Page 157 of 224 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5587
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And it is tilted a little bit. Look at the horizon. Not sure why the photog did that as it is plenty steep without a tilt.

That crew will have fun if the storms stop. Otherwise they should hit the snow. It has been nuking.
    Yeah, tilted a hair, but he's in the water, so expected. Regardless, we know that is a large vertical drop!

They'll have fun no matter what! Overhead here today, so they got a warmup in this morning.

Very fun out there today. Slabby slabs. Tomroorw looks even better. Then another five plus days of rain starting mid week.

Yesterday my buddies joined me for the big year 58 B day surf. Fun times and us old doods still can rip it up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Surfer dudes .jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	198635
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So very good out these past few days. This morning was the topper. Super clean swell and surface, light offshore, sun, 75F and pumping mid long period well overhead perfection. And no one around. Just a few regulars. So lucky to call this place home.

Tomorrow looks good then the next snow maker.

Taking a break from skiing for a couple weeks and hanging with my Pops in SD. Fun to be back in my old home town, especially with the stretch of weather right now. A week ago I was stuck on the side of HWY 395 for ten hours trying to get from Reno to Mammoth in a raging blizzard. This week it's been 70+ degree days with unlimited visibility. From my folks house in Point Loma today you could see
    San Clemente Island 65 miles off shore to the West and a snow capped San Gorgonio Mtn 95 miles to the North. As for the surf this week, its ranged up to head high with clean glassy conditions.

Name:	IMG_2051.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	779.8 KB 
ID:	198761
    South Garbage yesterday, Sunset Cliffs. 2-3 ft and glassy all day.

Name:	IMG_2052.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	752.0 KB 
ID:	198762
    North Garbage had a few more people with slightly longer rides. Not pumping by any means, but fun to get back in the water for the first time in awhile.

ESS,

That stretch of the 395 must have been rough in the last storm. I heard it was tough from Mammoth to Bishop, let alone above Mammoth.

Nice shots of Sunset Cliffs by the way. I have never been down there, but I'm going to try next summer. I don't think I've surfed south of PB in the continental US. I've surfed Baja but not in quite a while.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Snow caps are cool. I've had a view from my kitchen window all week of the Santa Lucia peaks all white. Almost tempted to go hike.

My son was north of town and Nat Y. was in the water. He was pretty stoked!

In other news, Rog's wife took a cool pic of the sunset in Costa Rica. Unfortunately this kook was the way

Nice photos ESS, let me know if you're still in town and want to bag a few waves tomorrow or Saturday AM. New swell filling in tonight

Spent the last 2 weeks in Japan skiing pow... was headed to the beach house in cr but it's flat...just bought a ticket to oahu.

Fun surf today but chilly warmup session. 82 degree overhead emerald green shacks in the forecast, yup.

PS - happy bday to Liv2ski, surfing with ur bros is a good way to celebrate

Picked up a used step up today with a new to me Vee bottom between the side fins (like a nub or a bump where it's usually concave) then to a mini double concave to the tail, rounded pin, barrel slayer me hopes
    Last edited by Piggity; 02-04-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    Nice photos ESS, let me know if you're still in town and want to bag a few waves tomorrow or Saturday AM. New swell filling in tonight
    Hey Dude,
    Just catching up on the latest forum post's and I saw your message. Thanks for the invite. Between driving my Dad to doctors appointments and my GF arriving from Reno yesterday, I don't have much free time during the up coming week. Hoping to be able to squeeze in a couple quick sessions here and there. If things go well with my Dad this week I'll be heading back up to ML next Tues or Weds to free ski for a couple days, and then work for the President's week. Hit me up if your around and are looking to take a few runs. I work and ski out of Canyon Lodge.
    Cheers ESS

Had a great session at Garbage Saturday. 4-6 and glassy . Just loads of fun. Got crowded around 10:45 so I split.
    Im hoping to go out both days this coming weekend if its over the shoulder or bigger. Always willing to meet up.

Pm me.

Sounds good, traveling now so maybe in few weeks. Hope everything goes well for your dad 🍻

Few warm water shacks this morning, buddy snaked me on what should have been the barrel of the day as we both pulled under the hood, made me nervous being so close behind him over shallow coral so pushed through the back and watched him exit in the channel 😏

The ocean is a mess up here. Might have a window tomorrow between systems, but doubtful. Local weather is looking good next week; just need to look at surf forecasts.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Saw this mavericks shot on fb and has to cross post it.
    Hopefully not a repeat.

Oh Lord Buddha in heaven!!! He made that wave?

#onlyasurferknows

Name:	IMG_2413.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	199604

Somehow there's a ON3P sticker in the carribean with this view

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    Sounds good, traveling now so maybe in few weeks. Hope everything goes well for your dad 🍻
    Thanks bro. I appreciate that.

Name:	FullSizeRender 66.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	896.5 KB 
ID:	199895
    Evening session today at OB North Jetty. Fun 2-3 ft rights. Low tide drained some of the energy out of the surf, but the evening glass off made for clean conditions. Recent rains have made for a good sand bar development at the river mouth, just don't swallow any water. Took this pic just as the sun went down looking back towards the OB pier. As much as I'm looking forward to getting back to ML and Tahoe, it's hard to leave this.

Yawn.... bored with the islands.. headed to spain and italy to ski.maybe after go surf in morocco n get some work done on my teeth. Then meet my chick in may in nice.

Costa del sol spain had a sick wind swell the last 4 days... easy head high to double over head.... and the chics are hot n the food is cheap... life is good

I got some tacos today.

Name:	tacos.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	897.4 KB 
ID:	203457

Oh yeah and I got a couple nice rides at La Lancha on a borrowed hypto. The wave is pretty soft and went back out an 8' Stewart which was pretty fun. Surprisingly not crowded if you don't count the surf schools on the inside. Not surprisingly is my lack of surf fitness after skiing all winter long and I was out of gas after a couple hours; hence the tacos.

Looks like a little bump in the swell Wednesday-Thursday, nothing big but it should be pretty fun.

That is how I found the crowd there. And pretty soft. The left got a little bowly when I was there, but only showed occasionally, and when it did, it was pretty short. There are also a few lefts on the reef east of La Lancha. I never paddled out, but one day there was a nice wave breaking over there in the morning. Seemed like the afternoon breeze broke it down more than the La Lancha proper.

The Lane was fun yesterday. Decent size, point and middles had waves, with middle peak typically lining up into indicators. Some crowd, but plenty shifty to keep us all in line. Funny how when the north coast shuts down, I know half the crowd out there. Looks like I'll be out there today. Spring winds killing it out of town. Still, nice to see solid winter well in the last days of March.

Up in the snow now, but last Sunday/Monday was as good as it gets at NBs for early April. Sunday was the bigger of the two, with sets pushing DOH, and lined up for several hundred yards. It was crazy how far you would travel in just a few short seconds. It was, as always, fast. Not its super hollow self, but hollow enough to duck inside a bit.

I heard Swift was also quite good. And that it stayed windless enough up north for Scotts on Sunday.

Nice solid sizable spring swell. Wind kept blowing on the offshore buoys keeping it less than perfect up north, but with plenty of size wrapping into town, it was not a big issue.

Middle peak was pushing the 15-20' range near sunset on Sunday. Long wait in between those sets, but they were fun to watch. I second seasioned on the 6.6 and was able to get some Slot bombs, but had not nearly enough board to tackle outside Middles. Wish I had grabbed the 8.4, even to just justify sitting out there. I hung for a few sets, realized I was way under gunned and sat on the inside, grabbing a few and dodging sets.