Page 138 of 224 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5587
    South of Half Moon bay these past 4 days have been fun....endless....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Ha! I don't think numbnuts rog can even take a pic with his phone! He surfed last night and this AM in Maine. Yesterday morning was it in NH. Today is so nice and clean, just a hair smaller. I'm a loser and kook surfing vicariously thru my boys.

NH was great for the last 2 mornings. Back to being flat by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Calling Strawjack & Rog...It would appear ME is going off, take pictures and post them

Rog, just create an alias, no one will mind
    Rog couldn't not give himself away even if he worked really really hard. OTOH, if he stayed aways from the rest of the swamp, he might be able to last a a while hiding in here.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    South of Half Moon bay these past 4 days have been fun....endless....
    Yes it has. Nothing stellar, but, yes, fun. And south swell has returned to being dominant. Today was a fun head high ish. Lots of little barrels made it funner. Looks like various SW pile on top of each other until we maybe get a solid little 260^ from O. Thanks Obama. And then O shift NW for Sunday, and into early next week. Thinking of a few spots that might turn on from this thing. Shacks please.

All these pics are of my youngest. His friend took them. My oldest was around between classes this week also, but no pics of him.
    CowHampshire. He is 6' for wave reference.

^^nice

Those are nice and up close. The Wall? Looks like a plenty fun session.

Not the wall. Top secret little right Even Rog doesn't know about this one.

Well, la rog has given up on NH for the grander state to the north.

A buddy of mine I grew up surfing with had a bunch of secret spots in NH he and his buddy surfed. That was about ten years ago. Life, and recovery, has him not in the water so much these days. When he does get out, it tends to be north of York, and only because another buddy of mine drags him out.

A nice run on surf starting on the west coast, and my parents will be out for five days to visit. Perfect timing. Usually when the child care shows up the surf is flat and the snow is firm (or not there). It will be nice to get a moderate swell with clean morning conditions and actually be able to time my paddle outs. Here is hoping that the black hole will open up on this swell Saturday.

i spotted the Rog One at his home break tues and weds, it was good.

^I heard. Nice

Chest high at punta de mita today. Had the place to ourselves around lunch but it got a little busier in the afternoon. Super fun day and cool town.

It has not sucked in The OC

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

^damn that looks schweett!

Solid yesterday. Solider this morning. Welcome back swell.

I'm having a slow day here in Krui today so here are some pics from the last 9 weeks in Indo.
    Sumatran Islands mostly.
    beng Bengs a rather mellow wave. But one of the few that like the southern devil winds.

Hideaways was a bit more ahm challenging. ....well lets be honest it was fucking scary at 5foot+ But i managed to get a set wave from the crowd ( I'mnot in this photo though ).

big Swell in the Banyaks means Dindos starts working(at half the size). Look how inviting it is with onshore. Glassy and offshore it is my absolute favourite wave so far.

Fun fun fun.... so predictable and perfect and it starts barreling at 4 foot (but this happes probably 3 times a year considering the swell size needed.)
    THis is the right on the other side of the bay. Fun UNTIL 4 foot and then it gets pretty heavy.

With this kind of backdrop the walk to the spot on the mentawais ist fun as well.

you end up here another fun and easy Indo Wave. Pistops.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 10-11-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

^very nice!
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Nice shots Subtle Plague. Some of those look really fun.

Fun yesterday down at Trestles. I surfed the zone between Cotton's and Uppers, and had a blast. Most of the bigger ones, which were 1-2' overhead, were walling up, but the head high medium ones were sometimes peaky. I went on alot of close outs, but got 5-6 that were really really fun, just lined up all the way across the inside. I surfed from 2 to 445, and was pretty spent after. It was smooth the whole time, so wind was never a problem. The water was in the low seventies. It really is tough to argue with Trestles on days like that. I hope everyone else got some.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

It's becoming a job at this point

Oh shit, a double surf stoke post

I know what you are saying..."how does he get all those crisp clear close up shots?" Magic my friends, magic

Yawn

Awww lil scotty feels left out

It's been fun down here in SD too. Was in Baja at Las Gaviotas last W-F, got the beginning of the swell there, and then caught the tail end in SD.

PW or anyone else - I'm heading down to Baja again 10/23-10/25 if you're interested. Potentially camping at La Fonda 23rd, Shipwrecks 24th, back north 25th - may end up just staying north of Ensenada though.

Enjoy checking in to this thread a couple of times of week. Been trying to get down to Encinitas/South OC area once a month from Salt Lake for the past couple of years. Just haven't posted, but am always looking for people to get out with when I'm in town. Anyway, like Jtran, was down in the Las Gaviotas area this past weekend - mostly at Raul's. Showed up Friday afternoon and the big sets were DOH, spitting, close-outs with offshores. Swell mellowed a bit on Saturday and Sunday to OH - 2' OH with no winds. Biggest waves I've personally ever been out in and had a blast! According to Surfline, looks like the swell is forecasted to last as far as the eye can see. Should be back down 11/6-12. Cheers!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    PW or anyone else - I'm heading down to Baja again 10/23-10/25 if you're interested. Potentially camping at La Fonda 23rd, Shipwrecks 24th, back north 25th - may end up just staying north of Ensenada though.
    I might be able to swing that, I will get in touch.

Still pumping