Page 127 of 224 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 5588
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Been riding on the Solus Futures fin recently.
    I've got a set of these too but I generally just use the fronts with a set of QD2 trailers as a quad. It might have been the board but I was not a fan of the hatchet.

It took me a few sessions to enjoy the hatchet. Very pivoty. I do want to try then with a different center. The board mine are on is a 6.0, fairly hard railed squash. I doubt I'd ever enjoy the hatchet on a rounded tail. I like the idea of runnin them as a quad. Will need to try that when I one day buy a five plug groveler.

Dead flat and super hot down in the SB area.

Side note. I'm looking for a set of FCS quads...if you have any collecting dust, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Dead flat and super hot down in the SB area.

Side note. I'm looking for a set of FCS quads...if you have any collecting dust, send me a PM.
    I've got a full set of fcs k 2.1's i'd let go at a very friendly price. In great shape. One teeny weeny nick on one fin. Sanded smooth.

been a fun few weeks. some days bigger, some smaller. i've been getting in about 4 days a week. today was the smallest at about stomach to head. the biggest was about doubleOH. the most fun was a quite morning about head high, perfectly lined up and super hollow. very few wind issues other than a few days with s winds. loving this time of year.

now i am just starting to look forward for some juice. picking up my new 6.6 tomorrow to fill a hole in the quiver. hope to put that thing to the test soon.

Surf's been pretty fun this week. Surfline's "good" conditions yesterday PM at the cliffs had the crowds out in full force, and really it was just poor-fair with larger waves.

Switched my work to 7-4 so I have a good hour after work everyday, even once we get to that crazy early sunset time of 4:42 PM.

We'll see what this weekend holds. Looks like it may be fun tomorrow after the tide drops out!

Interesting. We never get earlier than 4:51. So much cooler. Today was fun. The extra lump quite the ledge quite. Things are looking promising for Sunday morning. Got the new 6.6 yesterday, fins in, and waxing later. Stoked to get some well overhead surf. This thing looks like it will be super fun as faces push up above 8 or 10 feet, and hold till I need to take out the 8'4". Maybe there will be a gap between the two, but maybe not.

One or two.

New board was fun. Can't wait for some clean, nicely lined up well OH for the morning. Hoping I am lucky.

Wait until the report says DOH with Good to Epic conditions Jtran, the zoo will be out in full force. Primarily cause it's one of the easier paddle outs in big conditions. Crowds on the cliffs, crowds in the water and cars lined up for a mile along SSC blvd to watch the action. Not to mention lifeguards having to do cliff rescues cause guys get in over there heads and go for one of the false exits, fun times. Few more weeks and the show should begin

I Promised to share some photos from my "got some "posting in September and here they are.
    My best surf trip ever. and some scenic shots, but i tried to stick with surfing shots in this thread. surfers are my gf and me and one guy who surfed very well in order to show the potential of the wave. So basically it's me kooking around, a bit of djungle, some guys getting cleaned up and one surf and one boat pic of my stoked wife who really fell in love with surfing because she did not have to compete for waves and could concentrate on getting and surfig them.

It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

My little one getting some on her first try at surfing.

^^^radness^^^
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Nice shots Subtle Plague!

Where was that? I know you might have mentioned before, but I must have missed it. I want to go. Particularly with the choices I have been making regarding surfing recently, either crowds or utter crap. I am really craving uncrowded quality waves.

It has been OK down here the last couple of weekends. Newport does not get as much NW and W swell as HB, but I have been getting West Newport chest high, which is enough for some fun. Thanksgiving was a bust, but there is more swell in the water now. Hoping to get out in just a bit here.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

^Nice pics both subtle plague and poser!
    Subtle...ya where is that trip? Looking tasty!

Last weekend had some solid juice up here. Surfed a wave I had never surfed before that I've wanted to for years. Juicy, big, steep, fast right point that only breaks on big swells. Almost got lost on the multiple logging roads and land owner deterring but ended up finding the thing. Very fun. Then the rest of the weekend surfed head and a half messy beach break. One wave out of ten was very, very good. Otherwise close out city.

Yesterday surfed in Vancouver. A once or twice a year rarity. It was waist high with chest sets. Little right hand point. Best surf I have ever had in the city. Was giggling it was so good. On a surf trip I would have said meh...but in the city it was all time. Wish there was more big wind storms!!

^^ driving to go mtn biking I looked down and saw the waves. Thought it may have been good. Awesome

Nice stoke gents. Those right look pretty damn fun. And love the first ride stoke.

Black Friday was a lot of fun here. OH to DOH+ up the coast, clean, nicely lined up and glassy. Really enjoyed the 6.6. The smaller waves were a few overhead, and the biggest few I grabbed were DOH, and that board just came alive at that size. Plenty of foam in it to paddle into the waves smoothly, before they ledged up. Crowd ranged from about 8, to maybe 20 plus when I left. Never really felt crowded, and smiles were plentiful. Can't wait for our next day like that. Better yet, can't wait for a run of swell and conditions like that.

ahm.. lets say it was somewhere in in the more remote regions of indo.

and ottime: the left does not really show its colours. at four foot (which we had only one set that day and everybody was cleaned up ) and glassy (which we had during the first session in the morning where nobody shot pics) it's the best wave I have ever seen live.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Banyaks/Sumatra? Don't hold out after all the questions. there are dozens of waves like that in various corners of Indo. At least in the little, little, slice I once hit. Probably a lifetimes worth in the archipeligo many with the same "crowds" or not much different (note: not where PMcPosers pick was taken). might spoil you for shitty onshore chop in a 5/6 though.

the banner spots had up to three charter boats on them sometimes. --> the wave where everybody is getting closed out in the pic is the banner wave of the area, but the wind was wrong. it is also supposed to be better when smaller.

and no i did not find a budget option......but I also managed to avoid paying for an expensive boat trip where frothing aussies would have thought: " what the hell is the kook doing on our boat ? "

I'll be back in the area and will check out simeulue in june.(whitsun?? or pentecost?? holidays.... I guess no one outside of europe knows these holidays) more low budget, but apparently no really world class waves. hopefully no crowds either. we'll see.

one more from the left. now just imagine it glassy and overhead and barreling and me in the inside getting the whole set on my head. I'll be back this august, i just have to save a few bucks. then ---> three months of my sabbatical indo and 2 or 3 weeks of that at the same place. btw. pray for a good winter 15/16 because I'll be back from indo in november

this is the left on a glassy overhead day
    Last edited by subtle plague; 12-17-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    even without the post before (or your reputation as a snob) giving the time of year + pictures of waves & clothes + pictures of jungle& terrain & relatively dry river + infrastructure (or lack) + sun/clouds gives a good idea.

BCS yesterday with the filled in nw. today should be similar if the sun would just get up already .

Heh,
    I'm not a surfer and knew exactly what country those pictures were taken in, but, well, yeah...

And Hugh is correct, kuta beach in front of the hard rock is not uncrowned after about 7am.

Unrelatedish...how does one jump the gap from waist high longboard stuff? Just grab a shorter board and try? I tend to be in Bali every 90 days or so spending a day or two surfing and would like to give a shot at something a bit bigger.

how big are you talking? no need to ditch the longboard if you're comfortable on it. you'll get into waves earlier and paddle back out faster. if it's bigger beach break with no deep spots to paddle out thru, you may have a bit of trouble getting out.