Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Everyone here is loving the kine post. the new rockshox one looks promising too
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I'm waiting for the Rockshox, partly because I know their warranty/customer service will be kick ass....
    FYI, I've been running the GD original for about 4 years now and never had a problem. I did crash and break the handlebar clamp, and when I called GD, they sent me two for free.

GD is a small company, and they really appreciate your business and will take care of you as such.

Personally, I like the fully mechanical aspect of the GD. I really don't want another air/hydraulic system on my bike. GD uses only a shift cable, a magnet and a pin to do its job. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), my design model.
    ~elake

I don't half-a$$ anything, it's whole-a$$ or nothing.
    -elake

Ive ridden the RockShox one a few times. It rocks. it has adjustable return speed, no side to side play, and comes with a hydraulic remote... By far the best option once it hits the market.

I am with elake about concerns re adding more hydraulics.

That being said, I am still def gonna get one the minute they become available. :-) beauty is, outside of breaking on a ride it is such an easily replaceable part.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

I too will be buying the rockshox when it comes out. 125mm travel and a 420mm length- yeah baby!!
    Hello darkness my old friend

yeah, I need that long post for my SS. the short seattube makes it tough to find a post long enough to climb with.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

I'm buying Inspector Gadget's Joplin w/ remote -- 31.6mm post is exactly what I need for the Intense 5.5, so no shims needed. Thanks IG!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

anyone want a KS I900, 30.9, 300mm length, 75mm travel, non-remote?

installed, ridden once, not needed.

$100 + shipping

dave@fatskideals.com

Just a heads up for those looking to buy the RS Reverb next month, I found this yesterday: http://mikesbikes.com/product/11-roc...m?Affiliate=31

Looks like a preorder sale. $50 off ain't bad. I decided to treat myself for my bday which was yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive some time within the next few weeks.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Just a heads up for those looking to buy the RS Reverb next month, I found this yesterday: http://mikesbikes.com/product/11-roc...m?Affiliate=31

Looks like a preorder sale. $50 off ain't bad. I decided to treat myself for my bday which was yesterday. Hopefully it will arrive some time within the next few weeks.

Cheers
    I was looking at that 15 minutes ago... think I'll pull the trigger.

Gone now...

I've got half a dozen rides on the KS i950. Seems great so far. It has stuck on me a couple times in the shop but never on the trail. Minimal play, unnoticable (so far), 125 mm of travel, infinity stop points. Seems like a great product so far, at a good price relative to the other options. I'll post back in a couple months re: durability.

The Reverb does seem like the bee's knees though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    UB, what did you think of the AMP? It and the Gravity dropper are the only ones that come in the 27.2 size. How was the play in it? any durability issues?
    I have a few years on mine.

The internal cable will break eventually if you use it a lot (mine broke after two years of frequent use)...but that just means it'll be stuck in the "up" position until you get another one, which is a reasonable failure mode. They sent me two replacement cables for free.

The seat clamp is super-burly, and the raise/lower mechanism is both 100% mechanical and very simple. After three years mine has an acceptably small amount of play: it hasn't got measurably worse after break-in.

The cable adjustment on the remote lever is a bit touchy to get right, but easy to adjust once you get a feel for it, and doesn't generally need attention after it stretches and breaks in.

The one criticism I have of the AMP is that you must lube the shaft frequently or it creaks...sometimes every two or three rides. This is easy (just drip some chain lube in the tracks, then cycle it a few times) but will drive you batshit until you realize what the problem is.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, especially considering how much trouble everyone else has been having with the other brands (broken shafts, sagging posts, lousy seat clamps, leaky hydraulics).

Nice review of 5 adjustable posts in the new issue of Bike magazine, for anyone shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Cheers
    I ordered the Reverb and two in stock items from them one week ago. The in stock items have not shipped yet. If they don't ship tomorrow, I will cancel my whole order. I have also sent 2 unreturned e-mails and placed an unreturned phone call.

I ordered the Reverb and two in stock items from them one week ago. The in stock items have not shipped yet. If they don't ship tomorrow, I will cancel my whole order. I have also sent 2 unreturned e-mails and placed an unreturned phone call.
    . That's not good. Maybe they consolidate their orders into one shipment? The unreturned calls and emails is still a bit worrying. Keep me posted

. That's not good. Maybe they consolidate their orders into one shipment? The unreturned calls and emails is still a bit worrying. Keep me posted
    I wrote in the comments section of the order to ship the in stock items now and the Reverb later.

Hmmm, that sucks about the preorder, hopefully they come through. There are some shady online bike shops out there. I got kinda screwed by 'Beyond Bikes' AKA 'Beyond Outdoors' last year, avoid them at all costs. Turns out they didn't actually stock anything, they sourced by the order, if they could. So I got charged and received nothing for a couple months until finally they refunded me.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Gone now...

I've got half a dozen rides on the KS i950. Seems great so far. It has stuck on me a couple times in the shop but never on the trail. Minimal play, unnoticeable (so far), 125 mm of travel, infinity stop points. Seems like a great product so far, at a good price relative to the other options. I'll post back in a couple months re: durability.

The Reverb does seem like the bee's knees though.
    Let me expand on this and address some of the other issues for anyone considering this post.

The clamp has been good, the i950 has two bolts over the i900's one. It's not a true micro adjust though, it has notches for seat angle, if you're picky it could be a problem. I seemed to be in between notches at first but don't notice it anymore. Also, the seat slipped back a little on my first ride with it so I took the clamp bolts out and greased them up with anti-seize so I could get them tighter. That did the trick, no longer an issue with about 15 rides on it.

The 'sticking' I've experienced, like I said, was just in the shop, not on the trail. Seems only to be when my full weight isn't on it, yet to be an issue on the trail.

Still minimal play, smooth action. I have lubed it with shock oil a couple times after getting muddy and washing the bike.

No issues with the mechanism but I don't have the remote model (i950R). I have read that the remote is somewhat flimsy and prone to breakage.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

They finally responded and apologized. They said they were backed up because of the amount of orders they got during their sale. They cut the shipping down to $5 and will not charge me for shipping when they get the Reverb. The two items that were in, shipped today.

They finally responded and apologized. They said they were backed up because of the amount of orders they got during their sale. They cut the shipping down to $5 and will not charge me for shipping when they get the Reverb. The two items that were in, shipped today.
    Hey just saw this. Thanks for posting that up. I'm pumped for the new seatpost. Now that we're into Sept, it shouldn't be too long...

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I got kinda screwed by 'Beyond Bikes' AKA 'Beyond Outdoors' last year, avoid them at all costs. Turns out they didn't actually stock anything, they sourced by the order, if they could. So I got charged and received nothing for a couple months until finally they refunded me.

+2 for Beyond Bikes sucking. Got screwed by them too years ago. Would never order a thing from them again.

Reverb is on sale @ Speedgoat... http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.aspx/Browse?Prod=19729 Looks like it is in stock. Universal Cycles shows it in stock too.

Apparently Mike's Bikes didn't get anything from the first shipment, so they won't be getting the Reverb in until late October. I cancelled my order, since I won't get any use out of it during the winter.

Apparently Mike's Bikes didn't get anything from the first shipment, so they won't be getting the Reverb in until late October. I cancelled my order, since I won't get any use out of it during the winter.
    Thanks for the update. I'll probably just hold out at this point. Kind of sucks, but oh well

Thanks for the update. I'll probably just hold out at this point. Kind of sucks, but oh well
    You can cancel and order from Speedgoat. They have some in stock and it's on sale.

You can cancel and order from Speedgoat. They have some in stock and it's on sale.
    Cool. Might just do that. Post up if you get a shipping verification