Page 125 of 224 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5589
    just another head high day in pavones,,,, bring your boardshorts, water in the low 80s

What’s up fellas, been a while...Did some traveling this summer but was able to snap this shot in the great county of Orange.
    Enjoy

heard I was getting sued or some shit too
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Miss you PW

Did some one get all butthurt because he acted like a total douchbeg and then got called out? God damn fucking meth cook perverts always talking about how they love seeing surfers in their boardshorts.

Ahem-------------Lifes better in board shorts -you meant to say.

pavones house is closed as of today for the low season,, waves are still firing but business is slow,,, opening back up dec 1st.

Fuck yeah. Not quite as good as the day a few weeks ago, but the 4 hours of glassy thump thump and a crowd ranging from just me and up to three other made for a nice day.

Had my best session in a while at my fav. south swell spot in SD county yesterday. Stayed glassy all day, so hit it at the right tide and didn't have to worry about the wind being on it. Def. a bit of a crowd, but I got a ton of waves. Love October in CA!

Yup. October has been head high to overhead daily. And afternoon temps have ranged from the mid 80s to upper 90s. Today looks like it will be chilly with only a high of 82F forecast. Been a fun run of combo swell around here. Just ordered a step up board and feeling stoked about the coming season. Starting to feel like we are going to be in for a good season this year.

Stoked for you guys over there

Even more stoked? This mornings almost 12'@17s was a blast. Dusted the cobwebs off the big board and took it out for a pre dawn spin. Stroked into my first just as the sun was coming up. Thick and tall, just like we orders. An hour later the crowds started to show, I fucked up a take off, got drilled, and when I came up, I was way inside of the step up set drilling the entire line up. Just did the hyper ventilate thing, dove under a few, and let them pull me in further. Called it a morning. Perfect timing, as when I made it to the sand, there were another 15 lined up to start their paddle out. Big arena can handle the crowds, but fuck that. Pretty much pumped all day today. My son and I played in his biggest shore pound ever. The bigger ones were full on 8' sand pounding monsters. Oh, and the tail on the beach today was amazing and out all over the place. Nice new fashion trend going on here on the central coast.

Surf was really fun down in the SB area. Doesn't hurt the water is still 70 degrees...no rubber required.

Very nice. Wish I could road trip these days. This morning's window was disappointing. Lots of lump. Still some size, but even more disorganized than Sunday.

Fun weekend of surf. Saturday by the pier, building swell and Octoberfest going on on land, so was able to surf to some nice tunes.

Sunday did an AM session and a PM. Arms are now about to fall off. Swell was about head high here, maybe bigger today, didn't check.

Yay fall!

Did a one day strike mission to the island for that big west swell yesterday. Did not disappoint. Zero winds. Well overhead glass. After a summer of beach breaks getting back on a pumping point break was revolutionary. Love, love, love good surf, even when my feet were completely numb coming out. My last ride was pure stoke bliss. El nino normally equals an active north pacific swell season right?

Yes. Even a weak one. As for snow, that stuff is always in the cards. Warm water fuels storms, so that is good. What ever the science, things are off to a nice start. Looks like a more northerly swell should begin filling in mid week here, and there is a fairly nice looking model this morning with storms of differing degrees lining up for the next ten days. As stated above: Yay Fall!

Amen to yay fall!

Horseshoes today was looking great. Impossibles as well.

Where is whitedildoboardshorts with the stoke pictures?

first DP of the "winter" season for me this morning. surfed my local spot solo for an hour. clean conditions, but kinda meh waves. size really dropped from yesterday evening's sunset session to this morning.

did get to try my new wetsuit out i just picked up during Quicksilver's 40% off sale. Forget the model, but originally $240, dropped to like $180 or something, then got an additional 40% off. I think the suit came to about $100 with free shipping.

And how was the suit?

Surf was funner this morning, with yesterday's south winds subsiding, offering cleanish conditions at the slab i prefer. Had a 50 minute window of water time. Got a bunch of waves, but right in the middle of the session I hooked into a fast, walled, lined up overhead beast. Just what I have been craving. Then paddled back and grabbed two more without ever quite stopping paddling. While a level less awesome than the first, those were my three waves that made the session.

Almost chose a more protected point and sure glad I did not. Waves aside, our crowd of two is way better than the 12 or so I suspect were fighting at the nearby point. And besides, slabs are way more funner.

Yay fall. More filling in this afternoon, and later in the weekend, with possibly a nice large long period west for late in the weekend.

Which spots you surfing most? Cliffs, pier, avalanche, stubs or dog jetty?

http://www.quiksilver.com/32mm-ignit...QYW100010.html - that's the wetsuit. Loved it. Warm, snug, but most of all hip color and look. JK. It was a bitch to take off though. I can't imagine what will happen when my hands are actually cold.

piggity - not to give any good beta away pesky's (walkable from my place) has been fun of late after not breaking for like 4 months straight. Fav spots on the cliffs are the high tide left (great session there sunday AM, ended up solo after the 5 guys that were out before me bounced), and bringing the log to Garbage when I'm lazy. Sorry to blow up your spot, Garbage surfers.

When we had that good run of souths a couple weeks back I spent a lot of time at the breaks south of Ladera, but I don't love the amount of people down there, even after the walk. I'm sure crowds will spread out when more spots start working too.

Pier has been good too - the side people don't go to, when the tide is too high to hit anything on the inside. I'm lazy and surf in the evening if I have the daylight so Avalanche is always way blown out.

Was up in Carlsbad at yellow house a couple weekends ago and I think that's still my fav. wave in SD when it's on. The water clarity was unreal too.

Cool, lived half block up from pesky's on Point loma ave back in the day. Used to crush sandwiches at seatrader after surfing. BLT, bag o chips and a drink...then back out surfing for round 2 and 3. Those were the good ole days.

9@11 delivered the enjoyment this morning. Thought I'd have a drive and a search to escape the crowds. Hit the usual ledge and surfed with two to five people for 2 plus hours with fun sized surf. Sure, it was a bit short on the period for the reef, but still some fun bowls to be had. With the amount of west in it, I imagine down south had something as well.

Going up to Santa Barbara tomorrow AM for the Phish shows at the SB Bowl Tues and Wed. nights. Bringing the board, wetsuit and boots, and hoping to at least get out Wednesday AM. Looks like there will be a bit of swell at that time too.

The only places I know of in SB are Rincon and Campus Point, both of which seem annoying for a non-local. I dug C Street in Ventura this summer when I surfed there, but I'm sure there's something closer to town that would be fun. Anyone care to PM me some beta on SB spots that would be fun to check out? It would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just read the water is still 70 in SB and Ventura. Wow. No boots.