Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    stoked on the reverb. minimal play, plenty of throw. 20ish rides with no issues. shortened the hose and a quick bleed out of the box sped the unit up. as others have mentioned, mount the remote under the handlebars. protects it and you don't have to compromise your grip to hit it. can't report on long term durability.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Has anybody heard of these guys: diverse suspension products? They've a 27.2mm, 120mm-travel Joplin knock-off. The remote looks over-sized and over-wrought, but its another option for skinny seattubes. Engrish on da website not so good...

Diverse is pretty well known for their titanium springs.

Well shit. I broke my Reverb last weekend. The seal on the air chamber busted and it refuses to hold any air. The post will be on its way back to RS soon.

I'm bummed to have to go back to a rigid seatpost. I've been riding the Reverb since last Nov., and it's seriously the only way to ride. I put my rigid back on and it's a total night and day difference.

Here's to hoping for a quick replacement. Come on SRAM customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Well shit. I broke my Reverb last weekend. The seal on the air chamber busted and it refuses to hold any air. The post will be on its way back to RS soon.

I'm bummed to have to go back to a rigid seatpost. I've been riding the Reverb since last Nov., and it's seriously the only way to ride. I put my rigid back on and it's a total night and day difference.

Here's to hoping for a quick replacement. Come on SRAM customer service!
    Bummer, but I bet you get it back in 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    stoked on the reverb. minimal play, plenty of throw. 20ish rides with no issues. shortened the hose and a quick bleed out of the box sped the unit up. as others have mentioned, mount the remote under the handlebars. protects it and you don't have to compromise your grip to hit it. can't report on long term durability.
    Almost exactly my experience with the Reverb. Did a meticulous dual bleed post hose cutting, and the thing has been tits so far.

The only fault I find with it so far is the hose play when the post is down. 2nd gen needs to have things reworked to have the hose come out of the silfer collar instead.

The functionality of the Reverb kicks the Gravity Dropper's ass. The GD still wins out for ease of service, and likely overall durability as well. But the Reverb just works so damn well...
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

For those rockin 27.2 seat tubes, I have had zero issues with my KS-i7 in the few months I've had it. I will NEVER go back to a standard seatpost.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Gone now...

I've got half a dozen rides on the KS i950. Seems great so far. It has stuck on me a couple times in the shop but never on the trail. Minimal play, unnoticable (so far), 125 mm of travel, infinity stop points. Seems like a great product so far, at a good price relative to the other options. I'll post back in a couple months re: durability.

The Reverb does seem like the bee's knees though.
    Any update? I'd really like to get an adj seatpost.

No issues with the KS i950 so far Matt. Been great all last fall and so far this spring. Has taken some good abuse and hasn't needed a rebuild or anything cleaning and lubing now and then. Good product, I can highly recommend it.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Just got a multi position gravity dropper, really liking it. Had to trim the bottom of the tube due to internal frame conflict on my Stumpy. Also have a Joplin on my Cdale, works ok but not as nice as the GD.
    watch out for snakes

I love my KS 950, but man, getting it serviced or getting parts. what a royal PITA.

last year needed a new seat clamp. the shop (who is a dealer) and myself both called and email numerous times, no response, nothing. went on the MTBR thread and got in touch with the guy that way. 3 weeks.

the remote broke (which according to same LBS he has seen 5 times) 4 weeks later, still NO RESPONSE from the company or rep. it still sits unused at my LBS as he continues to try and contact someone.

in contrast, the GD had some issues. same LBS called them, they picked up right away, sent it in, got it rebuilt good as new and had it back in under 10 days.

next post is gonna be a reverb.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Finally pulled the trigger... I have a Gravity Dropper Turbo multi-position on the way. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger... I have a Gravity Dropper Turbo multi-position on the way. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Dude, i thought you were looking at Reverbs a long time ago. I did get mine back BTW. Now my frame is broken though... It's always something

still waiting on a broken reverb... 2 weeks now.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Dude, i thought you were looking at Reverbs a long time ago. I did get mine back BTW. Now my frame is broken though... It's always something
    I was... then they got delayed, I cancelled my order, waited for more reviews, and finally decided to get what looks like the most reliable option.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    still waiting on a broken reverb... 2 weeks now.
    Same problem as Lev?

a month after last post and STILL NO RESPONSE FROM KS!

Unreal.

Never again.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."

I have a KS 900 that a few weeks ago stopped extending the full travel, would only go up about 2". I sent Rick an e-mail, heard back the next a.m. Post was sent in and returned within 1 week. I called Rick for an update and received an answer on my 1st phone call. Sorry to hear others are having trouble during the same time period mine was fixed. This probably makes it only more frustrating just wanted to mention that in my case, KS customer service was as good as it gets.

I think the problem is that Rick is the only person.

Last time I had a problem I didn't get a return email till I went on the MTBR thread and posted 'why haven't myself or shop heard back?'.

Thing is, I shouldn't have to be wasting my time. The LBS is a KS dealer.

never again.

Reverb is light years better in stability, feel and action than my old Gravity Dropper. But it definitely has some reliability issues that need to be addressed:

-Root of most problems: the hose attaching at the saddle clamp instead of the post. Causes major hose management issues - tire rub, zip ties, etc etc. I set up a zip tie combo that ultimately slized the hose and led to failure... right before a race. It worked out, but I was bummed.

-Remote on top of the bars is exposed to damage/makes changing tires on the trail a PITA.

-The hose barb that comes out of the remote is very exposed; I bent mine, no idea how. Too afraid to bend it back - don't want to break it. Needs a rubber compression fitting thing like the one at the seatpost clamp IMO to help protect it.

It sounds like some of those issues can be addressed by mounting the remote underneath the bars; maybe I'll give that a try.

That said, while I loved my GD, I will be sticking with the Reverb. It's just too good.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    It sounds like some of those issues can be addressed by mounting the remote underneath the bars; maybe I'll give that a try.
    yep, under the bar is the way. you'll be glad you did it.

Echoing on the Reverb...

I've had it for about two months now.
    Mine finally got good after doing a third very very thorough bleed — it was sticky and or very slow before that and I thought I'd be sending it back.
    Getting the line on the remote barb is a bitch.
    I mounted my remote upside down, which I think is best. I also don't run a front derailleur so there is more room to work with.
    Had to really crank down on the seat rail bolts or the seat would rock loose and be noisy too.
    I have a little fore/aft play at extension but don't notice when I ride.
    I also have a slight rotation going on with the whole uppers (silver ring and everything above) but again I don't notice it when riding.

I am starting to wonder if it's days are already numbered, but I'll hold out till it craps the bed. When it's working it's totally amazing.

p.s. Running slower return speed is good because you can get a variety of heights without using your ass to stop it. Stay on the peddles, hit the plunger quick and the seat will be 1/3 of the way up — better than immediate full boner IMO.

First Reverb given to me - 2 bleeds didn't work.

Second Reverb - 2 bleeds - didn't work. Gave it to a shop for spare parts.

Third Reverb sent. Gave it to some other chump to review. Life is too short to ride pure unadulterated dog shit whether or not its free.

^^Lee not pulling any punches...

I met a guy at my local LBS who was on his 5th Reverb, this was a month ago so I'd imagine he's gone through a couple more. Different issues and multiple bleeds done by the shop who is super reliable. He said when it worked properly it was great and CS was good through the LBS but shit that doesn't make me want to buy one.