was not needed.

I surfed about a mile west of steamers today. A much better wave IMO. More hollow. More juice. And a reef to consider.
    Last edited by Ottime; 01-31-2016 at 12:17 AM.

More surf on tap for late this week into the weekend. I will be in Mammoth, but hopefully you guys will be able to get some. Socal is supposed to be solid and Norcal is supposed to be really big. The winds look like they will be good to.