Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    anybody actually know what the issue with the MS battery is regarding "safety, quality, and performance"? Is there truly a safety concern, i.e. batteries leaking or igniting or something?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    anybody actually know what the issue with the MS battery is regarding "safety, quality, and performance"? Is there truly a safety concern, i.e. batteries leaking or igniting or something?
    If you charge it after midnight it goes into a cocoon and comes out evil and slimey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I left mine on the charger and forgot to unplug it before drumming at a buddies last night. Half expected the apartment to have burned down, but no... everything was fine. Anti-climatic, I know.

24 degrees out, toes frozen, snot running down my face...still had a blast on tonights ride. Our usual group of eight was down to only two of us tonight...pussies

In other news, I got 4 rides on the supposedly new Magicshine batteries from dapedaler on Ebay and still getting solid runtimes.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

A little FYI about how fun Night Riding is:

Night ski touring is just as fun. just got back from my magicshine's first foray into deep powder skiing and it worked out perfectly. 2000' of untracked.

the indvidual crystals sparkled like floating diamonds while I chased my friend. gave the term "cold smoke" a whole new meaning.

totally surreal. i'm hooked. night touring is for me. it's like flying only darker deeper and colder.

funfunfunfunfun

definitely 2nd that opinion, night touring in great conditions is awesome.

Next time leave a cameraman down below to capture the MagicShine ... this was just a dinky princeton tec light that wasn't needed to see (it was a full moon) but it made for a rad picture

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sick picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Bumpty bump. Rode Chimney Gulch after work yesterday and descended in the dark. Holy Tits of the Virgin Mary that was a blast!

(Magicshines bought last fall, no battery issues so far, although limited use and never plugged in to the charger for more than ~12hrs)

there are some new, affordable offerings out these days.

Magicshine has an XML w/ 1000 claimed lumens, supposedly the best throw. me likey.

BikeRay III would probably be good on the bars for spill, but i'm pretty happy with the MS1400 right now and all its shut-off and dimming options.

and Lupine has the new Piko with 750 lumens, very tempting, but at $320 it's still outta my price range probably.

decisions decisions.

night riding has become essential in all this heat we've had lately. and since i suck at getting up before dawn, i usually start my rides in daylight and end in the dark. once i set out when it was already pitch black, and that was kinda eerie. it's a weird feeling just plowing through pitch darkness except for your trusty little lights. turning off the lights during a break really reminds you of how dark it really is out there. most folks probably would think i'm crazy... i felt a lot of relief when i reached my farthest point and then began the return journey. like i was going to the moon or something.

just for kicks, here's a pic. i still suck at taking night shots but this one came out ok. for dusk at least.

First fallish weather night ride should be happening here tonight, getting excited!
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Finished up a ride at Trumbull this evening, the last hour by headlamp. Awesome.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    First fallish weather night ride should be happening here tonight, getting excited!
    Same, didn't do any night racing this year, so tonight is my first night ride since March/April.

Which trails do you night ride yukon?

Been on two or three night rides with a group of former co-workers at Kettle Moraine south this year, going to start being nice and chilly for at least this week if I get out there. Really excited about the forest growth receding, there are countless scratchers on the trail that leave you all sorts of cut up.

Just lined up some new Baja Designs lights to replace my aging JET Halogen trusty and 5yo 20w light. Stoked to get out there...here are some pics.

ha, pumptrack night sessions go down too!

Shoreline above city creek? sick picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Yeah. This city has got to have some of the best views for night riding. I don't think I've been on the the BST in daylight in years.

^So jealous. If I could afford a light, I'd be out there every night. Nice work.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Love night riding, half of the riding I did getting into mtb was at night after school. Batteries on my old lights are pretty much down to about 1 hr of run time though, and just haven't gotten around to replacing them. Plus, I'm a little sketched out by night riding on a gravity bike - which is what I've got now...

This fits here.

^Wow, awesome shot!
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

stoked on night riding, but I don't know anyone with lights in Durango (new home) so haven't been out after dark yet this year.

I ride alone at night sometimes, but it's legitimately scary!

Very cool night shots, I'll try to borrow someones DSLR to get some midwest stoke posted... people aren't exactly willing to lend their DSLRs though, who knew?

I've been riding with lights for a few years now. Last month I did the 24 Hours of Great Glen race at Mt. Washington. My light held strong until 4:30am. I had to ride without a light but luckily I was behind a guy who rode at aprox. my same pace so I just tailgated him for a lap. Then dawn broke and I left that dude in my dust...
    Last edited by ACHTUNG; 09-21-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

Been night riding twice since I got my light with a bunch of guys who have been night riding for the last bunch of years. I've got a Nite Rider MiNewt that's 300 lumens and is plenty bright but my skills really need to catch up.