Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Back from the depths...

Been looking for a drop post for my Transition, not a ton of options for 30.0mm. Just want a non-remote, 4" travel post with infinite adjustability. GD Descent looks like the closest option, but the 1" or 4" all-or-nothing is a sticking point. Anything else I'm missing? Why, God, doesn't the Joplin or the Reverb come in smaller size?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Back from the depths...

Been looking for a drop post for my Transition, not a ton of options for 30.0mm. Just want a non-remote, 4" travel post with infinite adjustability. GD Descent looks like the closest option, but the 1" or 4" all-or-nothing is a sticking point. Anything else I'm missing? Why, God, doesn't the Joplin or the Reverb come in smaller size?
    I hear that, my cove hustler is 30.0 as well, balls!

The Gravity Dropper and AMP are tried and true designs. Maybe not what you're lusting for, but they created the market, and are still being sold for a reason. I don't really see the lack of infinite adjustment being a major issue. I do use the 1" drop sometimes, and the little bit of drop is fine for me, but I've never felt like I needed to fine-tune anything but the climbing position of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The Gravity Dropper and AMP are tried and true designs. Maybe not what you're lusting for, but they created the market, and are still being sold for a reason. I don't really see the lack of infinite adjustment being a major issue. I do use the 1" drop sometimes, and the little bit of drop is fine for me, but I've never felt like I needed to fine-tune anything but the climbing position of the seat.
    +1. I've only used the 1" drop a few times. 99.9% of the time it's either up or down, because I'm either sitting on it or not sitting on it.

BTW, AMP sold out to FSA. I guess they're gonna have something on the market "soon", but it doesn't look like you can order one currently.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    BTW, AMP sold out to FSA. I guess they're gonna have something on the market "soon", but it doesn't look like you can order one currently.
    Hmm... Wewwy Intewesting...

Yeah, you guys are right, I probably am splitting hairs. I've got the rest of the ski season to mull it over, anyway. Thanks.

I'm not surprised...AMP is literally some guys from a machine shop in Stockton, who probably got sick of dealing with customer service issues.

I guess I've got a RARE AND DESIRABLE American-made AMP now

31.6mm Joplin R (remote) on Chainlove right now. $139.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

And again, same price

I dunno, that handlebar lever for the Joplin is just too big and balky and looks like a disaster waiting for a good wreck. I kinda like the Reverb or Command Post. Gonna play with those two in the spring and see what's what.

I think I'll be buying yet another Gravity Dropper for this summer. Thinking of seeing if I can get one with 1.5" and 5" positions. We've had great luck with the two we own already and I don't need fine adjustment. I was gonna go Reverb, but I hate the idea of a hose that has to change position. It's like when cables are poorly routed on a frame and must bow out when the suspension sags.

I'm surprised no one posted this here...

Blackbox Reverb with bottom hose routing.

I'm guessing it won't be out for a while though and I need a solution now

^^^
    No, not a Reverb.

www.blacx.eu/

Very happy with my command post. Spendy but bomber and the thumb-button is well-designed.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    ^^^
    No, not a Reverb.

www.blacx.eu/
    Good to know. Gravity Dropper still looks like the best option for me then. Maybe I'll have to just design a new lever and send the design to Wayne.

30.9 Joplin just rebuilt with new seals from CB for sale

make an offer. 'twas thinking $120, but if that's not fair....

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    ^^^
    No, not a Reverb.

www.blacx.eu/
    Holy shit that thing's almost $400 for less travel than the category leaders, 110mm. Is the reverb that much? Don't know it 20mm makes that much difference in practice but I'm sure happy with the 130mm I get from my non-remote KS i950. I too don't like the idea of a cable that moves all over the place and bows out when in the low position.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Damn, I was beginning to think I was the only one with a 30.0 post.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    30.9 Joplin just rebuilt with new seals from CB for sale

make an offer. 'twas thinking $120, but if that's not fair....
    I'm interested. Remote?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Damn, I was beginning to think I was the only one with a 30.0 post.
    Nope, my TransAM as well. The same Gravity Dropper in it (with a shim) has been on several other prior frames with shims, and is still kicking after near six years, I think.

Broke one inner post bit, Wayne sent me the new/beefier versions for BOTH my first gen. posts. As well as the newer alu bits that replaced the older plastic stuff. The outer knob bits pulled apart from both posts as well, once each. Cleaned them up, stuck them back on with JB Weld and all has been good now for quite some time.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

yeah, and those are made right near here. Wish I can some money.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Has anyone used the RS Reverb yet? I haven't heard anything on them yet, but am considering ordering one anyway.

Anyone pickup an extra Joplin from the chainlove deal or have one they want to get rid of? I need a 30.9, preferably non-remote.

Chainlove has only had 31.6

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle23 View Post
    Has anyone used the RS Reverb yet? I haven't heard anything on them yet, but am considering ordering one anyway.
    get one. see the previous page.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    get one. see the previous page.
    x2 So much fun