Making a tube for tubing

I want to get out on some rivers that no rental companies offer services in... Anyone have a nice guide or source for the higher quality, durable tubes the rental companies use?

Soon the BC tubing forum is going to be bigger than ski/snowboard!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

we always just go to the car parts store and get a truck tire inner tube. they work great in the snow too

http://www.riversports.com/product_detail/926.html

This is what most commercial companies use. Pricey but bomber. Also nice because you don't get the chaffing you get from a rubber tube.

lately ive been rocking a 9 dollar "river rat" tube from walmart. it has worked quite nicely.

i paid $8 for a tube at the drug store. it has a back rest and cup holders!

Most of the time its too fucking cold but when it gets hot around here the youth put in and float down the Bulkley on pool toys from canadian tire & zellers ,there is a 45 gal drum at the take out which they thro all the dead pooltoys in ...I would get a real car or truck innertube which you could also use when it snows

Instead of flooting the relatively safe section higher up the river they float the moving water section ,last yr a girl went under a 50' log jam and the SAR guys were called ...she got beat up going thru but fortunatley she wasnt wearig a PFD so she flushed

I found a pool chair last year right opposite our play spot ...I wondered where the owner was ?

BTW , rope tied around the tube is nice to grab onto a slippery tube BUT don't ever tie a tube or anything to you
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.

A truck tire tube with a round piece of plywood tied in the center (to protect your ass from rocks at low water) always worked pretty good. the plywood also protects you from the valve stem if you point it down thru it.
    Make an extra to carry beer.

can this be the all-purpose tubing thread?

any experience tubing with a dog? brought my lab out on the river last weekend. there were shallow enough spots where he could walk, he's a pretty stron swimmer so he just fucked around in the water a lot of the time. but then he would get tired, and the water would be too deep, and he would act like a big baby and crawl up on my lap. on my tube. this was less than ideal as he weighs about 80 lbs. what about one of those tandem tubes- just give kingston his own half? should he have a doggy life vest?

where can you get a decent deal on nice big truck tire tubes?

Ebay seems a little scammy for this.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi