Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Of the batch of six Diamondback got, only two are in play and not sent back DOA.
    There are four in use in my crew and while they have all required multiple bleeds for good results they are all still holding up. That said, I think we all have concern that they ain't gonna last.

I think the current runner up would be the KS...

I bet Fox is making sure their offering is really dialed before bringing it to market. RS must be eating it on warranty and replacements...

MTBR has a fairly painful thread going about the reverb. Its too bad a big company like sram couldn't get it right. They're doing the right thing though with warranty replacements. I'm currently on my second reverb,and I freaking love the thing. Just wish I had more confidence about it not failing. There's going to come a point where sram is going to say sorry, but you're shit out of luck. Bad experiment for them unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Same problem as Lev?
    numerous problems, but yes, one of them was the blown air seal
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

My KS might go in the trash due to poor CS (at least in my case).

Our LBS seems to be having good luck with reverb. I just bought a specialized EVO with command, interested to see how that works.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Is it just me, or did a bunch of posts disappear from this thread today? Posted this morning about my reverb and its gone.

Anyways, I got one about a week ago for a good deal on ebay for $250 new. One of my riding friends has had one going since last fall and rode through the winter trouble free, so I'm hoping for a similar experience.

So far I'm loving it, just gotta cut the hose a little shorter and I'll be all set.

I've had my Command Post for about 18 months now, and we've had my wife's for about 16 months and they have been great. I had a seal replaced on mine(30 min turnaround), and they've worked flawlessly.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Me and three friends with Reverbs haven't had any issues at all aside from the slow return that happened with the first batch of posts, that is fixed out of the box now.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

bought a reverb in March, worked perfectly out of the box, and continues to do so. has a lot of miles on it already, since it's on one of my favorite bikes in the quiver.

l mounted the lever upside down on the left side of the bar, mostly because i wouldn't want it on the RHS where I do all my shifting (1X10), but also since I didn't want something sticking up like that & getting damaged.

Heard from Rick at KS today. Not sure if this thread had anything to do with it, but thank god!!
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    My KS might go in the trash due to poor CS (at least in my case).

Our LBS seems to be having good luck with reverb. I just bought a specialized EVO with command, interested to see how that works.
    Wait what???

You bought a Stumpy Evo or an Enduro Evo?

Replace the 5spot? Or this just stays in Vegas?

Shirk, SJ Evo. Replace the older 5 spot. which will get semi-retired with all the other old people in vegas.

Sweet, those look dialed.

Nice pickup lph! Post some pics when you get a chance.

One other thought on the Gravity Droppers: did anyone else ever worry about such a powerful magnet being so close to your junk? Always freaked me out a bit...
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

It can't be any worse than holding a cell phone to your brain

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    It can't be any worse than holding a cell phone to your brain
    Or in your pocket all the time.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Nice pickup lph! Post some pics when you get a chance.
    bought it stock, first time ever buying a stock bike (except my first GT Tequesta from way back). Threw some pedals on it and rode it last night. nice bike. forgot about breaking in disc brakes, nearly died first couple corners, scared the shit out of myself. brakes barely even slowed the bike down, blew through both corners. the spec purgatory control tires on there probably didn't help. getting sandy down low in tahoe.

loved the specialized command post. worked like a champ right away.

And the KS i900 is on it's way to be fixed.

I work at my LBS and the most reliable posts have been Gravity Droppers and RS Reverbs. The Joplin we've had nothing but problems with— they're always broken one way or another. On the other hand we seldom see GD's broken, and in the event that they are, it's an easy fix. I personally own a Reverb and I love it— I've yet to come across any problems, and those who I know who have them have experienced the same.

What's the story with the Crank Brothers Joplin 4L? I'm reading all the reviews and horror stories for the remote seat droppers, and so I was wondering if some of those reliability issues can be alleviated with the lever? I really want a seat dropper post for my Heckler, but I really DO NOT want to deal with all of the issues that I read about. Thoughts?

I don't ride hardcore like most guys on here... are the problems really overblown and I shouldn't worry?

RS repaired my reverb to 2012 internals. no issues since. happy to report that they seem to be totally dialed at this point.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

The hydraulic hose barb under my saddle broke while in the care of my LBS. Apparently the item is back order so I am running my stock post that is about 4cm too short. A part like that that is easy to break shouldn't be so difficult to get a hold of.

I got the rockshox - absolutely loved it for the three rides it lasted - SRAM to it back instantly (didn't even get to explain the issue) for a line upgrade. Another freerider in town had his for 3 months and several bike chucking crashes without problem until he told me about it and 3 hours later it crapped out - so basically get one love it and keep quiet about it.

Gravity dropper Turbo broke

My less than 3 month old gravity dropper broke Sat. on a ride. It would latch but not support my weight in full extension and would drop all the way down. Was able to get it to hold in the 1" down position and finished the ride that way.

Very disappointed that it would fail so soon, not a lot of miles on the unit as I have been riding my Fat bike quite a bit. Got a thud buster on that bike.

Definitely something internal is broke or damaged. Emailed GD at the website but it is the weekend so hope to hear from them early this week.
    watch out for snakes

My GD Turbo finally stopped working after 3 years. LBS sent it to GD and it was returned working as good as new in under a week. I was pretty blown away.

KS warrantied my post and sent a brand new one, unfortunately without a remote. I still am without a workable KS post.

My reverb blew its seals or something last night, it now functions as a slider post. I got it new off ebay, so I'm unsure of the warranty etc. I'm gonna swing by the bike shop this weekend, but should I try calling up SRAM directly and try to see if they'll take it back from me?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    My less than 3 month old gravity dropper broke Sat. on a ride. It would latch but not support my weight in full extension and would drop all the way down. Was able to get it to hold in the 1" down position and finished the ride that way.

Very disappointed that it would fail so soon, not a lot of miles on the unit as I have been riding my Fat bike quite a bit. Got a thud buster on that bike.

Definitely something internal is broke or damaged. Emailed GD at the website but it is the weekend so hope to hear from them early this week.
    They'll take care of you. I sent them an e-mail the other day and they responded in about 15 minutes.