Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Cool. Might just do that. Post up if you get a shipping verification
    I just got mine from them today. I'd keep checking their stock. Apparently they had a hell of a run on the first round. They managed to scrape up some more to fill my and other orders.

Mine from speedgoat was delivered today but I haven't been home to tear into it yet. This weekend = moab and a good test.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

I got my reverb Wednesday

So far, I like it. There is NO side to side play, the drop 'lever' works wonderfully, with the hydraulic lever unit. I am really stoked to go get it out on trails. The only thing I wish I could change is how fast the unit goes up or down. There is adjustability, but even in the fastest setting it feels a little slow.I liked on my Joplin how fast it would go up, the Reverb goes a little slower. But I am getting used to it and I feel it won't be a problem when out on the trail. I am going to call Rockshox on Monday and see if there is a way to make it go a little faster.

Any questions about it ask, and I'll post up
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Any questions about it ask, and I'll post up
    Would you mind measuring the minimum length of post at full extension from bottom of seal to seat rail (I believe its around 7 1/2"). I think I'm right around that measurement from the top of my seatpost collar so hope it will fit. Also wondering the same measurement but at full compression (probably the previous measure minus 5").

Thanks, and lucky you guys!!

From bottom of seal, to the seat rails is about 6 1/4 inches. I'm not sure but the seat post all the way in, from the seat post collar to the seat post rail, with the seat fully extended is 7 1/2 -7 3/8 That's with the actual post bottomed out on the seat collar.

compressed the min height from seat collar to seat rails is 2 3/8, from the seal to the rails is 1 1/4 to 1 3/8.

I hope that makes sense/ is what you wanted.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Yeah, your second measurement of 7 1/2" is the one I'm looking for, not sure what to call it but thats why I said BOTTOM of seal (whatever you want to call the silver part). My seat collar to seat rail is exactly 7 3/4" so little room to spare but enough.

Thanks again.

BTW, which length are you guys choosing for the Reverb seatpost? I figured the 385 was the right one for a guy who is 5'10", but I was curious what others are going with.

I got the 420, and If I had done it again I would have gone with the shorter one. the 420 gives you almost 5 inches of seat post (AFTER the min insertion line) (eyeballed this number) BEFORE the extending part.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I got the 420, and If I had done it again I would have gone with the shorter one. the 420 gives you almost 5 inches of seat post (AFTER the min insertion line) (eyeballed this number) BEFORE the extending part.
    Ya, I noticed most other comparable posts on market run under 400, hence going with the 385. Hopefully that works out ok

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    anyone want a KS I900, 30.9, 300mm length, 75mm travel, non-remote?

installed, ridden once, not needed.

$100 + shipping

dave@fatskideals.com
    Still got it?

I'm looking for one of these seatposts that is about 6 - 7 inches (150 - 180mm) from the bottom of the seatpost to the seat rail in its lowest position.

Is there such an animal?

How are peeps liking those Reverbs? Mine is en route. Taken absolutely forever... yet still excited to put a new toy on the Endorphin

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    How are peeps liking those Reverbs? Mine is en route. Taken absolutely forever... yet still excited to put a new toy on the Endorphin
    Decided I didn't really need one, partly because the season is pretty much over.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Decided I didn't really need one, partly because the season is pretty much over.
    Hah! After all that... I guess u guys in Assssspen have bigger and better things to think about now that it's Nov.

I'm still excited about this thing, although part of me has wondered if the KS i950 would've been better. Sounds like the lines have been too long and people are having to bleed the Reverbs on arrival. Not the end of the world, but for that kind of money I want something that is ready for action right out of the box, ya know?

Yeah mine is sweet! But the line is long, (I didn't cut it just did a ghetto route) and I did bleed the lever which helped it a ton. The seat clamp is more or less idiot proof, and well thought out, and everything else works well so far.

Still liking my KS i950, no issues so far after much abuse.

Do wish I had the remote and it look slike it could retrofit but with gripshif that thing would be retatdedly far my thumb anyway. Not as far as the seat I guess though. We'll see, maybe look into it over the winter, or maybe just get an i950R and sell the current one. That reverb is damn expensive and I'm not crazy about having another hydraulic line on my bike.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

10 or so rides on my reverb, works perfect.No play whatsover. The guys at Watta bike and I had to bleed it in order to get it to raise better/faster. Kent had to do the same with his. I mounted The remote upside down on the opposite bar. It sits tucked in below the bar and looks like its pretty protected.
    The hardest thing I had to deal with was the adjustment after 3 seasons on the GD. Which is still on my other bike and working perfectly.
    Don't make me come get you....

For those of us with 27.2 seatposts, should I wait for the i7 or just get a gravity dropper?

The i7 looks sweet, but the gravity dropper is available now...
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Reverb !

Big props for the Reverb. I've had a Joplin, GD Classic and Turbo - the Reverb is SO much smoother and without play (which I could never address with the GD). They seem a bit slow out of the box, but a full bleed addressed that. The bleed kit is included and I'd recommend that anyone do this during installation. There was a TON of air in the line which must be a new product release issue. After the bleed, the speed increased tremendously. The remote fitment can be a PITA depending on your shift/brake setup, but after fiddling for an hour, I found harmony between the three clamps. Of course durability is an unknown, but RS should know their stuff when it comes to seals, etc.
    Last edited by highrustler; 11-10-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Well after about 3 months of waiting, I finally got my Reverb on Thanksgiving over at my inlaws house. Just installed last night and got back from my first ride on it a couple hours ago.

All I can say is WOW. So happy I waited. I've been riding the same trail at the same seat level for years now. Too lazy to hop off and adjust. Today's fun factor went up a few points.

Didn't have to bleed or shorten the line. Just threw it on and it was good to go. Might bleed in the future, but for now the speed is totally adequate. Pics of the setup to follow.

I have the S command post and love it. No side to side yet, 4 months, pretty light and I like the two positions. They could (and will) make the lever smaller. Have some in stock if anyone needs a mag price. Pm me.

- At the dealer event one of the product guys was showing of a grip-lockring with the lever reduced in size and integrated into it.

Looks like the KS i7 is finally available. anybody seen it in action yet?
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

OMG I F'ing love this thing. Just got back from my second ride on it. Cold as shit outside, but the seatpost is still smooth as butter. Some general observations: 1) I use it more than I thought I would; 2) Using for climbs has been surprisingly awesome - cleaned some techy stuff today with ease that normally gives me some trouble. It's super nice being able to get your butt down when you need a lower COG; 3) DH is just that much more fun. That's probably the key factor to having the new seatpost. I like climbing and all, but I still have that mentality of climbing to descend. Well, descents just got that much more fun. If you're thinking of getting one, do it. Put it on the xmas list. I don't think they're overrated by the slightest bit. A few pics:

I just ordered the Pure Race KS-i7, hopefully i'll have it by the weekend. Universal Cycles has them in stock.

I'll post a review once I get may ass on it

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Smile

Well look what came in the mail today

Pure Race KS-i7

Remote:

Ghetto cable routing job:

Only ridden it around the block a few times but seems to work great. Will post a more in depth review once I log a few rides

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan