103 42.56%
  • Marker F10

3 1.24%
  • marker F12

20 8.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

AT binding choice Poll

For me its freeride, Naxo or baron, going on my new megawatts. Choices....

From what I have read th naxos seem ok for sidecountry and dedicated, freeride as well, baron not so sure seems more inbounds where I just ride alpine anyways....
    naxos are a great deal, hmmmmmm
    Don't want second pair of boots so G3 and dynafiddle are out

Comments welcome. I have searched quite a bit and have seen good feedback on the freeride and Naxo. You give up some torsional integrity, but they tour well. Skiied the duke and did not really like the dead feeling with the plate.

thanks, may help my decision.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

naxos are a great deal because they dont make them anymore. for me the choices are dukes or dynafits.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

i got a pair of naxos last season, and was really impressed with their touring, compared to dukes, but the skiing was unbelievably bad on anything remotely hard. So bad that i lost all confidence on steep/exposed lines.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Considering the number of different Dynafit models available, it seems a bit odd to lump them all together.

Freerides for actual touring, Dukes for shorter stuff and resorty stuff. I've never tried Dynafits.

Considering the number of different Dynafit models available, it seems a bit odd to lump them all together
    Not being a hut tripping hippy, no offense, dynafit seems to be for a certain type of skier and really not for me, at least right now
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    i got a pair of naxos last season, and was really impressed with their touring, compared to dukes, but the skiing was unbelievably bad on anything remotely hard. So bad that i lost all confidence on steep/exposed lines.
    i had the same problem. loved how they toured, but hated how they skied. ended up parting out the setup, ehps and naxos, as i wasnt sure if it was the skis or the naxos. but from i have heard it was the naxos...
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Really have enjoyed my dukes.

Seems to fit me and what i do. I'm a big dude that skis mostly resort and a little side/back country

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Not being a hut tripping hippy, no offense, dynafit seems to be for a certain type of skier and really not for me, at least right now
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume that; my roommate rides dynafits on legend pro's and SHREDS. However, I can understand not wanting to buy a new pair of ~$500 boots to go along with your $500 bindings. They may be the holy grail for some folks, but christ they're fucking pricey.

BTW, you forgot an option on your poll: "I'd rather hike than ski garbage plastic bindings"

silverettas with plastic mountaineering boots yo!

Quote Originally Posted by dynodonkeyaltabird View Post
    ended up parting out the setup, ehps and naxos, as i wasnt sure if it was the skis or the naxos. but from i have heard it was the naxos...
    I did the exact same thing this past season and the EHP transformed. With naxos I liked it in soft snow and big arcing turns but not so much in tight or harder stuff.
    Slapped some Dukes on them this year and fell in love with the ski all over again, with the big difference that they handle everything I ski with ease.
    Sure Dukes don't got the best track record, but compared to the naxos (skiing wise) there ain't no discussion.
    And touring wise I'm feeling that the Dukes is much better at kick-turns and sidestepping, although the stride may not be as good. Overall, very happy and when the bent edge on my 07-08 EHP finally gives in, its going to be hard not to get one of the later models...

dynafit uber alles.
    They walk better, ski better and are way lighter than anything else.
    It always surprises me that there still are competitors on sale.

The Dynafit ST is a darn good binder, the FT 12 is also worthy. Buy the boots, on sale or proform, and some plates and swap them around.
    watch out for snakes

I would never trust my life on Dynashit. Marker f12 will become the best selling touring binder off this generation.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Tour on Wrekkers, but that was'nt an option.. I'm happy with having reliable bindings.
    A dyna-setup would be nice though.
    How does dynafit handle switch landings/riding?

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    Naxo's scare me to ski on anything hardpack. I like the idea of dynafits but atleast $750 for them and haven't really found a boot that I like yet. Dukes it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I would never trust my life on Dynashit. Marker f12 will become the best selling touring binder off this generation.

Picture from Fredrik Ericsson's K2 ski expedition. It is small, but you can make out the bindings if you squint.

Quote from Eric Hjorleifson: "This trip was an excellent trial run me on my new Dynafit boot/binding set up. I skied on the Titan and Vertical FT 12 binding the entire trip. Everyone including myself was blown away by the Dynafit's performance. I skied the Dynafit set up hard and had no problems with binding retention thats for sure. A light weight bomber touring setup that is strong enough to huck and charge on, the future is NOW."

You must be pretty bad ass!

But seriously, I'm curious why you think they aren't safe? Are you one of the folks who had mysterious prereleasing on the ST's or FT 12's? Did the toe rip out? If you have had a problem, what boot, binding, and skis were you using?

^yeah and Rick Armstrong had nothing but good things to say about the Quest 12. don't believe the hype, they are tech weenie binders for guys who like to go uphill fast. no way you can power the edge on a 105 waist ski with that crap. i'll sacrifice grams for downhill performance everyday.
    crab in my shoe mouth

^yeah and Rick Armstrong had nothing but good things to say about the Quest 12. don't believe the hype, they are tech weenie binders for guys who like to go uphill fast. no way you can power the edge on a 105 waist ski with that crap. i'll sacrifice grams for downhill performance everyday.
    Sweet stereotype. I must have hyped myself into thinking my dynafits have been reliable and ski great. I don't own a lycra speed suit for the ups either.

Yeah dynafiddles havent been on some of the largest peaks in the world or anything? Exposed lines? Yeah...they dont exist on the highest peaks...

Keep using trekkers...you'll pay for it eventually....

^keep drinking the Kool Aid. you're invested into it now, of course they rule.
    i'll say it again Marker f12 will be the best selling touring binder of this generation.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'm on the previous generation freerides, and I am large. When I flex the ski, they pop me out. The bar under the binding causes this. I hear they have fixed it, but if you are a big guy, skiing slack country and in bounds, don't go with the freeride.

Dynafits all the way. Tour farther, higher, and more easily. On the down they've performed just fine in all kinds of snow for me, not just pow. I weigh 200 lbs.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

^keep drinking the Kool Aid. you're invested into it now, of course they rule.
    i'll say it again Marker f12 will be the best selling touring binder of this generation.
    And marker has such a strong reputation for reliable non pre releasing bindings? Hmmmm interesting take..Have you seen the new Sallie offering for 2012? I have...marker doesnt stand a chance, but ill still be rocking dynas and it has nothing to do with "drinking the kool aid" they're a tested and reliable binder used all over the world. I dont see dudes in yurp, guides in particular, rocking marker thats for sure...

you must be a marker rep LOL

not a Marker rep, just a guy who likes to hear the heel piece snap with loud authority when i step in. there hasn't been a problem with pre release for years now. if you feel safe with the pins and holes and whatnot have at it. i've seen pics of you skiing you're a Jersey Joey.
    and really if you think guides in yurp are paying for their gear you're high. light rules over there, i don't give a fuck about grams. i want to feel fully locked in with a nice fat contact area.
    crab in my shoe mouth