Page 153 of 224 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5589
    Turkeytown doin it's thing.... not big not small ..
    Offshore and water in the low 80s.

Bring your boardshorts,and leave your city life doings at the airport.

Real talk. Never surfed without a wetsuit, and a 3/2 is the thinnest I've gone.

Three days into a week plus run. Surf looks like it will pick back up tomorrow. Jack straw, tell ur boy to watch it first Fri-Mon. Should see some solid swell in town and plenty of current building.

So much fun at the ledge.

Head high for days at the 2nd longest left in the world.

Yeah, but you are there. At least you claim. And for some, living the dream includes family. And shit besides just surfing all day every day. But you wouldn't get that because you think your way is the only way and berate all who choose otherwise. That is what makes you one of the biggest douches around. At least you revel in it. Now I'm done responding to the troll. I feel like I just wasted my time. But I get to surf again tomorrow at home so all is good. Been seeing a bunch of old friends from the past few decades the past three days. Good times. The stoke can't be tarnished.

Anyone have beta on surfing tahoe? Figured with all this wind blowing through would be a good time to tick off one of my surf "bucket list" items.

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Head high for days at the 2nd longest left in the world.
    Glad to hear you are having fun.

You seem to to enjoy putting down the rest of us who don't travel the world to surf and ski and choose relationships over what you have. What I wonder is why? If things are so great for you shouldn't you be in a perpetual state of bliss? Why go on to the interwebbz and put down others who don't do what you do? That is not typically a sign of a happy well-adjusted person. When I lived in Tahoe the older guys I saw fell into two categories: The perpetually stoked who were glad they never went corporate, and the bitter jerks who were pissed about the fact that they would never own a home in Tahoe. Some of the bitter guys insisted on putting down the corporate weekenders, and I think it might have been jealousy. They had made a choice they claimed made them happy, but they were obviously miserable. The perpetually stoked guys never bothered with putting down the corporate weekenders because they were happy with their own lives. What do you gain by telling us we suck? I'm just curious. If your life is so great and you are so happy why bother? I guess I'm asking rhetorical questions.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Another fuuuun day yesterday. Looks like this current swell should get down south a bit. Storm came in last night bringing rain and south winds (which fucks up 95% of the breaks around here). Creeks are starting to flow and the lagoons will spill for the first time since last winter. Town will be bacteria soup. I need a test and focus back on the home projects anyway.

New John John find are delivering what I need. The Solus are fun in small, lumpy or weak waves, but required a light touch on bottom turns once the swell kick in.

More on tap for next week as the weather passes. Victory at sea today

bumped into a surf buddy earlier this week. He said he had some pics of me from last winter and ended up emailing them over. About a decade ago my room mate busted his elbow, could not surf, and shot some video of me for a few months. I learned back then that I held my hand like a gun, with the pointer finger out, and that I tended to point toward where I was pushing with my feet. Turns out I still do it. From last January on a 4-6' day at the sidewalk.

Goofy!

Hear it's pretty good...got the text this morning. He's heading up to half moon tomorrow hoping to see some action. His bud lives there.

That's a nice shot Ott. Love the style. Just had lunch with a buddy who got out this morning in HB. He said it was head high and clean with good shape. I can't get out today but hopefully tomorrow.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Well I figured out where to surf in Tahoe and had a fun session this morning! Rain and water as clear as anything in Bali...just with a 5/4 needed here :P
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjICTngtgY/

^ Well done, glad you got some. On my surf bucket list as well. Tahoe Vista?

^^Nice pic OTT, we all have our little body quirks, pretty cool expression of all our uniqueness. The wave reminds me a bit of how today looked down here.

The queen was still sleeping, but the paid lot came to life for the first time since last winter. Consistent 4-6', clean and pretty, looooooooong rippable walls. Holy fuck YEAH! One of the days where everyone is scoring, no frustration, more waves than crowd, and just stoke on every face.

Someday I will be able to just scream down the line, lip exploding, tearing carves across the face. Lots of the on show all morning. But for now, simply satisfied by one of the best rides of my humble surfing life, carve after carve after carve.

Good week ahead. Good times for all.

Got a couple of fun mornings in. Yesterday south side of OB pier and today at Sunset Cliffs. Tide was high but the swell was solid. Lots of water moving around Felt like winter. It was a blast

The last two mornings have been fun at Delmar. Inconsistent head high sets before the high tide shuts it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Back from a couple of weeks in El Salvador. Wow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_9223.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	190262

^^^That looks fun and warm.

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    ^^Nice pic OTT, we all have our little body quirks, pretty cool expression of all our uniqueness. The wave reminds me a bit of how today looked down here.

The queen was still sleeping, but the paid lot came to life for the first time since last winter. Consistent 4-6', clean and pretty, looooooooong rippable walls. Holy fuck YEAH! One of the days where everyone is scoring, no frustration, more waves than crowd, and just stoke on every face.

Someday I will be able to just scream down the line, lip exploding, tearing carves across the face. Lots of the on show all morning. But for now, simply satisfied by one of the best rides of my humble surfing life, carve after carve after carve.

Good week ahead. Good times for all.
    Love the feeling of a truly memorable wave. And everyone scoring waves.

Storm is hitting us today. Stay away from that out flow. Here is another one from that roll last January. Still have the finger doing its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Goofy!

Hear it's pretty good...got the text this morning. He's heading up to half moon tomorrow hoping to see some action. His bud lives there.
    Any word from him? Wind was lightish this morning, but it was full gale by this afternoon. Doing the family thing all weekend. Conditions improve next week

Now that's a nice shot. Looks like a ski carve in deep
    Pow

Quote Originally Posted by stanmarsh View Post
    ^ Well done, glad you got some. On my surf bucket list as well. Tahoe Vista?
    Hit Carnelian Bay (that photo), Burnt Cedar Beach, and Sand Harbor.

Carnelian Bay way on the west definitely had the most lined up of those three, but yesterday at Sand Harbor was the biggest. Had one set come in that had 2 overhead waves..then lightening which promptly had us get out of the water.

Which also checked off "Surfing in Nevada" :P

OH in NV no less. Nicely done.

Watching Scotts right now. Storm has passed. Seas still jumbled this morning. Looks DOH, with some gems in the mix. The non gems look like they want to beat your ass. Maybe this is a work morning. Last week was so good on the stretch of coast it might be hard to get in this week what with less than perfect conditions.

Downloading one at a time. I like this one as well. I feel like a lot of the waves around here can require you to just wait for it.

Hoping tomorrow is more lined up. Decided against the work out today and sealed grout instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NB0116C.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	862.2 KB 
ID:	190392  
    Last edited by Ottime; 10-17-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Any word from him? Wind was lightish this morning, but it was full gale by this afternoon. Doing the family thing all weekend. Conditions improve next week
    Messy 20'ers apparently.

I see Tyler Fox got the invite to the Mavs. Do you know him?

Happy to be around MA for Nicole's leftovers. Nice to surf a spot down the street from where I grew up-conditions haven't lined up for my timing in years, so it was nice to check that one off the list! Nice little groundswell with some fast rides and an opportunity to see the potential for a few other places I've been 'dreaming' of surfing for years.