Page 8 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I like to wear a cheap moncler jackets,moncler jacket men looks very stylish and gives a protection during winter. moncler jackets is the one of my favorite clothes to wear. It is very comfortable with me. I think we have to use this kind of moncler coats.

Ah, sounds like good times.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Anyone check out manresa-moss recently? I'm wondering how the beach is looking with the NW SW

I've not seen it but heard that Moss was pretty nice yesterday morning. Not sure how much of the south is making it in there, but a 10@12 usually does well if the bars are set up. And it did rain. Which also means the water quality may be an issue. You like hep?

Thanks Ottime. Looks like I'll be staying near home this weekend instead. Don't like the hep, but I do like the (less crowded) beaches! I just haven't had a good a-frame day down there since last year. Went two weeks ago and the only things that showed were nice 300 yd closeouts.

Walked the lane this morning. Twice. Uncrowded (7-18 peeps total) from 9:15 to 10 this morning. Decent, chest to head high fun waves. Plenty to go around and many that were missed.

Went by again at noon. Say 40-50 in the water along the point. Still some waves, but maybe not as good as earlier. It was funny, while I was strolling and shooting I kept hearing dudes say how they were going to paddle out when the tide dropped because it would get better. I think they all did paddle out.

Pics at 11. Hope the winds don't get too bad and I can visit a mile tonight.

Edit for pic. The miles were interesting. Had fun at three all by myself for 30 minutes. Then 10 folks showed up. Guess they were not having the 35 folks at the four.

Anyway. The lane was looking fun at 9:30

Being sunny, dudes were taking advantage of this section to find some shade.

Lots of cut backs as well.

okay. off to get some morning turns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lane Surf_20111007_018.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	101153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lane Surf_20111007_025.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	101154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lane Surf_20111007_002.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	724.4 KB 
ID:	101155  
    Last edited by Ottime; 10-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Mmmmmmmm. Combo.

Little combo day today

Wind looks like it dropped down and incoming tide, round 2

Thought about round 2 but gonna hit it early am again instead. Had fun this morning.

Well goodbye, California boys. It's been a great summer and mahalo for the education. Look for me next year at Launiupoko, sponging it up.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Have a great winter SheRa. I will be looking for you to post up the goods in the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Down in BCS for almost 3 months, some nice tropical swell arrived this weekend. Anyone else aqui??

I had my best session of the year yesterday/today. Just two of us out, glassy, beautiful glow of SF in the distance, and a nearly full moon. Super peaceful and surprisingly warm - I should have stayed out longer.

Does it count as two days if you surf from 11pm to after midnight?
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Surfed DMJs this morning. Waist to shoulder high, clean until about 11am.

Gotta love that civi pass I have to MCB Pendleton. Expires 2016! Those heated showers are the tits......
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    I had my best session of the year yesterday/today. Just two of us out, glassy, beautiful glow of SF in the distance, and a nearly full moon. Super peaceful and surprisingly warm - I should have stayed out longer.
    Last night was beautiful! We walked the beach right near golden gate park at sunset. Actually walked a couple of hours in the park and around the city streets for a long time too. Magical evening. Big moon. I love San Francisco.

Oh hey, if you haven't eaten dim sum at koi palace, doooooo it! Been there twice now and feel like I'm in China. So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Have a great winter SheRa. I will be looking for you to post up the goods in the next few months.
    Thanks. I'm going to try to ski technical for PSIA this winter. Lots and lots of bumps. But I know powder fever will hit. Sure I'll be off to Utah repeatedly once Feb rolls around.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Well goodbye, California boys. It's been a great summer and mahalo for the education. Look for me next year at Launiupoko, sponging it up.
    California is losing some coolness, glad you enjoyed!

Last night was beautiful! We walked the beach right near golden gate park at sunset. Actually walked a couple of hours in the park and around the city streets for a long time too. Magical evening. Big moon. I love San Francisco.

Welcome to my world. The world of red bull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OB-north.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	426.3 KB 
ID:	101319  

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Welcome to my world. The world of red bull.
    Nice!

I was staying about at Judah and La Playa. That must be the biggest beach I've ever seen. Yesterday it was raining but I didn't care. Rode my bike for a couple of hours in the park, went to Japanese garden, then rode along the beach for a few miles, completely shivering and soaked through. Could barely see the water through the rain across that huge expanse of sand, but it's the nearest I'll get to the Pacific for several months. Miss it already.

I think I might like San Francisco better than any other city. So fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity POW View Post
    California is losing some coolness, glad you enjoyed!
    Thanks.

I'll be back. San Diego next Mayish to see my mom.
    Henry David Thoreau

^^^ Enjoy your winter. If you are still around in the morning, check out the ocean. We should be seeing some 10@17 around sunrise. OB will have some big sets. Fort Point could be showing as well. I'd even imagine Mavs will be moving a bit.

Buoy 89 (tillamock) is 21@16, 59 (CA) is 15@15. Wednesday should be fun.

I'm in Cupertino, paying my respects to Steve Jobs and visiting a friend. Off to Tahoe shortly. Enjoy the waves.
    Henry David Thoreau

yes. season opener for west cliff.

HO BRAH! Getting ready to paddle out OB and get some o this double OH juice.

Nice!

I was staying about at Judah and La Playa. That must be the biggest beach I've ever seen. Yesterday it was raining but I didn't care. Rode my bike for a couple of hours in the park, went to Japanese garden, then rode along the beach for a few miles, completely shivering and soaked through. Could barely see the water through the rain across that huge expanse of sand, but it's the nearest I'll get to the Pacific for several months. Miss it already.

I think I might like San Francisco better than any other city. So fine.
    Glad you had an awesome time! Let me know if you'll be in the area again and you're free to use my quiver of boards. I also am on La Playa on the northern end

View from my house after a nice surf yesterday. This swell snuck under the radar; not in the forecasts, didn't show up in the swell models, no other surfers out (this is in our fair capital city), but if you'd bothered to check the charts 3 days ago....

^^^^ that looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    HO BRAH! Getting ready to paddle out OB and get some o this double OH juice.
    Bet there was some juice up there. Did s.p.c. paddle out on the 6'8" single fin? It would be a good day to pay dues.

Had a window at sunset and got up to 3mile. Found a few long waves. But I'd be cheating if I called it DOH. Still plenty OH and fun having to paddle back out several hundred yards after two waves. Have another window in the morning and hope to be climbing down some cliffs and tucking under a few ledges.

That wave looks tasty island bay

Nice SheRa, I'll try to order up some waves to coincide with your trip to SD. If ya don't mind, can u order some snow in CO around the New Year? I'll be visiting the inlaws and hopefully poaching some snow around that time

Work messed with my surf schedule today. Sheet glass all day. Daddy duty after work so no sunset session, so I decided to bring my daughter down to the beach since it was still around 80 degrees around 5pm.

I drooled the entire time, Sunny, 80 degrees, chest to head high glassy low tide A-frames at the beachy. It looked really fun, oh well maybe tomorrow