Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Oregon #1 in the BCS now.....Utah vs TCU this weekend will be a good game.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

One downside to joining the pac 12 is not getting the opportunity to see the Utes play TCU each year. It's too bad TCU can't take the spot of one of the washingtons/arizonas or something...
    Nothing but good things to say about the Horned Frogs.
    But the Utes can't afford to turn the ball over, and they are going to need a big game from Mr. Shaky:

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    One downside to joining the pac 12 is not getting the opportunity to see the Utes play TCU each year. It's too bad TCU can't take the spot of one of the washingtons/arizonas or something...
    Nothing but good things to say about the Horned Frogs.
    But the Utes can't afford to turn the ball over, and they are going to need a big game from Mr. Shaky:

Agreed. I'm stoked to have Utah in the Pac 12 but can we sub TCU for Colorado?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Agreed. I'm stoked to have Utah in the Pac 12 but can we sub TCU for Colorado?

actually happy to see the U vs. CU rivalry renewed. Fair amount of history there.

actually happy to see the U vs. CU rivalry renewed. Fair amount of history there.
    Yeah, that is a major college football rivalry that needs reviving! All the kids in Boulder walk around with "1961" on their hoodies! Revenge!!!
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Yeah, that is a major college football rivalry that needs reviving! All the kids in Boulder walk around with "1961" on their hoodies! Revenge!!!
    we can only hope the college football Utah-Colorado rivalry achieves the same success and recognition as the TGR rivalry: Utah- snow but no beer vs. Colorado- beer but no snow.

Read a good article today about the possibility of the Utes winning out, jumping Boise and making their first Rose Bowl before Zona does, before even being in the pac 12. Ironic but good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Read a good article today about the possibility of the Utes winning out, jumping Boise and making their first Rose Bowl before Zona does, before even being in the pac 12. Ironic but good stuff.
    Sounds about right.

I got $100 that says Auburn gets exposed. They will lose to someone this season by 2 TDs.
    Hopefully it's South Carolina in a Rematch in Atlanta. Had Garcia not got hurt in that game, I think the cocks win...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Hopefully it's South Carolina in a Rematch in Atlanta. Had Garcia not got hurt in that game, I think the cocks win...
    HUSH your mouth
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

As an offense, I would rather play Pac-10 defenses all day. Oregon is open by 8 yards on seam routes. Not go routes, but seam routes right in the middle of the field. And the QB has 6-8 seconds to throw the ball.

Against SEC defenses, he would have 2.5 seconds and those seams wouldn't be 25 feet wide. And I'm not someone who fellates the SEC.
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    HUSH your mouth
    No offense to AL intended, I would just like another shot at them...
    Last edited by Lonnie; 11-01-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: or maybe not! lol!
    This is the worst pain EVER!

As an offense, I would rather play Pac-10 defenses all day. Oregon is open by 8 yards on seam routes. Not go routes, but seam routes right in the middle of the field. And the QB has 6-8 seconds to throw the ball.

Against SEC defenses, he would have 2.5 seconds and those seams wouldn't be 25 feet wide. And I'm not someone who fellates the SEC.
    That's the difference. The PAC 10 has some very exciting offenses, but the SEC does play more defense and has some monster, quick lineman and linebackers who don't give teams those extra 4 seconds (an eternity) typically.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Purple Jesus is out for the Ducks Huskies game. I'd hate to make my first start at QB in autzen.

Locker sucks. I'd be tempted to say that this is an improvement, but Suckisian's still the Husky HC.
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I can see how BSU may not make it into a BCS bowl at all. Either TCU or Utah will finish ahead of them, and the BCS is only obligated to take one non-BCS team, the highest finisher. By the end of the year, I expect BSU will be hanging aorund #7-9 on the BCS, making them only attractive as an at-large (which of course happened last year when BSU-TCU played). It'd be ironic to be ranked high all year, finish undefeated, and play in some mid-level bowl. The BSU fans will howl, and the "We need a playoff" folks will cite the situation for years to support their argument. I'm starting to think they might be right.
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

BSU will go play in the Rose Bowl if Oregon makes the natty title game. And they will wax whatever shitty read-react Big 10 defense they get matched up with.

If you were explaining college football to a Martian or a Maori, I have to believe one of their first questions would be - why isn't there a playoff to decide all these ridiculous questions?
    -- Jack Tackle

spook Guest
    sure, i'm a homer, but i think oregon's chances of winning it all would actually go up in a playoff. the only games they've lost over the past 2 years were close games following summer, december and a bye week off for the opponent. and the ducks are better on both sides of the ball this year than they were last year. they're hard to prepare for in only a week.

One downside to joining the pac 12 is not getting the opportunity to see the Utes play TCU each year.
    Oregon & Stanford & SC the AZ schools are legit substitutes tho.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

we can only hope the college football Utah-Colorado rivalry achieves the same success and recognition as the TGR rivalry: Utah- snow but no beer vs. Colorado- beer but no snow.
    that's signature worthy. thanks.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaBum View Post
    The BSU fans will howl, and the "We need a playoff" folks will cite the situation for years to support their argument. I'm starting to think they might be right.
    How in the hell could you have ever thought they were wrong???
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    How in the hell could you have ever thought they were wrong???
    '05 steelers
    march madness

single elimination tournaments are a ton of fun, but as a way of determining who the "best" team was that year, they suck, especially for certain sports

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecandy View Post
    '05 steelers
    march madness

single elimination tournaments are a ton of fun, but as a way of determining who the "best" team was that year, they suck, especially for certain sports
    They're still far better than polls based on human bias and computer formulas designed by business men and not made public. There is no better way to determine a football champion then a playoff.

It isn't about determining the best team, it's about determining an champion, there is a difference. The current system does neither.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecandy View Post
    '05 steelers
    march madness

Yeah, Butler getting to the championship game really sucked. Valvano's NC State team knocking off Phi Slamma Jamma really sucked. Better to let Jeff Sagarin's computer sort all this out.

I agree with PaSucks. We aren't trying to determine the best team. In 2008, everyone determined the Patriots were the best team in the league and maybe a Top 3 team all-time. But they got beat by the Giants in the Super Bowl, who were the "champion." In the NFL, we can often determine both. In college, we usually determine neither.
    -- Jack Tackle

man I love Texas fans....check out the gold in this thread and what was Texas thinking with these statues? HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...s-behind-Co-op
    ROLL TIDE ROLL